Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca The Lion King Trilogy Collection - 8-Disc Set - 57.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2012 12:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 3, 2004
4332 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca The Lion King Trilogy Collection - 8-Disc Set - 57.99

The Lion King Trilogy Collection - 8-Disc Set (Includes The Lion King: Diamond Edition 3D BD+2D BD+ DVD+ Digital Copy,The Lion King 1 1/2: 2D BD + DVD, and The Lion King 2: 2D BD + DVD) [Blu-ray]

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Lion-King-Tril ... roduct_top

ist Price: CDN$ 115.00
Price: CDN$ 57.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 57.01 (50%)

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-Ti7qZgJL.jpg[/IMG]
PM me when there is a Post Canada sale !
8 replies
Jun 1, 2009
425 posts
231 upvotes
Wondering if I should buy this...reading that the outside packaging canister looks great but the inside disc packaging is horrendous since it comes in cardboard sleeves and not actual bd cases, which can "damage" the discs.

I have not seen the second and third one. Someone convince me? :confused:
Regular Price .................. :|
Sale Price ....................... :)
Sale Price with Coupon ..... :D
FREE ............................... :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
wohjai wrote: Wondering if I should buy this...reading that the outside packaging canister looks great but the inside disc packaging is horrendous since it comes in cardboard sleeves and not actual bd cases, which can "damage" the discs.

I have not seen the second and third one. Someone convince me? :confused:

They suck, plain and simple. Not a patch on the original. I'd not consider this a deal at all, because I'd never want to own the other two lion king movies, hence no point spending extra money on them.

But then again, YMMV.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
porphyra wrote: They suck, plain and simple. Not a patch on the original. I'd not consider this a deal at all, because I'd never want to own the other two lion king movies, hence no point spending extra money on them.

But then again, YMMV.

Do kids like them though? I have a 3 year old that loves the original Lion King.
Apr 20, 2006
440 posts
44 upvotes
I want this! But I feel iffy about making the purchase. Loved Lion King growing up and this would look lovely but it would technically be me wasting $65 for the sake of having something pretty... Grrrr...
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23190 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
I love the first one. It was one of the first movies that I watched at the theatre.

Is this considered a deal though?
Jun 1, 2009
425 posts
231 upvotes
After watching this review, I got really p'd off at the shoddy packaging of the discs. It's even worse than the Avatar packaging!

The drum is nice but should have been made of wood...it looks like cardboard and would take up a lot of weird space in your bd storage space. I think I will hold off on this and just buy the original LK when it goes on sale.
Regular Price .................. :|
Sale Price ....................... :)
Sale Price with Coupon ..... :D
FREE ............................... :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
My kids like all of the LK movies but passed on this set when it originally came out and settled for the single releases through the Disney Movie Club.

I had pre-ordered this last fall because the sequels were only available but I saw the box but when I saw this video and found out they were released the sequels seperately a few months later, I quickly canceled. I can't stand gimmicky boxes like this. They take too much space and don't even hold the discs properly.

Disney hasn't learned as they are doing the same thing with the Cinderella 1-3 set coming out in the fall. Instead of a drum, it's a jewelry box.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cinderell ... ray/43797/
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2733 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
There's a Lion King 3?

And Cinderella is a trilogy too?

Wow, Disney sure milked the **** out of some classics..