Ongoing Deal Discussion

Locked: [Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Sep 23, 2009
368 posts
40 upvotes
tercero wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 11:46 am
I just got my Le Pan and love it. What a great tablet. Can anyone recommend a case/cover for this?

Thanks.

J.

Answer is in the forum. Read all threads, you will find lots of tips.
Feb 6, 2008
727 posts
138 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikka1989 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 11:15 am
anyone else 'brick' the le pan? :D , i think mine is pretty much DOA

stuck on infinite loop @ le pan logo screen shining

im now playing with the playbook, hopefully i don't brick that too :lol:
How does the Playbook feel in comparison? Thinking about returning this and getting a 16gb Playbook. I love aspects of the lepan, but the finicky touchscreen is becoming a dealbreaker. It sometimes thinks i want to zoom when trying to scroll, and soketimes ignores when i press on letters on the keyboard. I also wonder if i would prefer the 7" form factor...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1232 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
mikka1989 wrote:
Plug it into the charger. Grab a paperclip, press the reset button for a good 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, press the reset button with the paper clip at the same time as holding the VOL-DOWN button.

Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7201 posts
1277 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bwr827 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 12:37 pm
How does the Playbook feel in comparison? Thinking about returning this and getting a 16gb Playbook. I love aspects of the lepan, but the finicky touchscreen is becoming a dealbreaker. It sometimes thinks i want to zoom when trying to scroll, and soketimes ignores when i press on letters on the keyboard. I also wonder if i would prefer the 7" form factor...
The Playbook feels much more responsive and smoother to operate, the screen seems a lot sharper on the Playbook also because it is smaller.
Obviously the Playbook has a dualcore CPU vs a single core in the LePan. The playbook also capable of multitasking, running excel and other Office programs which can not be done with the LePan. The biggest drawback of the Playbook atm imo is the marketplace. Ones the Playbook can get on the Android Marketplace it will be an awesome device but for now I personally prefer the bigger screen and the Android Marketplace over the Blackberry market.
Just my personal opinion
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
iluvagooddeal wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 10:39 am
You can always unroot.
That's assuming you can get it back to life, which would make RMA pointless.
Jan 19, 2002
81 posts
bwr827 wrote:

Seems like you're also experiencing what I described at the bottom of page 77. I suspect the issue is pretty widespread as I'm on my second unit with the same issue. Read my description and let us know please.
Jan 1, 2011
633 posts
168 upvotes
Etobicoke
mikka1989 wrote:
anyone else 'brick' the le pan? :D , i think mine is pretty much DOA

im now playing with the playbook, hopefully i don't brick that too :lol:
Wouldn't reinstalling the current firmware un-brick it? Just wondering...

Firmware: http://lepan.supportsync.com/articles/v ... omputer_11
Feb 6, 2008
727 posts
138 upvotes
Winnipeg
DreamWeb wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 1:31 pm
Seems like you're also experiencing what I described at the bottom of page 77. I suspect the issue is pretty widespread as I'm on my second unit with the same issue. Read my description and let us know please.

You're right, same issue. It's fine after a reboot, but pops up a few times per day. Especially frustrating when it interprets scrolling as clicking. I have decided to return this and spend the extra $40 to get a Playbook. Smooth, consistent operation is a must for me.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Derfel wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 1:19 pm
Plug it into the charger. Grab a paperclip, press the reset button for a good 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, press the reset button with the paper clip at the same time as holding the VOL-DOWN button.

Good luck.

gonna try this now !

i did see the battery charging icon when i plugged into charger wall(maybe the battery was fully dead after while)? i thought that was a good sign, most of the time i keep getting the le pan logo shining part going

no luck , still bricked? any methods involving USB cable to computer to see if it recognizes it?

edit: i will try to charge it 8hrs... then try to bootup again
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Jan 19, 2002
81 posts
bwr827 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 1:54 pm
You're right, same issue. It's fine after a reboot, but pops up a few times per day. Especially frustrating when it interprets scrolling as clicking. I have decided to return this and spend the extra $40 to get a Playbook. Smooth, consistent operation is a must for me.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm still debating whether I'm going to return for a refund. I'd prefer to exchange it fora working unit, but I'm suspicious that the issue may actually be affecting all units. :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
201 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 1:24 pm
The Playbook feels much more responsive and smoother to operate, the screen seems a lot sharper on the Playbook also because it is smaller.
Obviously the Playbook has a dualcore CPU vs a single core in the LePan. The playbook also capable of multitasking, running excel and other Office programs which can not be done with the LePan. The biggest drawback of the Playbook atm imo is the marketplace. Ones the Playbook can get on the Android Marketplace it will be an awesome device but for now I personally prefer the bigger screen and the Android Marketplace over the Blackberry market.
Just my personal opinion
IMHO this is where the Le Pan really excels over the PB in web browsing (not that it is any faster/smoother - but the extra real estate IMHO does make a big difference).

I went with the PB as for me it is far easier to lug around (that and I had a gift card that I could use).
May 18, 2010
72 posts
11 upvotes
Port Elgin, Ontario
After a week of solid use I must say I am very impressed with this tablet. My 14 year old got it, but it has been used by the 7 year old and myself, regularly. Games, ebooks, movies, comic books, all work great and the screen is fantastic. I have ordered a case, screen cover and stylus set to protect and clean up the unit, but otherwise could not be happier with this purchase.
If it approaches $160 as the new one arrives, I will definitely be picking up another one.
Updated firmware but have not rooted as my son is not interested in it yet. Very intuitive and easy to use.
Great tablet if people are still on the fence.
For the Playbook vs Lepan debate I have not used a PB much but the bigger screen is a major plus.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
bwr827 wrote:

playbook has NO apps and tiny screen but its a great screen for HD movies and portability

lack of the apps is the dealbreaker if paying full price, i got mine for less than $60 via staples error

if you're using it at home, hands down the le pan beats it, but if u want to use it on the bus or at school, wait for the PB to get android market in february i read

or you try to root it but its a tricky process
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 27, 2008
16 posts
7 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 12:35 pm
Answer is in the forum. Read all threads, you will find lots of tips.

Answer is in the forum?

Are you trolling or bored? There's 79 pages to cruise through on this topic. I got my answer quickly, and politely. Move on, your answer isn't helpful.
Nov 12, 2005
223 posts
36 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote:
Jan 1st, 2012 12:35 pm
answer is in the forum. Read all threads, you will find lots of tips.

HAY guys the answer is in the INTERNETTTTTT!111!! REMEMBER to click THANKS if you liked my POSTSSS!!!!!