Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router with MU-MIMO (Max Stream EA7500-CA) | 33% Off | $99.96

[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2004
532 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router with MU-MIMO (Max Stream EA7500-CA) | 33% Off | $99.96

71qNsDlUZ+L._SL1500_.jpg
618hipRhjZL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Power your streaming and gaming with Next Gen AC Wi-Fi, which utilizes Multi-User MIMO technology to keep multiple Wi-Fi devices online at the same time and the same speed
  • Enjoy your favorite online games and streaming content without buffering or lag via dual-band speeds up to 1.9 GBPS Connect 4K TV, gaming console, laptop and more with four Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired transfer speeds 10x faster than Fast Ethernet
  • 3 external antennas expand Wi-Fi range throughout a medium-size home
  • Easy setup, generate guest passwords, monitor your Wi-Fi remotely and more with Smart Wi-Fi software
  • Next-Gen AC: Multi-User MIMO technology allows multiple users to access multiple devices on your network without lag or buffering
  • Dual-Band (5 GHz Plus 2.4 GHz): Two independent, dedicated Wi-Fi bands that deliver combined speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps
  • Advanced Connectivity: USB 3.0 port to connect external storage devices or printers and share across your network at speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0
  • Dual-Core CPU: 1.4 GHz dual-core processor for extremely fast data transfer speeds
  • 3x3AC: Three simultaneous streams of data for stronger, faster performance

-Callahan-

61kPTGpwOBL._SL1000_.jpg

Lowest Price EVER on CCC

000.jpg
26 replies
Newbie
Jan 22, 2020
3 posts
Thx Op needed a new router for a while, bought one ! Great deal.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
13870 posts
2004 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Huge fan of Linksys routers. I used WRT1900AC for years with no issues, super stable firmware and fast AC speeds.

Upgraded to Linksys Velop and have no complaints either. The trick with Linksys products is to wait till they have had few firmware fixes out there. The products typically have issue at release, but they are well engineered and software catches up shortly.
Jr. Member
Jan 5, 2007
115 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare to the Asus RT-AC66U B1 from Staples deal?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2151 posts
606 upvotes
major153 wrote:
How does this compare to the Asus RT-AC66U B1 from Staples deal?
EA7500 is one of the fastest access points you can get for any price, the only catch is that linksys was bought by another (another) company and so legacy products like this may never get another firmware update ever again. not a huge problem because the inevitable security holes and other bugs are usually minor. it's kind of annoying to get end of life software support, but you are also getting it for an end of life price, so
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
13870 posts
2004 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Loomy wrote: EA7500 is one of the fastest access points you can get for any price, the only catch is that linksys was bought by another (another) company and so legacy products like this may never get another firmware update ever again. not a huge problem because the inevitable security holes and other bugs are usually minor. it's kind of annoying to get end of life software support, but you are also getting it for an end of life price, so
The Belkin acquisition of Linksys happened in 2013. These products are all developed and managed under Belkin and are well supported by them. In fact, the famous WRT1900AC was released at that time, which is still supported and gets firmware updates. On that note, EA7500 was released in 2016.

Please fact check before you share untrue statements.
Last edited by weedb0y on Feb 23rd, 2020 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8656 posts
4166 upvotes
MVRD
weedb0y wrote: The Belkin acquisition of Linksys happened in 2013. These products are all developed and managed under Belkin and are well supported by them. EA7500 was released in 2016.

Please fact check before you share untrue statements.
Think he/she might be referring to the relationship between Linksys, Belkin and Foxconn.

"Linksys, the connected home and business division within newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity"
https://www.linksys.com/us/pressrelease ... echnology/
Last edited by chatbox on Feb 23rd, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
13870 posts
2004 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
chatbox wrote: Think he/she might be referring to the relationship between Linksys, Belkin and Foxconn.
Has no relation to firmware updates to the routers. and Linksys is fully owned by Belkin.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8656 posts
4166 upvotes
MVRD
weedb0y wrote: Has no relation to firmware updates to the routers. and Linksys is fully owned by Belkin.
Updated original post.

I don't know enough to agree, nor disagree that it has 'no relation to' firmware updates. (and neither do most people / consumers). e.g. What do we know really when it comes to market / branding / support / transition strategies coming from mergers or acquisitions in general?

I can, however, state that (according to the following document) the EA7500 is not EOL yet (so on that, he/she's incorrect with this):
https://www.linksys.com/us/support-arti ... Num=291976
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2151 posts
606 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: The Belkin acquisition of Linksys happened in 2013. These products are all developed and managed under Belkin and are well supported by them. In fact, the famous WRT1900AC was released at that time, which is still supported and gets firmware updates.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but foxconn bought linksys, and nxp bought the marvell wifi business. Both the firmware and the wifi driver used for all the modern WRT routers are unlikely to be updated ever again. OpenWRT works if you want security fixes, use davidc502's builds.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2010
28 posts
32 upvotes
Hamilton
If someone was to have bell fibe with the home Hub, I assume this would be a upgrade? Would I just go Ethernet from the hub to the router? Sorry in advance for the basic questions
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
29 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
xxxbrandonxxx wrote: If someone was to have bell fibe with the home Hub, I assume this would be a upgrade? Would I just go Ethernet from the hub to the router? Sorry in advance for the basic questions
Yes, this would be an upgrade in all likelihood. Correct, there's a WAN port on this router that would be connected to your Fibe modem via an ethernet cable. You can either disable the built-in Fibe WiFi, or choose to keep it as a secondary access point, up to you.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1416 posts
338 upvotes
Loomy wrote: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but foxconn bought linksys, and nxp bought the marvell wifi business. Both the firmware and the wifi driver used for all the modern WRT routers are unlikely to be updated ever again. OpenWRT works if you want security fixes, use davidc502's builds.
I don’t think this has openwrt or ddwrt as far as I can tell. I looked up the person you mentioned and those builds are for the wrt1900ac whereas this is the ac1900. I’d love to be wrong though, if you can post the link, I’d buy this right away.

Ive made the mistake of buying routers that don’t have an open firmware in the past, and paid the price when they never got updated (even for the Krack vulnerability) and swore I’d never make that mistake again.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2151 posts
606 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: I don’t think this has openwrt or ddwrt as far as I can tell.
I was referring to the WRT routers. EA7500 is not popular enough to have official builds for OpenWRT.
xxxbrandonxxx wrote: If someone was to have bell fibe with the home Hub, I assume this would be a upgrade? Would I just go Ethernet from the hub to the router? Sorry in advance for the basic questions
People ask this question all the time and the main upgrade to your wifi is the position of the access point or adding additional access points, not replacing your existing access point. Only in fringe cases will a replaced access point make a big difference. Like sometimes a room will go from having zero coverage to some coverage, which is nice. But there's no way to know that from product reviews, you purely must test that yourself. The best way to improve your home's wifi is with proper infrastructure design. If you don't know how to do that, just get an orbi kit.

Top