Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Jul 14, 2010
14 posts
1 upvote
PoCo
Scortadict wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:43 pm
i just ordered another tablet for my sister, at the same time i got 2 32gig micro sd card class 4 will it be fast enough for it??
I was wondering this as well. Class 4 fast enough for this TAB or should I get a class 10?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1123 posts
225 upvotes
Gatineau
marksmithy69 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 4:22 pm
I have the exact same problem. I can't even connect to a WPA network. WEP is no problem.

This tablet cannot keep a connection properly enough that im returning it. Amazon pays shipping back in this case cause IMO it's defective.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
ck01 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 3:27 am
This tablet cannot keep a connection properly enough that im returning it. Amazon pays shipping back in this case cause IMO it's defective.
Same for me. Very disappointed. I can't believe it's not a well known issue already? Wifi isn't useable at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1123 posts
225 upvotes
Gatineau
Xcessiv wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 7:00 am
Same for me. Very disappointed. I can't believe it's not a well known issue already? Wifi isn't useable at all.

*Some* user reviews were talking about that.
http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews/B0 ... addOneStar among others...

My only internet at home is tethering from my android phone. It only gives me an option between open and WPA2 security. Well, you all guess I didn't want to use open, but even then, it did not seem to make that much of a difference. I found my internet to be slow compared to my phone/desktop/laptop all connected the same way, and it was hard to watch Youtube. Maps on google maps were slower. It seemed to work properly most of the time, but it was locking up an (edit) UNacceptable amount of times (where I had to use the top icon to reset the wi fi). Resetting here and then would have been no biggie, but every 5-10 minutes was not a pleasant experience (when every slowdown you wonder if your connection crashed....). So very sadly it's going back... :(
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1369 posts
1377 upvotes
Halifax
Xcessiv wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 7:00 am

have you tried switching your router to accept wpa and wpa2 or have it as just wpa. I have had many older notebooks (1-2 years) not like wpa2. This shouldn't be a problem but is.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
tdracer wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 8:07 am
have you tried switching your router to accept wpa and wpa2 or have it as just wpa. I have had many older notebooks (1-2 years) not like wpa2. This shouldn't be a problem but is.
Will try. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1217 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
tdracer wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 8:07 am

I'm on the fence about returning this, as I'm finding WPA2 to be a problem. Mostly I can see myself using this at coffee shops and airports, so most hotspots are open with a web login, so it won't be an issue.

I think the problem occurs with assigning an IP address AFTER connection when I'm using WPA2 though... if I go into my router settings and revoke the IP address the tablet originally had, it connects again with no problem. Also, I don't get any disconnects... it's just if I restart the tablet, I can't seem to connect back to that same SSID again...

We have until January 31st to return, as long as we keep the original packaging and don't abuse the darn thing...!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1732 posts
72 upvotes
Does anyone know how I can install 'US' only apps from the market like TMZ? I tried using Market Enabler but it didn't do anything.
Nov 22, 2003
841 posts
10 upvotes
ck01 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 7:42 am
*Some* user reviews were talking about that.
http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews/B0 ... addOneStar among others...

My only internet at home is tethering from my android phone. It only gives me an option between open and WPA2 security. Well, you all guess I didn't want to use open, but even then, it did not seem to make that much of a difference. I found my internet to be slow compared to my phone/desktop/laptop all connected the same way, and it was hard to watch Youtube. Maps on google maps were slower. It seemed to work properly most of the time, but it was locking up an acceptable amount of times (where I had to use the top icon to reset the wi fi). Resetting here and then would have been no biggie, but every 5-10 minutes was not a pleasant experience (when every slowdown you wonder if your connection crashed....). So very sadly it's going back... :(

hmmm ok, I bought it & now I changed my mind.
It's still in shipping,
what's the best was to do this? not pick up the package? or pick up and then RMA it?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1217 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
malaca wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 9:43 am
hmmm ok, I bought it & now I changed my mind.
It's still in shipping,
what's the best was to do this? not pick up the package? or pick up and then RMA it?

Pick it up and RMA it if you want to return. You will print a return shipping label and drop it off with UPS. Expect a refund within a month.
Dec 25, 2006
327 posts
126 upvotes
Ottawa
I have decided to return mine as well. The wifi issue is a deal breaker. I have a screen protector and a micro SD card on order for it. If anyone in the Ottawa area wants either of these items for their tablet, let me know.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
marksmithy69 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 10:22 am
I have decided to return mine as well. The wifi issue is a deal breaker. I have a screen protector and a micro SD card on order for it. If anyone in the Ottawa area wants either of these items for their tablet, let me know.
How stable is it on regular WPA instead of WPA2?
Dec 25, 2006
327 posts
126 upvotes
Ottawa
Xcessiv wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 10:26 am
How stable is it on regular WPA instead of WPA2?

I couldn't get mine to connect to WPA at all. It kept trying to connect, then after a few seconds, it would say 'Disconnected'. WEP was better though. I had no issues connecting to WEP at all.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18126 posts
9294 upvotes
Kitchener
marksmithy69 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 10:30 am
I couldn't get mine to connect to WPA at all. It kept trying to connect, then after a few seconds, it would say 'Disconnected'. WEP was better though. I had no issues connecting to WEP at all.

Have upgraded to the latest firmware ?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1123 posts
225 upvotes
Gatineau
aasoror wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 10:41 am
Have upgraded to the latest firmware ?

Me, I did, and by the way, thanks to the poster who gave the instructions. It did not change my (somewhat limited) experience. I think it's a good product, but when you lose confidence, it ruins the experience, and WIFI is right up there on the important stuff list. I still felt the browsing was quite slower than expected after the firmware update and still got some unexpected disconnects.

Now I hope the transformer will soon be reduced in price. I'm in no hurry personnally, so I will probably pay a bit more but end up with a android 3 tablet that will go to ICS after, so the better for me. Thanks aasoror for posting this deal though.