Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Please delete

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2018 1:37 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1924 posts
2405 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neptune wrote: I'm pretty sure almost every electric car has that functionality built-in. So you can leave the EVSE plugged into the car and use the car's app to schedule charging periods.
It is not even the majority of EV's that properly support delayed/scheduled charging. Many don't, many do. It varies.
Mar 15, 2010
830 posts
211 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
SilvianC206347 wrote: I'm considering Juice Box Pro 40 as well. It's $939 on autochargers.ca but currently out of stock.
http://www.autochargers.ca/products/jui ... 0-eve.html
I was told by them that will be higher in price when its available. I think around 1099 for Juice Box Pro.

My ChargePoint is up and running in my garage. so far so good.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
seadooxp30 wrote: I was told by them that will be higher in price when its available. I think around 1099 for Juice Box Pro.

My ChargePoint is up and running in my garage. so far so good.
Yes, I paid them a visit this morning - JuiceBox Pro 40 will be available later this week for $1,099.
They have a nice showroom with all the chargers from their website, so I was able to take a look and compare. In terms of design, ChargePoint definitely stands out, it looks and feels premium compared to everything everything else, which are just utilitarian. They also told me ChargePoint is currently the largest EVSE manufacturer right now with a lot of experience and great support. The 10% discount runs until July 9th and there will be no other discounts until Holidays.
Even though my car won't be delivered until mid-August, I think I'll just go back and pick up the ChargePoint (plug-in version) before the discount runs out.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
SilvianC206347 wrote: Even though my car won't be delivered until mid-August, I think I'll just go back and pick up the ChargePoint (plug-in version) before the discount runs out.
Careful with that strategy... you won't get the government rebate if your car isn't registered yet.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
neptune wrote: Careful with that strategy... you won't get the government rebate if your car isn't registered yet.
Can't I just buy the charger now and submit the forms when I have the car?

Edit: From the EV Charging incentive application guide:
Electric vehicle charging station incentive applications must be received within three (3) months of the ESA certificate date of the charging station installation. If only applying for the purchase cost please submit your application within 3 months of the charger purchase date.

I think it'll be fine, I can do the install and ESA certification right before I get the car, that would give me 3 months to submit the forms.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
SilvianC206347 wrote: Yes, I paid them a visit this morning - JuiceBox Pro 40 will be available later this week for $1,099.
They have a nice showroom with all the chargers from their website, so I was able to take a look and compare. In terms of design, ChargePoint definitely stands out, it looks and feels premium compared to everything everything else, which are just utilitarian. They also told me ChargePoint is currently the largest EVSE manufacturer right now with a lot of experience and great support. The 10% discount runs until July 9th and there will be no other discounts until Holidays.
Even though my car won't be delivered until mid-August, I think I'll just go back and pick up the ChargePoint (plug-in version) before the discount runs out.
How are you getting a discount? Will we be able to get a discount online when it's in stock before July 9th?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
SilvianC206347 wrote: Can't I just buy the charger now and submit the forms when I have the car?

Edit: From the EV Charging incentive application guide:
Electric vehicle charging station incentive applications must be received within three (3) months of the ESA certificate date of the charging station installation. If only applying for the purchase cost please submit your application within 3 months of the charger purchase date.

I think it'll be fine, I can do the install and ESA certification right before I get the car, that would give me 3 months to submit the forms.
In order to get the charging rebate your VIN must already be registered for the main EV rebate.
Can't get cart before the horse ;)
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
aqnd wrote: In order to get the charging rebate your VIN must already be registered for the main EV rebate.
Can't get cart before the horse ;)
For sure, what I'm saying is I can buy the charger now so I can take advantage of the sale, install it right before my car is delivered, then once I have the car, I'll submit the form for the charger rebate. I have 3 months to submit from the installation date.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
sneaky wrote: How are you getting a discount? Will we be able to get a discount online when it's in stock before July 9th?
Chargepoint is in stock right now and on sale until July 9th -10% off. Don't need to do anything, the discount is posted on the website.
Aug 18, 2009
44 posts
12 upvotes
I am thinking about install the charger myself. Does anybody know do I need to install a disconnect switch close to the charger? I am in Ontario.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
SilvianC206347 wrote: For sure, what I'm saying is I can buy the charger now so I can take advantage of the sale, install it right before my car is delivered, then once I have the car, I'll submit the form for the charger rebate. I have 3 months to submit from the installation date.
Fair enough
qyong wrote: I am thinking about install the charger myself. Does anybody know do I need to install a disconnect switch close to the charger? I am in Ontario.
You don't, unless that's a new code revision in the 3 years since I installed. (Haven't heard of it)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
SilvianC206347 wrote: Chargepoint is in stock right now and on sale until July 9th -10% off. Don't need to do anything, the discount is posted on the website.
I'm in the same boat as a you. Waiting for the Focus but would like to have the charger installed and ready to use prior to delivery of the car.
The JuicePro would still work out be $650 after the $500 rebate. This would be future proof I think.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: I'm in the same boat as a you. Waiting for the Focus but would like to have the charger installed and ready to use prior to delivery of the car.
The JuicePro would still work out be $650 after the $500 rebate. This would be future proof I think.
I already bought the ChargePoint. Was looking into Juice box but after I've seen both in the showroom, I changed my mind. Plus, ChargePoint is an established company, they manufacture and install commercial chargers as well, while Juice box (emotorwerks) is more like a startup. You definitely can't go wrong with either, but if future proof is a criteria for you, I'd go Charge point.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
SilvianC206347 wrote: They don't have it in stock and once it's back it will be $1,099 - I visited them last week and talked to the staff.
back in stock at $1,079. Might pull the trigger.
I've searched and there does not appear to another seller in Canada at a better price. Is this the only place to get the Juicebox?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
guessguy wrote: back in stock at $1,079. Might pull the trigger.
I've searched and there does not appear to another seller in Canada at a better price. Is this the only place to get the Juicebox?
Yes, I believe so. I'm probably going with the Juicebox Pro as well. Need to get one in the next few weeks.
Jul 17, 2007
164 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Juice Box has 10% OFF TILL 15 AUGUST!
also Welcome To Canada Bundle Limited Time Offer:
Get in a Soft Carrying case:

What's the pro for Juice Box, vs the ChargePoint? ;)
can plug into regular household 110V outlet advantage?
Feb 27, 2017
110 posts
196 upvotes
Canadian company flo charger is a good deal. If you just got Nissan you can get 500 off the charger. I'm in BC so no rebate for charger from hyrdo company

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)