Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Feb 4, 2008
9 posts
Toronto
Oscar11 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 12:58 am
Mine is randomly freezing as well.. this is already my second unit - the touch screen was screwed up the first time around.

I think its time to move on - I'll be returning this, and possibly getting a lenovo ideapad tablet for $329 or a refurb ipad2 for $429.... not worth the headaches that come with this tablet.... I think i'd rather spend an xtra $100 for something that just works.
Got my replacement yesterday, works like a charm, no freezing or what-so-ever.
This one is definitely a keeper!
The defective one is going back to amazon.
Sorry to hear that some of you still have the defective replacement unit...
But for $190 all tax in, you just can't beat the price with all the things that this thing can do!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
what are the first 5 things I should do after opening my tablet??? i have read most of the posts and it talks about "rooting", etc

its for my kids want to make sure i know what i am doing.....i have wap on my wireless router

do i buy my apps from itunes???
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7151 posts
1242 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bell02fantasy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 2:59 pm
what are the first 5 things I should do after opening my tablet??? i have read most of the posts and it talks about "rooting", etc

its for my kids want to make sure i know what i am doing.....i have wap on my wireless router

do i buy my apps from itunes???

1. Charge the battery
2. If you have a bigger SD card then the 2GB one the LePan ships with then plug that in.
3. You should update your firmware to be sure you are on the latest and greatest, details in the first post.
4. Setup your clock and screen time out settings, wallpapers, widgets, etc.
5. Setup your Android Marketplace account (your gmail login and password)

No you do not download your apps from Itunes that is Apple's marketplace for the Iphone, Ipdad, Ipod etc. You are going to get your apps from the Android Marketplace.
I would also make sure you do not save your credit card info in the Android Marketplace or your kids can buy anything they want from there and the Marketplace will just charge your credit card. Maybe just add a prepaid credit card to your account or something like that.

I am not sure if these are the very best 5 things you can do with your tablet when you get it but those were the first 5 things I did with my LePan when I got it yesterday. Also those were the only things I could do with the LePan before my wife grabbed it from my hands. :)

Enjoy the tablet !
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2556 posts
311 upvotes
Does anyone have any problems with the MIC on this device?
Mine doesnt seem to record with a clear sound.
Soundhound/shazam are useless because the recorded sound is so bad... I wonder if I should return the unit///./
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2457 posts
19 upvotes
Is terribly mad that I hesitated on this and that the price is $50 more.
Nov 7, 2006
27 posts
Langley
My Le Pan is a Christmas gift, the battery shows about 1/4 charge, can I just go ahead and charge it so it's ready to go on Christmas Day, or is there anything I should know about to correctly charge it.
Sorry this may seem like a silly question but I am not too tech savy.
Thanks
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
LL88 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 5:29 pm
My Le Pan is a Christmas gift, the battery shows about 1/4 charge, can I just go ahead and charge it so it's ready to go on Christmas Day, or is there anything I should know about to correctly charge it.
Sorry this may seem like a silly question but I am not too tech savy.
Thanks

Lithium Ion/Polymer batteries don't need to be fully charged. You can go ahead and use it or charge it if you want, doesn't matter. Just some other tips, intentionally fully draining a lithium ion (until the power shuts off) is not good for it like it is with nicads and NIMH batteries. Also, if you are going to go without using it for a while it's best to have it at around 40% charged. (which is why you receive most new devices at that level)

The more you know :)
Nov 7, 2006
27 posts
Langley
FerrisB wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 6:13 pm
Lithium Ion/Polymer batteries don't need to be fully charged. You can go ahead and use it or charge it if you want, doesn't matter. Just some other tips, intentionally fully draining a lithium ion (until the power shuts off) is not good for it like it is with nicads and NIMH batteries. Also, if you are going to go without using it for a while it's best to have it at around 40% charged. (which is why you receive most new devices at that level)

Awesome Thank you very much :)
Happy Holidays!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3014 posts
349 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
FerrisB wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 6:13 pm

No, no,

It's " knowing is half the battle , GI Joe."
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
hyperactiveme wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 7:01 pm
No, no,

It's " knowing is half the battle , GI Joe."
Pork Chop Sandwiches!
Nov 19, 2008
19 posts
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 4:06 pm
Does anyone have any problems with the MIC on this device?
Mine doesnt seem to record with a clear sound.
Soundhound/shazam are useless because the recorded sound is so bad... I wonder if I should return the unit///./
The same problem with mine.. it doesn't seem to record any voice at all, lolz. like not able to say anything to "talking tom" game, hehe.
But I've already replaced mine once, cus the previous one die often :( just got the new one today, seems okay so far, except the mic problem. Also same problem like ppl said, the finger touch is pretty bad, like it clicks the wrong links on a browser, and types multiple character all the time.. :(
Jan 11, 2009
28 posts
1 upvote
[QUOTE]Does anyone have any problems with the MIC on this device?[/QUOTE]

I had an issue with the mic. due to the installation of the Talking Tomcat. I reflashed the rom, the mic is o.k. then. But somebody said that after reset they could use Tomcat. I suggest you do a reset first, see the mic. is o.k. or not.
Nov 19, 2008
19 posts
Toronto
gothomasc wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 8:58 pm
I had an issue with the mic. due to the installation of the Talking Tomcat. I reflashed the rom, the mic is o.k. then. But somebody said that after reset they could use Tomcat. I suggest you do a reset first, see the mic. is o.k. or not.

Reset doesn't fix the mic problem on mine..
Nov 19, 2008
19 posts
Toronto
The le pan tab seems to "die" or "freeze" or "get stuck" soooo often.. in nearly doing anything.. like listening to music, browsing the internet, playing games, and looking at pictures.. And the only fix is to ping the Reset button at the back. However, looks like that fix finally make the tab died for real. That's how we had to send the first one back. if this keeps happening.. I think I'll have to send it back and get a refund this time.. just not able to get a good working one!!