Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Leviton Electric Vehicle Charger 30A 7.2kW ($346.67 after ON rebate)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 11:58 pm
Jun 23, 2017
7 posts
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 3:40 pm
I was told by them that will be higher in price when its available. I think around 1099 for Juice Box Pro.

My ChargePoint is up and running in my garage. so far so good.
Yes, I paid them a visit this morning - JuiceBox Pro 40 will be available later this week for $1,099.
They have a nice showroom with all the chargers from their website, so I was able to take a look and compare. In terms of design, ChargePoint definitely stands out, it looks and feels premium compared to everything everything else, which are just utilitarian. They also told me ChargePoint is currently the largest EVSE manufacturer right now with a lot of experience and great support. The 10% discount runs until July 9th and there will be no other discounts until Holidays.
Even though my car won't be delivered until mid-August, I think I'll just go back and pick up the ChargePoint (plug-in version) before the discount runs out.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1016 posts
119 upvotes
Milton
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 12:08 pm
Even though my car won't be delivered until mid-August, I think I'll just go back and pick up the ChargePoint (plug-in version) before the discount runs out.
Careful with that strategy... you won't get the government rebate if your car isn't registered yet.
Jun 23, 2017
7 posts
neptune wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 2:14 pm
Careful with that strategy... you won't get the government rebate if your car isn't registered yet.
Can't I just buy the charger now and submit the forms when I have the car?

Edit: From the EV Charging incentive application guide:
Electric vehicle charging station incentive applications must be received within three (3) months of the ESA certificate date of the charging station installation. If only applying for the purchase cost please submit your application within 3 months of the charger purchase date.

I think it'll be fine, I can do the install and ESA certification right before I get the car, that would give me 3 months to submit the forms.
May 3, 2008
935 posts
293 upvotes
Perth
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 12:08 pm
Yes, I paid them a visit this morning - JuiceBox Pro 40 will be available later this week for $1,099.
They have a nice showroom with all the chargers from their website, so I was able to take a look and compare. In terms of design, ChargePoint definitely stands out, it looks and feels premium compared to everything everything else, which are just utilitarian. They also told me ChargePoint is currently the largest EVSE manufacturer right now with a lot of experience and great support. The 10% discount runs until July 9th and there will be no other discounts until Holidays.
How are you getting a discount? Will we be able to get a discount online when it's in stock before July 9th?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7607 posts
2520 upvotes
ON
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 3:55 pm
Can't I just buy the charger now and submit the forms when I have the car?

Edit: From the EV Charging incentive application guide:
Electric vehicle charging station incentive applications must be received within three (3) months of the ESA certificate date of the charging station installation. If only applying for the purchase cost please submit your application within 3 months of the charger purchase date.

I think it'll be fine, I can do the install and ESA certification right before I get the car, that would give me 3 months to submit the forms.
In order to get the charging rebate your VIN must already be registered for the main EV rebate.
Can't get cart before the horse ;)
Jun 23, 2017
7 posts
aqnd wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 5:55 pm
In order to get the charging rebate your VIN must already be registered for the main EV rebate.
Can't get cart before the horse ;)
For sure, what I'm saying is I can buy the charger now so I can take advantage of the sale, install it right before my car is delivered, then once I have the car, I'll submit the form for the charger rebate. I have 3 months to submit from the installation date.
Jun 23, 2017
7 posts
sneaky wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 4:28 pm
How are you getting a discount? Will we be able to get a discount online when it's in stock before July 9th?
Chargepoint is in stock right now and on sale until July 9th -10% off. Don't need to do anything, the discount is posted on the website.
Aug 18, 2009
39 posts
12 upvotes
I am thinking about install the charger myself. Does anybody know do I need to install a disconnect switch close to the charger? I am in Ontario.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7607 posts
2520 upvotes
ON
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 6:04 pm
For sure, what I'm saying is I can buy the charger now so I can take advantage of the sale, install it right before my car is delivered, then once I have the car, I'll submit the form for the charger rebate. I have 3 months to submit from the installation date.
Fair enough
qyong wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 6:51 pm
I am thinking about install the charger myself. Does anybody know do I need to install a disconnect switch close to the charger? I am in Ontario.
You don't, unless that's a new code revision in the 3 years since I installed. (Haven't heard of it)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1405 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 6:07 pm
Chargepoint is in stock right now and on sale until July 9th -10% off. Don't need to do anything, the discount is posted on the website.
I'm in the same boat as a you. Waiting for the Focus but would like to have the charger installed and ready to use prior to delivery of the car.
The JuicePro would still work out be $650 after the $500 rebate. This would be future proof I think.
Jun 23, 2017
7 posts
guessguy wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2017 12:30 pm
I'm in the same boat as a you. Waiting for the Focus but would like to have the charger installed and ready to use prior to delivery of the car.
The JuicePro would still work out be $650 after the $500 rebate. This would be future proof I think.
I already bought the ChargePoint. Was looking into Juice box but after I've seen both in the showroom, I changed my mind. Plus, ChargePoint is an established company, they manufacture and install commercial chargers as well, while Juice box (emotorwerks) is more like a startup. You definitely can't go wrong with either, but if future proof is a criteria for you, I'd go Charge point.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1405 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2017 3:54 pm
They don't have it in stock and once it's back it will be $1,099 - I visited them last week and talked to the staff.
back in stock at $1,079. Might pull the trigger.
I've searched and there does not appear to another seller in Canada at a better price. Is this the only place to get the Juicebox?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1016 posts
119 upvotes
Milton
guessguy wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 7:04 pm
back in stock at $1,079. Might pull the trigger.
I've searched and there does not appear to another seller in Canada at a better price. Is this the only place to get the Juicebox?
Yes, I believe so. I'm probably going with the Juicebox Pro as well. Need to get one in the next few weeks.