Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1811 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Rave066 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2012 11:23 pm
so people already have Lepan II ? or did i misread something?

some people got it already but some are still waiting on their preorders.

Maybe the mods should separate the thread into a Le Pan II thread since we are talking about 2 tablets at the same time now. Or someone could start a Le Pan II thread. I dont know what the protocol is on RFD for this.
Aug 19, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
qewcool wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 12:16 am

Maybe the mods should separate the thread into a Le Pan II thread since we are talking about 2 tablets at the same time now. Or someone could start a Le Pan II thread. I dont know what the protocol is on RFD for this.

is it still $279 for Lepan II or did the price change a bit, and what about that it was comming in feb 2012

if so i might return my LePan I for II
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
if the lepan II drops to 199, i'd probably buy it, lepan III specs seem pretty good! course every new tablet that comes out is better then the previous ones, plus im getting bored of the playbook, it doesn't really run true android appz, its like running vmware :facepalm:

bar none, navigon GPS is the best if you can install it :wink: get applanet and start from there :D

and the best keyboard to use is the swiftkey tablet X! way better than stock key
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Nov 12, 2005
223 posts
36 upvotes
qewcool wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 12:16 am

This whole thread could be broadened to all le pan products and moved to discussion now that the deal isn't really a deal anymore. I know I wouldn't not feel I got my money's worth at $220.
Dec 6, 2004
638 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Derfel wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 11:17 pm
It's all good - you should have a link on one of your screens for the Android Market - that's the place to look to start!

Thanks Derfel!
Dec 6, 2004
638 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
DpX wrote:
Jan 14th, 2012 4:03 am
I realized that i also didnt get a 2gb microsd card.. is there an actual user guide booklet or just the 1page quick setup sheet? I will contact amazon re this and that my internal display shows some discoloration inlock mode.

In terms of the scroll speed on websites, are people experiencing lag? It is noticeably slower than the scroll on iphone/ipad. Just wondering if this is normal.

The amazon rep did not indicate whether or not it was a quick setup sheet, however on the box, it indicates "user guide" not "quick setup" and as for the 2GB card, he (the rep) indicated that i should have received that under separate packaging in the box. So not exactly sure what the reps know about the product.

Thanks for the reply.
Sep 23, 2009
368 posts
40 upvotes
mercury4 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 6:25 am
The amazon rep did not indicate whether or not it was a quick setup sheet, however on the box, it indicates "user guide" not "quick setup" and as for the 2GB card, he (the rep) indicated that i should have received that under separate packaging in the box. So not exactly sure what the reps know about the product.

Thanks for the reply.

The 2GB card shoudl be already inserted in the microHCSD slot. Does not come separately packed as an accessory. Remove the slot cover to verify.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by DpX
I realized that i also didnt get a 2gb microsd card.. is there an actual user guide booklet or just the 1page quick setup sheet? I will contact amazon re this and that my internal display shows some discoloration inlock mode.

In terms of the scroll speed on websites, are people experiencing lag? It is noticeably slower than the scroll on iphone/ipad. Just wondering if this is normal.

[/QUOTE]

yes it lags a bit, its NOT AS GOOD as the ipads but its only half the price + it has GPS(navigon works well)

i think it lags on youtube website videos too

ipad has stand alone gps?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7968 posts
1516 upvotes
Mississauga
Unfortunately it seems like the first tablet I received will not turn back on after the screen goes off, and I need to use a pin to press the reset button. I have to set to stay awake in debugging, and cannot figure this out. Is there a simple fix prior to me sending it for an RMA? I guess some users are having no issues with this tablet based on the thread, so I will hope the replacement works better.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1219 posts
178 upvotes
Calgary
Avenger wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 11:25 am
Unfortunately it seems like the first tablet I received will not turn back on after the screen goes off, and I need to use a pin to press the reset button. I have to set to stay awake in debugging, and cannot figure this out. Is there a simple fix prior to me sending it for an RMA? I guess some users are having no issues with this tablet based on the thread, so I will hope the replacement works better.

Have you flashed the latest firmware?
May 19, 2006
254 posts
12 upvotes
Derfel wrote:
Jan 11th, 2012 10:52 am
I should also add that Ice Stream is another great app that runs very well on this tablet. Love having every television episode from the past 20 years at my fingertips at any time!

Where can you get Ice Stream from? I tried downloading it from a few different sites and then transferring it to my SD card...it just tells me that this .apk can't be unpacked properly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7968 posts
1516 upvotes
Mississauga
Derfel wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 12:16 pm
Have you flashed the latest firmware?

Yes, installed the latest firmware, rooted it, did fix permissions with rom manager, and disabled all sleep policies including wifi. Tried disabling wifi to confirm that wasnt the issue either.
Sep 23, 2009
368 posts
40 upvotes
Avenger wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 11:25 am
Unfortunately it seems like the first tablet I received will not turn back on after the screen goes off, and I need to use a pin to press the reset button. I have to set to stay awake in debugging, and cannot figure this out.

Pls. read the User's manaul. Help and FAQs. Follow steps for "stay awake": MENU-Settings- Applications-Developement- Check USB debugging, Check Stay awake (both to green check marks).

http://lepan.supportsync.com/articles/
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1219 posts
178 upvotes
Calgary
I tried the RainX treatment on my LePan this morning - helps quite a bit with the fingerprints, and when there are marks they wipe off VERY easily! I wouldn't have believed it unless I tried it myself!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Derfel wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 3:05 pm
I tried the RainX treatment on my LePan this morning - helps quite a bit with the fingerprints, and when there are marks they wipe off VERY easily! I wouldn't have believed it unless I tried it myself!

you mean the winshield washer fluid on microfibre towel? or that actual wet napkin towelette rainX wipes?