Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1138 posts
219 upvotes
Edmonton
HELLLLP APP Store won't work at all....It won't even let me upgrade the firmware =(
Dec 6, 2004
635 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Gotcha wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:28 pm
I had a good experience with their support.. a bit slow and no feedback but eventually delivered...
I first opened a case on their lepan support site...
Someone replied after a week and asked me to give my order (proof) from amazon . Told them my warranty was expiring in 1 month (Nov 26th)... and they sent me an email with a 4 step proceduce to return it with a Case #.
Packed my tablet and sent it via Canada Post ( paid about $24 with tracking )... Didnt get any response from them... after 3 weeks I got a brand new tablet back.
i got my purchase fully refunded from amazon by jeff bezos after explaining the whole story to him, there were 10 calls to amazon seeking help,so level 3 support brought him into our call. plus a 100 $ goodwill voucher and they lepan just got back to me with no mention of steps to take to reply to them. They have my proof of purchase, visa receipt, amazon receipt, i have an rma, they even called me at home but indicated they had to clear it with their supervisor in order to mail the repaired product back to me. so they clearly don't have a set of procedures in place. however, i'm in a bonus position now anyway. i guess it depends on who you get i guess.
May 6, 2005
107 posts
7 upvotes
Boxing week sales. It's now $99. As long as you use 30days return period to test it deeply. Make sure it don't have any freezing, auto shut off issues....then....It is a good tablet with IPS screen. My 2 cents.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
How's the screen on this? IPS display seems mighty tempting...
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17760 posts
8879 upvotes
Kitchener
newhand123 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 7:47 pm
Boxing week sales. It's now $99. As long as you use 30days return period to test it deeply. Make sure it don't have any freezing, auto shut off issues....then....It is a good tablet with IPS screen. My 2 cents.
OP updated.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17760 posts
8879 upvotes
Kitchener
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:49 am
is 2.2 any good? seems outdated...
There is a functional CM7 port for it.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/le- ... guide.html
May 3, 2007
634 posts
151 upvotes
Gotcha wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:28 pm
I had a good experience with their support.. a bit slow and no feedback but eventually delivered...
I first opened a case on their lepan support site...
Someone replied after a week and asked me to give my order (proof) from amazon . Told them my warranty was expiring in 1 month (Nov 26th)... and they sent me an email with a 4 step proceduce to return it with a Case #.
Packed my tablet and sent it via Canada Post ( paid about $24 with tracking )... Didnt get any response from them... after 3 weeks I got a brand new tablet back.
This is very encouraging - I sent my tablet back to them last week via Canada Post expedited.
Broken power button.
I agree that their customer service is not exceptional.
I opened a case on the Le Pan support website on Nov. 14th, and didn't hear back from them until Dec 13th.
After a few back and forth exchanges, they sent me a return number and the procedure needed to return.
Hopefully, like you, 'll get a replacement soon.
Sep 23, 2009
368 posts
40 upvotes
DeeWayne wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:12 pm
HELLLLP APP Store won't work at all....It won't even let me upgrade the firmware =(
After over a year and my son plays it almost everyday, the Le Pan I is going strong. The life of the battery is excellent and the screen is still very crispy and bright. Have in mind of getting another one since it is now only $99 @amazon.ca.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8182 posts
1354 upvotes
Winnipeg
newhand123 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 7:47 pm
well when ever I install mahong for the wife it freezes during the game after an hour. I guess it has to go back. Can't narrow it down to the app or the updated market. will they take a return and allow for the lepan 2 if I pay the difference?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
im amazed at the battery! i think it lasts 10hours surfing internet on wifi!

bad side is , youtube stutters alot (even at 15Mbps speed)?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7984 posts
402 upvotes
and netflix is busto now too... but it's still a great tablet for $100 imho. very stable and it's a fantastic PDF reader... I recommend Aldiko pro (constant zoom page turns) for PDFS.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
May 6, 2005
107 posts
7 upvotes
lead wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 10:43 am
well when ever I install mahong for the wife it freezes during the game after an hour. I guess it has to go back. Can't narrow it down to the app or the updated market. will they take a return and allow for the lepan 2 if I pay the difference?
Neither Le pan nor amazon.ca will upgrade for you. They both want you buy a new one. Actually Le pan 1's 512m ram can handle simple job only. Uninstall mahong and see if freezes are gone. If so, then your tablet is a good unit. This is the best unit when use it as ebook/email reader, surfing internet or youtube player (720p or below). Advantage of slow cpu/gpu is your unit will have extra long battery life.