Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Nov 24, 2002
975 posts
45 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2011 10:23 am
well i do have wifi on all the time when i use the tablet, when charging it never says 100%? it always reads 99% as the max i think, also the battery discharges even when its not ON right? i noticed the bar was down a bit after i had turn it off and powered it on the next day, it didn't hold the charge good? or maybe i got some sort of lemon :cry:

Mine also says 99%... never 100%... I was curious about this too... but i figured it was only a calibration error or something... anyone else experience this as well?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7155 posts
1244 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Sockbot wrote:
Dec 17th, 2011 7:45 pm
Looks like the secret's out ... amazon is selling for $248.50 now.
That is not amazon selling them
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1802 posts
753 upvotes
Ontario
I ordered from Amazon.ca ten days ago with estimated shipping of Dec 21-23, but I couldn't take a chance given it is a X'mas present, so I ended up ordering from Tiger's Direct for $199.99. I didn't like paying extra $7 for shipping, oh well...
May 3, 2007
459 posts
26 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Dec 17th, 2011 3:36 am
I wouldn't be of much help, mainly because I don't have a unit :)
But from my understanding the only difference is the mirrored camera fix. So if your camera is not mirrored and your firmware shows 4431 then you have v2.

I received my Le Pan pad on the 15th. But couldn't get Wifi to work with WPA and there was mention of it only working with WEP(hackable).

I too have Firmware 4431. I finally decided to get the 4431 from their website (Lepanpad.xxx). Because on XDA-developers they said the most recent one is 4431v2. I decided to try it one last time and if it did not work I was going to send it back. Well It worked. Le Pan pad is now able to recognize the higher Encryption (WPA). :D

So for those having problems with Wifi and WPA try upgrading.

IMHO. It would be highly unlikely for Le Pan to upgrade their software to the latest version (v.2 December 01) and for me to get it by December 15th.
Nov 19, 2008
19 posts
Toronto
just would like to say some first exp of the le pan i just ordered recently, shipped in abt a week, n got it before xmas so i am happy. so was super excited about it!

however after opening it and have play with it for half an hour, i knew this tab is not for me because it can do too little things properly lol. like the browser crashes, not to say any app found out the android market. if they are not compatible, not only it couldnt open, the tablet freezes on you, and it can only get alive using a ping to click the reset button. talking abt reset, i figure it needs to be done way too often, nearly like any app i go to, or if u press something too fast, or trying to change something in settibg, while browsing, while typing... omg.. it freezes way too often... and that require to ping the reset button!! seriously wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problems, and if heres any solution? i ll try to look around for few more days, before i am so disappointed to even give it as a gift for a 7 years old.

ah well, the only good thing i found so far on it is, viewing/storing pitures like a picture frame; of course there are few games that run well on this tablet with android v2, like angry bird, glowing hockey, cut the rope. litening to music is good too. i'd say its easier to sync files (pictures and songs) in compare to ipad. but thats all the good i found so far.
May 3, 2007
459 posts
26 upvotes
strawberry4u wrote:
Dec 18th, 2011 12:54 am
just would like to say some first exp of the le pan i just ordered recently, shipped in abt a week, n got it before xmas so i am happy. so was super excited about it!

however after opening it and have play with it for half an hour, i knew this tab is not for me because it can do too little things properly lol. like the browser crashes, not to say any app found out the android market. if they are not compatible, not only it couldnt open, the tablet freezes on you, and it can only get alive using a ping to click the reset button. talking abt reset, i figure it needs to be done way too often, nearly like any app i go to, or if u press something too fast, or trying to change something in settibg, while browsing, while typing... omg.. it freezes way too often... and that require to ping the reset button!! seriously wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problems, and if heres any solution? i ll try to look around for few more days, before i am so disappointed to even give it as a gift for a 7 years old.

ah well, the only good thing i found so far on it is, viewing/storing pitures like a picture frame; of course there are few games that run well on this tablet with android v2, like angry bird, glowing hockey, cut the rope. litening to music is good too. i'd say its easier to sync files (pictures and songs) in compare to ipad. but thats all the good i found so far.

I Have not experienced any freezing. Have you upgraded to the new version. Have you contacted CS. No
Browser issue.
Apr 6, 2003
717 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
strawberry4u wrote:
Dec 18th, 2011 12:54 am
like the browser crashes

Try Opera or Dolphin HD for faster and better browsing.

It does sounds like you need the firmware update too.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3039 posts
361 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
STRAWBERRY4U,

I bet It's the micro SD card. Sounds like you have half used up. It's only 2 gb and Ive had the same problem with my phones when I hit 1 gb remaining.

Anyone here even using the 2gb SD card.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
on my battery status: it never says 100% , max is 99% ?
android system uses 86, display 8, and wifi 4
is that normal like everyone?

i've had to hit the reset button about 4times, once while i was transfer file from computer to micro sd card and the screen turned WHITE lol, thought i had bricked it because i deleted files using root explorer

no wifi issues at all(WPA personal), im using stock 4431 firmware
i think the touchscreen does lag a bit if your using themes, im using go launcher ex with iphone theme

after around 1.5hours of 'usage' wifi always on, my battery is now at 90% from 99%, is that good?

looks like they won't be selling it at 169.99 anymore! prices getting jacked up to 250 now! RFD effect i bet
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
May 12, 2003
665 posts
25 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote:
Dec 18th, 2011 5:13 am
I bet It's the micro SD card. Sounds like you have half used up. It's only 2 gb and Ive had the same problem with my phones when I hit 1 gb remaining.

Anyone here even using the 2gb SD card.

I have the stock SD card in there still but havent put much on it yet and havent experienced any issues with it. We're in no rush so waiting for boxing week to pick one up
Dec 23, 2002
375 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
mikka1989 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2011 5:15 am
i think the touchscreen does lag a bit if your using themes, im using go launcher ex with iphone theme

It's Go Launcher Ex that is lagging. Have you tried a different launcher?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3039 posts
361 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Go launch works fine for ne on newest firmware and 16 GB card. I'm not using iPhone theme though.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
i cannot get navigon GPS :cry: to run on this thing! anyone?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1336 posts
155 upvotes
android sucks, nowhere i can see all installed apps updates in one place, am i missing something? device setting is mixed with installed apps, i really doubt googles intelligence, anyway google is going backward, arrogant, nd heavy handed based on its recent product release.
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
sz1999 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2011 11:25 am
android sucks, nowhere i can see all installed apps updates in one place, am i missing something? device setting is mixed with installed apps, i really doubt googles intelligence, anyway google is going backward, arrogant, nd heavy handed based on its recent product release.

[IMG]http://www.darvill.clara.net/graphics/UserError.gif[/IMG]