Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lexar Jumpdrive S75 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive (Black) | $19.99 (all-time low)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 9:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Lexar Jumpdrive S75 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive (Black) | $19.99 (all-time low)

Lexar Jumpdrive S75 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive (Black), LJDS75-128ABBKNA

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T71QBVD/

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
10 replies
Nov 30, 2019
110 posts
45 upvotes
Grabbed the 64GB from BestBuy for a similar price this week. Decent drive. Good Price.
Nov 28, 2013
122 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
According to some of the reviews on Amazon, it is not true USB 3.1 and only writes at less than the speed of a USB 2.0

"1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if U want USB 3.1 speed!

Actually uses USB 2.0 memory with a tiny cache of faster memory.

Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2019
Color Name: BlackSize : 128GBVerified Purchase

Just because manufacturers say USB 3.0/3.1 compatibility, does not mean the drive contains main memory that writes above slow USB 2.0 speeds.

The Lexar S75 writes very slowly at only 1/2 of USB 2.0 speeds (13.5Mb/s). SAD and not worth $20! Their estimate of 60Mb/s writing, only has any meaning if you are transferring one file at a time sized under 190Mb. For large file writes there is a small cache of 60Mb/s memory that fills quickly. Then the write stalls while that cache is written to the main (cheap) 13.5Mb/s memory. During a large file transfer the stalling happens about every 190Mb. It stalled three times when writing 750Mb. To put this in perspective, writing 25Gb will take 24 minutes and filling the drive would be more than 1.5 hours. Way too slow to make this a useable 128Gb storage drive. In the same price range are the much faster Samsung 'Bar Plus' and 'Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite' models."
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
597 upvotes
Great price, crappy product.

Would recommend a pass. I've owned this model and it benchmarks very, very slow in crystal disk bench.. only 1 - 2 MB/s for random writes.
If you pretty much fill up the stick in one go (large, sequential write) it will start out around 75 MB/s then drop to about 50 - 60 MB/s. But try writing some smaller files and it will grind to a halt almost and write far, far slower than most USB2 drives.

Obvious and drastic cost cutting in the cache and memory make me wonder about memory life as well.
Do yourself a favour and buy a brand that has real USB3 speeds.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213944 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I will never buy a Lexar product again, they don't last as long. Waiting for the Sandisk at Costco to go on sale again...

Ju Leon...
Oct 6, 2020
23 posts
12 upvotes
London
Staying far away from Lexar products. Their write speed isnt what is advertised (USB 3.0) which is fine but I bought a 32 GB for USB playback in my car and every 5 minutes it crashes and resets. Every 5-6 min without fail.

My other sandisk drive never did that. Too bad I lost it.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
every lexar drive ive bought including this one is no where near the speeds it should be for 3.1 lol. not even close. Also the reliability on them i find just okay.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Lexar is the worst flash drive brand I've bought. Died within a year.
<inappropriate signature>
Feb 27, 2003
948 posts
974 upvotes
Langley
Verdic wrote: Not hot.. issues with Lexar brand aside (which I agree with), price is just not that hot.

Kingston for $15
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/4 ... _g3_128_gb
<snip>
Is that about the best price for a decent brand right now?

I want to buy a bunch of them for transferring about 50 old Hi8 camcorder tapes from when the kids were young for my now adult kids.. maybe I'd be better off/safer with 4 WD portable HDDs? Or should I go portable SSD's for a more bullet-proof archive?

(i have a feeling I should go to a site where they transfer film and video all the time and see what the pros suggest, just to be safe;)
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)