Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] LG 65'' 4K OLED TV OLED65B7P - $3434 | OLED65B7A - $3437

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2013
25 posts
28 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] LG 65'' 4K OLED TV OLED65B7P - $3434 | OLED65B7A - $3437

Seems like a good deal and probably a sign of a big discount coming from the major retailers. The seller xyzshop.ca seems to have a good reputation. The B7A is sold and shipped by Amazon.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073K7ZFNF/
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 10th, 2017 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
35 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2011
1127 posts
96 upvotes
You can see the prices coming down on all 4k tvs now.
And another 2 weeks until Black Friday so expect price wars to come down from all retailers on these panels.
Just noticed this with the bigger brands known for quality such as Sony x900 55" 4k for $1599 and all retailers are bumping down there price by $10 just to get those penny pinchers in the door.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

But this is Oled so of course will be twice as much.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
pmartin2525 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:03 am
Seems like a good deal and probably a sign of a big discount coming from the major retailers. The seller xyzshop.ca seems to have a good reputation. The B7A is sold and shipped by Amazon.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073K7 ... _i=desktop
Any LG sold on Amazon will NOT come with Manufacturers warranty. XYZSHOP is NOT authorized to sell Sony, Samsung or LG. You'll be going through them for warranty.

The ONLY Big name TV Brand ALOUD of the 3 on Amazon is Sony. But again be careful with who is authorized and who isn't warranty can be a big hassle.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:25 am
You can see the prices coming down on all 4k tvs now.
And another 2 weeks until Black Friday so expect price wars to come down from all retailers on these panels.
Just noticed this with the bigger brands known for quality such as Sony x900 55" 4k for $1599 and all retailers are bumping down there price by $10 just to get those penny pinchers in the door.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

But this is Oled so of course will be twice as much.
All Authorized retailers of big name brands have their hands tied with MAP policy and MSRP in Canada.
It's like gas. Just because you have a shit ton doesnt meen you can go undercut everyone, because they would then follow suit and the prices would be demolished, so they put these "Minimum Advertised Price" on Electronics to stop it from going down to much.
Now If you go INSTORE or CALL you'll get a better than Advertised deal with most retailers since there is no way for the Manufacturers to track those.

If Costco is at 1599 online, every other retailer who is authorized will also be at that price. The ONLY way to get a better deal is go in or Call..

PS I've gotten good intel that Sony 55 900E is going to be around 1300 for Black Friday - You might be able to get that now as I bought a 65 X900E from Gibbys for 1999 + tax from calling into the store and haggling abit
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:38 am
Any LG sold on Amazon will NOT come with Manufacturers warranty. XYZSHOP is NOT authorized to sell Sony, Samsung or LG. You'll be going through them for warranty.

The ONLY Big name TV Brand ALOUD of the 3 on Amazon is Sony. But again be careful with who is authorized and who isn't warranty can be a big hassle.
Go sit in your corner!
http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/amazon.jsp

Yes if you buy from a 3rd party through amazon (for anything, not TV), your warranty might be flaky. Amazon store itself is different.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2011
1127 posts
96 upvotes
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:40 am
All Authorized retailers of big name brands have their hands tied with MAP policy and MSRP in Canada.
It's like gas. Just because you have a shit ton doesnt meen you can go undercut everyone, because they would then follow suit and the prices would be demolished, so they put these "Minimum Advertised Price" on Electronics to stop it from going down to much.
Now If you go INSTORE or CALL you'll get a better than Advertised deal with most retailers since there is no way for the Manufacturers to track those.

If Costco is at 1599 online, every other retailer who is authorized will also be at that price. The ONLY way to get a better deal is go in or Call..
Fair enough.

I did notice the price was knocked down all across the board for this specific tv i mentioned with one retailer didn't update their price yet and had it for over $700 more than the rest.

I guess they did not get the memo yet to change his price too.
But come black friday they will probably have some save 20% off the advertised price per location since they are in "free for all" mode cause all manufacteurs know the store managers are wanting to meet their year end quota so their store location does not get shut down by not meeting up to sales targets that all regional manager all look at when the axeing a store to cut costs come in effect.

They don't want a Sears situation happen so near to the holiday seasons I would beg to guess.Neutral Face
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2013
25 posts
28 upvotes
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:38 am
Any LG sold on Amazon will NOT come with Manufacturers warranty. XYZSHOP is NOT authorized to sell Sony, Samsung or LG. You'll be going through them for warranty.

The ONLY Big name TV Brand ALOUD of the 3 on Amazon is Sony. But again be careful with who is authorized and who isn't warranty can be a big hassle.

This TV is sold and shipped by Amazon, which comes with a 1 year warranty from LG. You are referring to third party sellers who are not an authorized LG seller.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
pmartin2525 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:49 am
This TV is sold and shipped by Amazon, which comes with a 1 year warranty from LG. You are referring to third party sellers who are not an authorized LG seller.
Amazon is not an authorized Seller. Read the Product description - XYZ SHOP on Newegg is also Not Authorized.

Any LG, Samsung found on Amazon will not come with warranty, same with Newegg.

Amazon.ca Product Description
U.S. version of LG OLED Product. May not be able to run all applications or features available in Canada. English version only. Does not include French versions of manuals, safety instructions or labeling. Amazon is not an authorized dealer of LG OLED Products in Canada. No manufacturer’s warranty in Canada.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:44 am
Go sit in your corner!
http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/amazon.jsp

Yes if you buy from a 3rd party through amazon (for anything, not TV), your warranty might be flaky. Amazon store itself is different.
Sorry Sir you are incorrect as someone else stated - Amazon.com

If you read the product description it becomes clear to the blind :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
theXshape wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:52 am

This is for amazon.COM, not .CA ...
Amazon Inc.
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:54 am
Amazon is not an authorized Seller. Read the Product description - XYZ SHOP on Newegg is also Not Authorized.

Any LG, Samsung found on Amazon will not come with warranty, same with Newegg.

Amazon.ca Product Description
U.S. version of LG OLED Product. May not be able to run all applications or features available in Canada. English version only. Does not include French versions of manuals, safety instructions or labeling. Amazon is not an authorized dealer of LG OLED Products in Canada. No manufacturer’s warranty in Canada.
For OLED, if they stated so. Also because this TV per se, is the US version, there's no CANADA warranty. However if you want warranty, I have no doubt if you bring across the border and get LG US to fix it, they will.

Your initial statement was
Any LG sold on Amazon will NOT come with Manufacturers warranty
This is not true.
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-25UM58-P-25-21 ... 765&sr=1-1
is an example. I bought this a couple years back when it was on sale for cheap, and got warranty.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:01 am
Sorry Sir you are incorrect as someone else stated - Amazon.com

If you read the product description it becomes clear to the blind :)
You are reading it wrong.
There's no warranty IN CANADA, because the TV is a US model. As many other things we all have seen over the years, some US stuff will not get Canada Warranty. Remember the Samsung 8000 series from last year's "employee sale"?

Definitely does not mean "NO MANUFACTURER's WARRANTY", period! It will get manufacturer's warranty, from LG US, just not from LG CANADA
Newbie
Nov 13, 2014
85 posts
40 upvotes
Westmount, QC
That's not even a TV...

I don't even see your point tbh. Who the hell is gonna buy a tv on a canadian website and then cross the border to get a warranty ? 1 in a 100 people ? Probably less.
Last edited by theXshape on Nov 10th, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:14 am
You are reading it wrong.
There's no warranty IN CANADA, because the TV is a US model. As many other things we all have seen over the years, some US stuff will not get Canada Warranty. Remember the Samsung 8000 series from last year's "employee sale"?

Definitely does not mean "NO MANUFACTURER's WARRANTY", period! It will get manufacturer's warranty, from LG US, just not from LG CANADA
Amazon and Newegg are not authorized to sell in Canada - They Ship from US and cannot give warranty to Canadians as they are not authorised in Canada which I already stated.

You would get LG US Warranty but have to go to the US to get it. Either by driving or paying for shipping and shipping back over the boarder which is a hassle.
Last edited by JmonksF992799 on Nov 10th, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top