Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Locked: amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
Dec 17, 2009
123 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
DreamWeb wrote: I've yet to read a full review of the LePan II. Does one exist? Preferably a review that includes a thorough comparison to the LePan I. Thanks!

Amazon.com does have a few reviews, including from people that had the LePan I...
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
I wonder if this will warrant a return. My le pan has been freezing up randomly and I hear its somewhat common. This only happens when I'm running multiple apps and the keep pan becomes somewhat overburdened IMO. I'm on the latest firmware.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5026 posts
1788 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Anyone else leaking light by the soft touch panel? I created a return but says I can't exchange at this time only refund. Weird.

Not sure if i want to send it in now.
Aug 30, 2007
199 posts
40 upvotes
I ordered the Lepan for a family member and tried it out for a few days ...and I returned it. It was 'choppy' and browser sometimes just closed on me. I have an Ipad myself, the experience is just so much better. I guess I spoiled myself from starting off with an Ipad initially. It is the benchmark for tablets anyhow. I just see the Lepan being swept under the couch in a few months time....just my 2 cents
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
IAMTHEKING wrote: I ordered the Lepan for a family member and tried it out for a few days ...and I returned it. It was 'choppy' and browser sometimes just closed on me. I have an Ipad myself, the experience is just so much better. I guess I spoiled myself from starting off with an Ipad initially. It is the benchmark for tablets anyhow. I just see the Lepan being swept under the couch in a few months time....just my 2 cents

Yeah it is a pretty fair comparison between a $500~$600 tablet and $170 :facepalm:
Steam: SpectralMeat
Jun 19, 2007
58 posts
3 upvotes
IAMTHEKING wrote: I have an Ipad myself, the experience is just so much better. I guess I spoiled myself from starting off with an Ipad initially. It is the benchmark for tablets anyhow. I just see the Lepan being swept under the couch in a few months time....just my 2 cents
I somewhat agree with you. I had iPAD, iphone and and android phone. So I knew what I'm buying.

I think iOS and android have different approaches for usability and friendliness. I would recommend iphone and ipad for my non-tech friends. You could not go wrong, except the price. As for me, I find android has more potential to play with it. Many of things I want on this tablet is not working very well and I should read and try different things and sometimes I should wait for someone to come up with a solution. I enjoy this, but not for everyone.

*** My 2 cents : Personally, and many people disagree with me, I believe Windows would kill android eventually. The main reason is that it would satisfy both the average Joe and guys like me. Microsoft failed on mobile version before, but they never give up till the final kill.
Jan 21, 2010
565 posts
754 upvotes
Brantford
jaszy wrote: I wonder if this will warrant a return. My le pan has been freezing up randomly and I hear its somewhat common. This only happens when I'm running multiple apps and the keep pan becomes somewhat overburdened IMO. I'm on the latest firmware.

I had this problem with mine so I sent it back to amazon and the replacement has been problem free since it arrived last week.
Aug 30, 2007
199 posts
40 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote: Yeah it is a pretty fair comparison between a $500~$600 tablet and $170 :facepalm:

Well...i did get my IPAD 1 refurbished for $369.00 from apple store ..Even now so, if I had to start all over, I would get the ipad 1 for $369 refurbished instead of the $179 Lepan...

But i guess its basically like driving a smooth engine 4-door highend car, then hopping into a 4-door cheaper variant brand. I won't name any cheaper car brands cause it'll just start a whole new topic itself.

If your a light user and getting your first tablet, go with the Lepan.
May 12, 2003
692 posts
55 upvotes
IAMTHEKING wrote: I ordered the Lepan for a family member and tried it out for a few days ...and I returned it. It was 'choppy' and browser sometimes just closed on me. I have an Ipad myself, the experience is just so much better. I guess I spoiled myself from starting off with an Ipad initially. It is the benchmark for tablets anyhow. I just see the Lepan being swept under the couch in a few months time....just my 2 cents

I think this is a total fallacy that people keep talking about. I bought one for my wife for Christmas. I spent the time to load it with all the apps I thought she would like/use. Configured everything, set the main page links and such...and she absolutely loves it...and she is a techno-newb. She's used the iPad before, and feels like it's comparable. She's not a power user, she doesn't need to run major apps or multitask. Just browser, mail and to-do type tasks. Never seems slow to her, she has no issues using it. I think if you help with the setup, then it's as good as anything.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jaszy wrote: I wonder if this will warrant a return. My le pan has been freezing up randomly and I hear its somewhat common. This only happens when I'm running multiple apps and the keep pan becomes somewhat overburdened IMO. I'm on the latest firmware.
If it does so under load, then just use any task manager from market to kill the apps you are done using.
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ller&hl=en
hyperactiveme wrote: Anyone else leaking light by the soft touch panel? I created a return but says I can't exchange at this time only refund. Weird.

I would call once more, the extended holiday return policy was for both returns and exchanges.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
for the price of the ipad 1, you can get the playbook AND the le pan, but yes i agree, if you're not a 'tech' type and the 'rich' type, stick with the ipad :-0
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5026 posts
1788 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Looks like the lepan II loses the soft touch buttons. Can anyone confirm.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I was considering the LePan ..but after reading reviews on amazon...one in particular was interesting (2star review by B. Brinton on the .com site) "As I started to use it I realized that Android 2.2 (aka froyo) is really mainly designed for cell-phones rather than tablets. It doesn't use the screen space very well, doesn't support split pane gmail, and is incompatible with a number of apps you'd would hope to be able to use on your tablet" I will be waiting/hoping the LePan II will remain a good price when available..I can't quite take the leap yet!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hyperactiveme wrote: Looks like the lepan II loses the soft touch buttons. Can anyone confirm.

honeycomb use software buttons, no need for hardware ones.
Jan 6, 2007
24 posts
4 upvotes
Is it pissible to convert kindle book that I bought from amazon to pdf, so that I can read in ezPDFreader??
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
harujk wrote: Is it pissible to convert kindle book that I bought from amazon to pdf, so that I can read in ezPDFreader??
Amazon purchases are locked with DRM. It is possible to remove the lock and convert using Calibre ..but it's a lot of work ..easier just to look for a non amazon version of the same book.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2002 posts
1465 upvotes
harujk wrote: Is it pissible to convert kindle book that I bought from amazon to pdf, so that I can read in ezPDFreader??

Is it to be read on Le Pan? Then the easiest solution would be to install the Kindle reading app from the android market.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
jfd3220 wrote: I had this problem with mine so I sent it back to amazon and the replacement has been problem free since it arrived last week.
aasoror wrote: If it does so under load, then just use any task manager from market to kill the apps you are done using.
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ller&hl=en
Thanks for the responses. I'm already running ATK. Maybe i'll try the 'autokill' function. :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5026 posts
1788 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
wlee wrote: honeycomb use software buttons, no need for hardware ones.

I love my soft buttons.
Jan 23, 2009
53 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know how long the return policy for Amazon is? I saw 30 days on this forum. How does it work? They send a box or I have to mail it to them at cost?

I'm thinking of getting Le Pan II. I have relative in NY, NY thinking of shipping to them from amazon.com and having them ship to me. Is that going to be problem through customs? Anyone else do that before, and have estimate of cost?