Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Little Giant 14016-001 Alta One Type 1 Model 22-feet Ladder $220.73

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 9:20 pm
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Little Giant 14016-001 Alta One Type 1 Model 22-feet Ladder $220.73

I just bought 17 feet from costco, but now cancelled and ordered this one cause it's cheaper and longer.
https://www.costco.ca/Little-Giant-Mult ... 67320.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 16th, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
13 replies
Mar 20, 2013
800 posts
1018 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was just looking for a 17 inch ladder to help me get up to my step stool.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
CheapWinnipeger wrote: I was just looking for a 17 inch ladder to help me get up to my step stool.
Very funny, thanks.
Last edited by mummonth on Jul 16th, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2009
342 posts
568 upvotes
Newb question here: what's the difference between the one in this thread and the one Costco carries in warehouses: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/little-g ... id=1&pid=2

It seems like the one carried in the warehouse is lighter (32lbs vs. 40lbs), rated at a higher weight rating (300lbs vs. 250lbs) and quite a bit cheaper ($169 regular, lower price on sale or on clearance).
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
I got this for $80 at Canadian Tire as a "special buy" last year.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
loulinjai wrote: Newb question here: what's the difference between the one in this thread and the one Costco carries in warehouses: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/little-g ... id=1&pid=2

It seems like the one carried in the warehouse is lighter (32lbs vs. 40lbs), rated at a higher weight rating (300lbs vs. 250lbs) and quite a bit cheaper ($169 regular, lower price on sale or on clearance).
22 ft vs 17 ft
Oct 23, 2014
647 posts
603 upvotes
Laval, QC
gbill2004 wrote: I got this for $80 at Canadian Tire as a "special buy" last year.
not the same ladder, not the same quality..
the one from canadian tire is a knock off and not as solid.
Nov 24, 2013
161 posts
197 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
I got a similar 17' werner on sale at Canadian Tire $100 a couple weeks back. I went in a week late and showed the flyer price and gave me the discounted price. Might still work, depends on the manager I think.
Feb 20, 2008
626 posts
842 upvotes
nickgritz wrote: not the same ladder, not the same quality..
I agree 100%.

The knockoffs are garbage. I've had a Little Giant for over 10 years....it's heavy to move around but I feel very safe on it.

Little Giant costs more than the knock offs but my safety is kinda priceless....
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
I have a knockoff, neighbour has the giant. No comparison.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
Did anyone buy this? I need to fit this into an attic hatch which is 22 inches in width. Are the ends of this ladder 22" or less?
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
nickgritz wrote: not the same ladder, not the same quality..
It's a Keller which is actually better quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3975 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Just to add my $0.02.
Ladder manufacturers are extremely cautious about liability, so they tend to build their products to a high standard, using quality materials. What separates these ladders is often functionality and long term durability.
I use these types of ladders for work, so I have a fair amount of experience with them.

I've owned Little Giant, Featherlite, and Mastercraft ladders of this style. The ex buggered off with the Little Giant (cuz you need a 17' ladder in a condo), so I don't have long term experience with it, but I did like the hinge mechanism, (which was knocked off later by Mastercraft). That said, my 19' Mastercraft was recently used on an exterior job, and got rained on for several days. Both the leg locks and the hinge release mechanism are now acting up. I'm guessing that the internal springs have corroded. Whether the Little Giant mechanisms would have become problematic after three days of rain, I don't know.

I'm on my second Featherlite Jaws ladder, (the "Jaws Junior" 17' model, to be exact). The hinge mechanism is a meshed tooth design that you need to screw and unscrew to change. Visually, it's pretty tough to not notice that the ladder isn't set up properly, unlike the pop in-pop out buttons on both the LG and MC ladders. Frankly, based on the pyramid design of the teeth, you could probably climb the Jaws ladder with the hinge only half tightened. This ladder also uses spring loaded leg locks, and was also exposed to the rain like the MC ladder was, yet they still function smoothly.

I bought the first Featherlite Jaws Junior in 1998. I replaced it two years ago with a newer version, because the rivets the that held main rails to the cast aluminum jaw assembly had become loose, most likely a result of it being dragged around in step ladder configuration. The newer version has a more robust rivet installed. Eighteen years is not bad, though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Not to take anything away from this deal as it is definitely a good buy, but I find it interesting that I posted the stronger version of this ladder back in March for $204.14 and no one seemed interested.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... #p29138182
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)