Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Leviton Electric Vehicle Charger 30A 7.2kW ($346.67 after ON rebate)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 11:58 pm
Feb 15, 2004
362 posts
39 upvotes
Newmarket
modelerIII wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:16 pm
any one have recommendation on electrician? halton or peel region.
PMed you. Too bad they don't serve Newmarket area.

Any recommendation for installer that serve GTA? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17439 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
What comes after L2? Is L2 the fastest possible charging option for residential use?
Apr 27, 2004
873 posts
88 upvotes
Milton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:42 am
What comes after L2? Is L2 the fastest possible charging option for residential use?
For residential use, most common and cost effective is L2.
L3 chargers are also known as DC Fast Chargers. Primarily commercial installations. Your EV has to support DCFC to make use of the quick charging capability (most new EVs do now).
Aug 27, 2004
233 posts
11 upvotes
Has anyone received their rebate from the Government? I'm still waiting for mine....
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17439 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
neptune wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:46 am
For residential use, most common and cost effective is L2.
L3 chargers are also known as DC Fast Chargers. Primarily commercial installations. Your EV has to support DCFC to make use of the quick charging capability (most new EVs do now).
Thanks for the quick response. Where can I learn more about electric charging options for BC? I heard that in BC there are commercial electric charging stations. I think Chargepoint is one of them if I'm not mistaken? Yet, I couldn't find the rates with a two second search. Is it cheap to charge at commercial installations rather than at home?
Apr 27, 2004
873 posts
88 upvotes
Milton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:49 am
Thanks for the quick response. Where can I learn more about electric charging options for BC? I heard that in BC there are commercial electric charging stations. I think Chargepoint is one of them if I'm not mistaken? Yet, I couldn't find the rates with a two second search. Is it cheap to charge at commercial installations rather than at home?
Chargepoint, Flo, etc have their own networks with their own rates. Dig around on their websites and you'll get the info.
Plugndrive.ca has some very general/basic info on EVs
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4008 posts
1851 upvotes
Kitchener
Mr Sparkle wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:48 am
Has anyone received their rebate from the Government? I'm still waiting for mine....
Took about 3 months for my $650 rebate in 2014. Also, the money in my case was just direct deposited, I don't remember seeing any mail or anything.
May 22, 2017
63 posts
30 upvotes
Should I buy the product now? Can I claim rebate on the product- only before I install it?

Given my situation - detached garage and dry walled very thing - I probably gonna wire the wire myself and let electrician to hook up final touch, the wiring work gonna be long.
Aug 30, 2005
204 posts
84 upvotes
Just confirming, that the charger rebate is attached to the fact when you buy your EV? I'm moving, so I can't take my existing charger with me, will be planning on buying a new one to put into the other house.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
24532 posts
5281 upvotes
GTHA
Shuja wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:57 am
Just confirming, that the charger rebate is attached to the fact when you buy your EV? I'm moving, so I can't take my existing charger with me, will be planning on buying a new one to put into the other house.
Only one charging station incentive may be issued per eligible vehicle.

from http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/ ... _guide.pdf

Eligibility for Incentives under the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program

The applicant is required to have received an incentive under Ontario’s Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (the “EVIP”), and be in compliance with all the terms and conditions of EVIP, to be eligible for this Program. Only one charging station incentive may be issued per eligible vehicle.

Each electric vehicle charging station must be associated with the purchase or lease of an eligible electric vehicle. An applicant is only eligible for as many electric vehicle charging incentives as the number of electric vehicle incentives the applicant received pursuant to the EVIP.
Mar 19, 2006
831 posts
207 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:39 am
Can I replace it with a longer cord in the future?
This one is not eligible for the Ontario rebate
Sep 30, 2011
609 posts
158 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Should I wait the EVSE unit to reduce price?
What is exactly the EVSE, the actual charger is onboard, and all EVSE need to do is to supply power with communication to onboard charger, there are already some youtube clip show how to DIY a EVSE L2 for 300 buck.
May be the price will drop soon
May 22, 2017
63 posts
30 upvotes
Price is back to 700ish, there is no review on Amazon.

Can this EVSE be able to do dual rate charging? i.e. allow me to charge L1 or L2 depends on my need
Apr 27, 2004
873 posts
88 upvotes
Milton
modelerIII wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 9:11 am
Price is back to 700ish, there is no review on Amazon.

Can this EVSE be able to do dual rate charging? i.e. allow me to charge L1 or L2 depends on my need
If your car comes with a regular 110V cable, you can use that to plug directly into a regular 110v outlet for L1 charging.