[Amazon Canada] LG 65'' 4K OLED TV OLED65B7P - $3434 | OLED65B7A - $3437

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2717 posts
103 upvotes
So I’ve been waiting to finally buy a new TV and it seems like the LG 65” OLED is the tv to have with the best quality, upscaling, gaming, future proof, can be viewed in a room with direct light, are all those assumptions correct?

I noticed there are a few models of their 65”, which is the best one and what is the difference? I think Costco has their own model # too, same as Best Buy Canada?

I plan on buying during Black Friday, is Costco also likely to have a Black Friday deal on it?

Damn I wish it was 70” as that seems to be the new 65” which was the previous standard large size, it seems like the only compromise buying this.
Aug 29, 2011
55 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
pmartin2525 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:03 am
Seems like a good deal and probably a sign of a big discount coming from the major retailers. The seller xyzshop.ca seems to have a good reputation. The B7A is sold and shipped by Amazon.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073K7ZFNF/
Keep in mind this B7A model is lower priced than the B7P models generally sold in Canada for a reason.
B7A has no Atmos speakers and no ability to decide Dolby Atmos (over ARC only) like the B7P.
Last edited by garytheduke on Nov 10th, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke
Nov 5, 2017
79 posts
19 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:14 pm
So I’ve been waiting to finally buy a new TV and it seems like the LG 65” OLED is the tv to have with the best quality, upscaling, gaming, future proof, can be viewed in a room with direct light, are all those assumptions correct?

I noticed there are a few models of their 65”, which is the best one and what is the difference? I think Costco has their own model # too, same as Best Buy Canada?

I plan on buying during Black Friday, is Costco also likely to have a Black Friday deal on it?

Damn I wish it was 70” as that seems to be the new 65” which was the previous standard large size, it seems like the only compromise buying this.
I've said this lots, ALL AUTHORIZED DEALERS (Bestbuy, Costco, Gibbys, Visions, Andres, 2001, Teletime ETC) All have MAP pricing. They can only advertise so low.

These brands will send price sheets to authorized dealers telling them how low they can advertise online, in print, and in email. This is why smaller places like Gibbys and Teletime ask you to CALL because they can give you a lower price than MAP which is "Minimum Advertised Pricing"

ALL Authorized dealers will show the EXACT same price online. You must call for your best deal or go into the store and haggle with them.

The only different is Return policy between these Dealers.

Again - Amazon and Newegg / Any 3rd party website is NOT authorized by LG or Samsung, Sony is a different beast. - With the same MAP and MSRP pricing.
Oct 29, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Why buy B7A for $3400 on Amazon.ca with no manufacturer warranty, when the (mildly) superior B7P will be going for $3000 in 2 weeks at Gibby's?

I have an invoice for a 65" B7P with above price if anyone wants to try and PM, as they did a flash sale with the BF prices about 2 weeks ago. PM me for it.

.. Still waiting for them to ship it out though :(
Nov 13, 2014
83 posts
39 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Rockstead wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:14 pm

Well every one has different needs, but the OLED is truly one the the best if you have the money.

The TV supports 4 HDR format, has low input lag for gaming (an area where LG is really good at) the picture is awesome, the viewing angle is the best, the tv is suitable for both a dark and bright room, WebOS 3.5 is fast and intuitive. The upscaling is also pretty good, although I believe Sony is better in that department (but still very good) I personally hesitated between the Sony X900E and the LG SJ8500 and decided to go for the OLED for BF so I could benefit from the best of both worlds (mind you, for my needs) the only real drawback is the burn in that could occur, but I'm not a huge gamer and I never watch tv channels like CNN so I highly doubt I would have a problem there.

The LG OLED line has multiple series but they all share the same panel (so they all have the same picture quality). The difference is in the stands, bezels and sound.
B7P and B7A are the same, but the B7A doesn't have Dolby Atmos with the internal speakers
C7 is the same has the B7P but with a different stand I believe
E7 has a different bezel and an attached soundbar
G7 has a different bezel and an even better soundbar
W7 is the ''wallpaper tv'' super slim and you wallmount it with magnets. Every input is connected through the soundbar.

I don't believe Costco will have BF deals on the OLED, but to be honest I have no idea if they ever had BF deals on TV before.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2717 posts
103 upvotes
theXshape wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:29 pm
Well every one has different needs, but the OLED is truly one the the best if you have the money.

The TV supports 4 HDR format, has low input lag for gaming (an area where LG is really good at) the picture is awesome, the viewing angle is the best, the tv is suitable for both a dark and bright room, WebOS 3.5 is fast and intuitive. The upscaling is also pretty good, although I believe Sony is better in that department (but still very good) I personally hesitated between the Sony X900E and the LG SJ8500 and decided to go for the OLED for BF so I could benefit from the best of both worlds (mind you, for my needs) the only real drawback is the burn in that could occur, but I'm not a huge gamer and I never watch tv channels like CNN so I highly doubt I would have a problem there.

The LG OLED line has multiple series but they all share the same panel (so they all have the same picture quality). The difference is in the stands, bezels and sound.
B7P and B7A are the same, but the B7A doesn't have Dolby Atmos with the internal speakers
C7 is the same has the B7P but with a different stand I believe
E7 has a different bezel and an attached soundbar
G7 has a different bezel and an even better soundbar
W7 is the ''wallpaper tv'' super slim and you wallmount it with magnets. Every input is connected through the soundbar.

I don't believe Costco will have BF deals on the OLED, but to be honest I have no idea if they ever had BF deals on TV before.
Fantastic write-up, if Gibby’s will have it for 3k, then I think this is the tv I’ve been waiting for as my 58” Samsung Plasma is from 2009 and I’ve been dying for an upgrade, but I kept waiting and waiting for 4K OLED to come out, then I waited it to be future proof, then I waited for it to also be suitable for games and awesome upscale game (which I hope this has), and then I waited for it to be in an affordable range for a tv if this quality (3k), then I waited it to be 70”, so I think I will need to compromise because I read it could be years until LG releases the 70”, I just hope I don’t regret it too much.

p.s Does it upscale all material to 4K? Does it do it well? Like I had considered the Visio at one point but it was known to have a poor upscaler.