Ongoing Deal Discussion

Locked: [Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Dec 23, 2002
375 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 10:38 pm
is there a way to get pictures from a Camera or (better yet) a SD card onto the tablet, without any other hardware?

I wish these tablets had SD slots instead of microSD slots... wonder why they went with micro?

Most microSD cards come with a SD adapter. Just use the adapter when you use it with your camera.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3215 posts
2527 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
kc33 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:16 pm
Most microSD cards come with a SD adapter. Just use the adapter when you use it with your camera.

other way around...

I have many SD cards that are used in my cameras.
I'd like to view the contents of those SD cards on the tablet.

I don't want to trash all the SD cards and buy brand new microSD cards
Dec 23, 2002
375 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:22 pm
other way around...

If you don't mind the cost, AirStash is one solution.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3215 posts
2527 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
kc33 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2011 12:03 am
If you don't mind the cost, AirStash is one solution.

cool device... can't find a price anywhere.... so therefore is must be MEGA $$ !

found a price of $125 http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant ... =DSX_29007

yeah... ummmm... next idea... anyone?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1846 posts
476 upvotes
Maple
Qyick post as im on my phone

Recieved yesterday and its awesome. Above expectations, solid build nice screen zero connection issues to wpa 2 or whatever its called
Nov 15, 2004
243 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:22 pm
other way around...

get dropbox for your PC and tablet and then sync the two devices.
Jan 23, 2005
80 posts
14 upvotes
GVRD
Just received my 2 tablets from amazon yesterday, and wanted to give a quick review for those still on the fence-don't wait too long!

Couldn't be happier so far with it's performance. Haven't had issues with wireless, and that is @ work (don't know the protocol) and home - WPA personal. No dropouts or freezing of the tab, although I must say the inital time I tried to connect to wifi it wouldn't get an IP address. Thought "when in doubt reboot" and worked fine. Screen quality is amazing-crystal clear and text is sharp even when zoomed. I'm new to android, but my wife's phone has vers. 2.3 and to be honest, I can't really see the difference. Maybe the Android guru's who have this can help point out the differences, but I'm not concerned about the OS version. Battery life has been great so far, been on for about 5 hours and still shows 71% battery life (with wifi on all the time). Haven't run across any freezes so far.

I will get a screen protector for sure, as the fingerprints are numerous. I am surprized at the build quality-very solid and even a touch on the heavy side but you get used to it. Downloaded Dolphin HD browser as per other forum suggestion, and seems to work well. It's nice that the tab has a built in "file manager" so you can load your .apk's off your SD card. No stuttering with You Tube playback. You will have to d/l an external player for xvid movies. I found "Mobo player" to work well.

Will update in a few days if I find any problems, but I think these are keepers for sure!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3215 posts
2527 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
AmirPars wrote:
Nov 26th, 2011 11:22 am
get dropbox for your PC and tablet and then sync the two devices.

I appreciate the ideas, but I am trying to find a solution for when I travel and want to view the pictures I've taken (on the tablet) without having to drag a laptop along

seems the solutions are either the airstash or buy new microSD cards

thanks all
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3215 posts
2527 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
and in other unrelated news... lgzrfd has excellent drugs
Nov 24, 2002
975 posts
45 upvotes
damn you asoror... that's the 2nd item i bought which you suggested! :P
Nov 15, 2004
243 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
sz1999 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2011 5:08 pm
after 4.5 days and 189 posts, you repeated OP's info, is it necessary?

actually I think it's worse than that, he made a new post in the forum and it got merged with this one. So he basically missed a thread that's been on the first page for the past few days :)
Jul 22, 2009
270 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Looking forward to this one...although I picked free shipping and it is saying Dec 6th expected arrival date...Alliston is the destination. (1 hr north of Toronto).

Thanks to everyone for the feedback also and the tips, I have a gingerbread nexus S. So I hope I dont feel to far back with 2.2.