Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Logitech G29/G920 Driving Force Race Wheel $259.99 (March 26 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 10:04 am
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
296 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Logitech G29/G920 Driving Force Race Wheel $259.99 (March 26 only)

Amazon one-day deal

G29 steering wheel with force feedback is on sale today. Down another $40 from the seemingly permanent $299.99 "sale".

PS4 / PS3 / PC compatible

XBOX One / PC compatible
33 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11646 posts
11980 upvotes
Thank you, I have a particular use for this item, I'm just not sure if this is the right time to buy.

Upvoted.
Nov 28, 2010
476 posts
243 upvotes
This is a good deal. I sold mine for 300 after a couple months of usage. Overall, it's a great wheel at this pricepoint !
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7063 posts
3341 upvotes
Toronto
remember a few years back when the G27 which is literally the same thing used to regularly go for $179 with the H shifter included? Crazy how Logitech rebranded the exact same product for new consoles to sell for double the price. Any time I see these "deals" I regret not buying a second G27 and I recall reading you can even use them on consoles now
Aug 16, 2011
817 posts
499 upvotes
NORTH YORK
How do people use this on the couch? just let it rest on your lap?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3222 posts
1229 upvotes
GTA
CanKon wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:56 pm
It would be way too awkward and uncomfortable to do that. Best bet is to mount it to a table or desk.

Or go fully engaged and get a racing chair with stand!
May 2, 2018
15 posts
7 upvotes
With use, this wheel is makes an annoying high-pitched squeak when turning left.
I've read somewhere that it goes away eventually, but mine still squeaks after one year.
To ignore the noise, I now only play racing sims with headphones on - I figure it's better for immersion, anyway.

I purchased this straight from Logitech and their support is awesome.
My package was missing the plastic clamp extenders that came with every other Logitech wheel I've owned.
After contacting them, they refunded me the whole wheel.
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
296 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
CanKon wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:56 pm
I can't afford the playseats or the fancy mounts so I just mount it to a desk and pretty much sit upright. The way I sit reminds me of driving a forklift :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2366 posts
537 upvotes
Belle River
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 12:35 pm
Thank you, I have a particular use for this item, I'm just not sure if this is the right time to buy.

Upvoted.
If you want to use it with consoles then it's probably not a good time because they might screw everyone again when the new consoles come out which isn't too far off now. If you don't want to use it with consoles, well the same could be said because if they do screw everyone again these G29/G920 might become clearance items.

Either way if you aren't really truly ready to put this thing to use then just don't buy it. I'm sure many people will tell you a similar tale, stuff like this is cool but because it requires a commitment of space and time :) so often it just ends up packed away never getting used. I have been through this a few times actually, with both the G27 and G29, although in my defense the most recent is not entirely my fault as it involves a friend not following through on their part of a planned project.
Dec 17, 2017
606 posts
623 upvotes
mrvnbird wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 2:10 pm
With use, this wheel is makes an annoying high-pitched squeak when turning left.
I've read somewhere that it goes away eventually, but mine still squeaks after one year.
To ignore the noise, I now only play racing sims with headphones on - I figure it's better for immersion, anyway.

I purchased this straight from Logitech and their support is awesome.
My package was missing the plastic clamp extenders that came with every other Logitech wheel I've owned.
After contacting them, they refunded me the whole wheel.
Did you get to keep the wheel though?