Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lightning Deal - Teckin Smart Plug WiFi Socket with Timer Function, 4 pack - $42.39

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 3:13 pm
Aug 31, 2014
567 posts
910 upvotes
ontario

[Amazon.ca] Lightning Deal - Teckin Smart Plug WiFi Socket with Timer Function, 4 pack - $42.39

Teckin Smart WiFi sockets are back on sale today as a 4 pack for $42.39. Works out to $10.60 per unit which is the lowest I have seen a WiFi enabled socket go for IIRC.

Edit: Price in title.
Last edited by Growingupisold on Feb 1st, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
6 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Good price. I ordered a 2-pack on Boxing Week for $30. They were a pain in the butt to setup but work great. Easy integration with Alexa.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
They use the Tuya Smart Life app, so should be supported by Alexa, Google, and IFTTT.

Good price, but nearly identical plugs are frequently selling for around this price or even slightly less now (Primecables had one for $9.99 at Christmas). They basically just need the iTead integrated chip that costs a couple of dollars, plus a relay. Note that this model does not specify the amps rating, but there is a tendency for all of these cheap smart plugs to use a 10-amp max relay instead of the proper 15-amp relay, so beware trying to use it with heaters and kitchen appliances.
Jan 21, 2017
168 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I have a pair that looks similar to this that I got from a recent lightning deal. They work fine so in hindsight I would prefer to go zigbee or Z-Wave. My main complaint with the form factor of these is they obstruct usage of the plug beside them even for regular small plugs will fit but hanging out of plugs a little bit. Some plugs can't be put beside them at all.
Feb 19, 2013
336 posts
243 upvotes
I currently have two of these and I found it was quite easy to set up.

Got a 4 pack, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
This company makes a smart plug with a usb outlet that is shaped as an oval for similar price, often goes on lightening deal as well. I would buy that than this model since you get a usb port. I have neither but recently bought from same company their smart RGB bulbs, so all a whopping 3 days of use, seems ok quality. lol

Moreover, I would add, this is the value of Chinese commerce keeping inflation low. This company is probably chinese and similar ones on Amazon that provides a good quality mimic of a western "Phillips" type product at a fraction of the cost. If it wasn't for Chinese trade these types of products will be still hovering around $90-$100 range, like who would even consider smarting their homes at those prices?
Dec 19, 2006
446 posts
236 upvotes
Is the footprint small enough on these that you can place one on top of the other in the same electrical socket? I have another smart plug and it prevents me from plugging in anything else except for small plugs.