• Nov 10th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1803 posts
293 upvotes
pmartin2525 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:03 am
Seems like a good deal and probably a sign of a big discount coming from the major retailers.
The Amazon price has been the same for a few weeks now:

Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:08 am
Amazon Inc.

For OLED, if they stated so. Also because this TV per se, is the US version, there's no CANADA warranty. However if you want warranty, I have no doubt if you bring across the border and get LG US to fix it, they will.

Your initial statement was

This is not true.
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-25UM58-P-25-21 ... 765&sr=1-1
is an example. I bought this a couple years back when it was on sale for cheap, and got warranty.
I am talking about TVs I am unsure as to the Monitors and computer gear. I don't buy that stuff on Amazon so I cannot speak about it.
When I talk about LG not being aloud on Amazon I am speaking on TVs as this is what the thread is about.
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
Civuck wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:21 am
The Amazon price has been the same for a few weeks now:

I think they will drop another couple hundred as my friend just bought one from Gibbys for 3200 + Tax
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
25 posts
28 upvotes
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:54 am
Amazon is not an authorized Seller. Read the Product description - XYZ SHOP on Newegg is also Not Authorized.

Any LG, Samsung found on Amazon will not come with warranty, same with Newegg.

Amazon.ca Product Description
U.S. version of LG OLED Product. May not be able to run all applications or features available in Canada. English version only. Does not include French versions of manuals, safety instructions or labeling. Amazon is not an authorized dealer of LG OLED Products in Canada. No manufacturer’s warranty in Canada.
My bad, I stand corrected. Where it was sold and shipped by Amazon I assumed the 1 year manufacturer warranty would be good here in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
theXshape wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:17 am
That's not even a TV...

I don't even see your point tbh. Who the hell is gonna buy a tv on a canadian website and then cross the border to get a warranty ? 1 in a 100 people ? Probably less.
I guess you have missed the whole Samsung 8000 series sale last year. When the you only had to pay $1600 (after tax, shipping, etc) to get a TV, compared to $2500 + tax in Canada, you would buy a US model. Buying on a website - so pretty much online, as long as it gets to your home, it is there.
Yes, people sorted out their warranties in the US.
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:22 am
I am talking about TVs I am unsure as to the Monitors and computer gear. I don't buy that stuff on Amazon so I cannot speak about it.
When I talk about LG not being aloud on Amazon I am speaking on TVs as this is what the thread is about.
I am telling you, only OLED TVs. Normal TVs are good, you will get manufacturer's warranty in Canada, especially true with CANADA models
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-55UJ7700-UHD-S ... 92&sr=1-19
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-60UJ6300-UHD-S ... 85&sr=1-17

OLED LG TVs, like the one in this thread, do not get any Canada warranty, because they are US models.

And if you still want to argue, here
Nov 13, 2014
85 posts
40 upvotes
Westmount, QC
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:47 am
I guess you have missed the whole Samsung 8000 series sale last year. When the you only had to pay $1600 (after tax, shipping, etc) to get a TV, compared to $2500 + tax in Canada, you would buy a US model. Buying on a website - so pretty much online, as long as it gets to your home, it is there.
But that's not the same thing at all. People actually saved close to 1k if they were willing to take a chance. Here, you won't save anything at all with BF around the corner when we know these tv will probably be around 2000$ for the 55'' and 2900-3000$ for the 65''.
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:47 am

I am telling you, only OLED TVs. Normal TVs are good, you will get manufacturer's warranty in Canada, especially true with CANADA models
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-55UJ7700-UHD-S ... 92&sr=1-19
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-60UJ6300-UHD-S ... 85&sr=1-17

OLED LG TVs, like the one in this thread, do not get any Canada warranty, because they are US models.

And if you still want to argue, here
The questions asked were incorrect. Ask if Amazon.ca is Authorised to sell LG - They will say no.
Not authorised Canadian retailer = No Canadian Warranty.

I am 100% sure of this. I have friends who work in the retail business and work at authorised dealers.

It doesnt matter the Model. LG TVS in Canada cannot be sold on Amazon. They are not authorised this is why you don't see ANY authorised dealers on there.

Go look for Sony you'll see authorised dealers on since they are aloud to be.

LG and Samsung are NOT aloud on 3rd party websites like Amazon and Newegg. This is Fact.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
theXshape wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:56 am
But that's not the same thing at all. People actually saved close to 1k if they were willing to take a chance. Here, you won't save anything at all with BF around the corner when we know these tv will probably be around 2000$ for the 55'' and 2900-3000$ for the 65''.
I just answered your question here:
theXshape wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:17 am

I don't even see your point tbh. Who the hell is gonna buy a tv on a canadian website and then cross the border to get a warranty ? 1 in a 100 people ? Probably less.
The answer is, yes, if they save a lot. I didn't say this TV specifically.

I also only answered the other guy, Jmonks, when he said "Any LG sold by Amazon will not get manufacturer's warranty" because "Amazon is not an authorized dealer". That is completely untrue, LG products sold on Amazon.ca will get Canada warranty, especially true with Canadian models.
I don't know why OLED TVs are different. If you look around on Amazon, all OLED TVs will have such cautious description, other LG TVs and products do not have such warnings.
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes

They are NOT Authorized dealer and DONT offer warranty.
Case closed.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:04 am
The questions asked were incorrect. Ask if Amazon.ca is Authorised to sell LG - They will say no.
Not authorised Canadian retailer = No Canadian Warranty.

I am 100% sure of this. I have friends who work in the retail business and work at authorised dealers.

It doesnt matter the Model. LG TVS in Canada cannot be sold on Amazon. They are not authorised this is why you don't see ANY authorised dealers on there.

Go look for Sony you'll see authorised dealers on since they are aloud to be.

LG and Samsung are NOT aloud on 3rd party websites like Amazon and Newegg. This is Fact.
Dude, I just showed you a screenshot where I asked about a specific TV sold on amazon.ca. And the agent said yes, they will honour the warranty.
And I also gave you another example, I bought the LG monitor and got warranty.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:08 am

They are NOT Authorized dealer and DONT offer warranty.
Case closed.
Are you telling me I did not get my LG monitor's warranty?
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:13 am
Im just showing you the conversation when asking the correct question.
Jul 23, 2008
711 posts
133 upvotes
KIRKLAND
konsensei wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:13 am
Check the product page for your monitor.
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes

If you are wondering about Amazon.ca being authorized Call the hotline. They are not.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17496 posts
3782 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Christ this is literally twice what I just paid for the 65" X900E. It surely can't be twice as good?