Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Logitech Stereo Gaming Headset G230 $ 34.99

10 replies
Oct 27, 2016
169 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
Used one of these for two years, dropping it around 4 times a week. One of the sides just gave in last week. Buying another, great sound and value!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Amazon regular pricing is $90? Overpriced?

I kind of need a home headset is this the best bang for buck?
Nov 7, 2008
543 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
BlackShaman wrote: The G430 is also on sale at 50$. (50% savings)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q?th=1

I've used the G230 for the past two years and I'm pretty happy. I think I never had an headset survive more than a year before...
For anyone wondering, the G430 headset is identical to the G230 except it is blue instead of red, and comes with a USB sound card that promises virtual 7.1 surround sound. If used without the USB sound card, it will sound the same as the G230.

Not that either the USB sound card or the headset itself sounds bad. I've owned two sets of the G230, one I gave to my girlfriend and one I keep as a backup. Worth a definite look at $35, while others may want the USB sound card for an extra $15.
Dec 1, 2012
210 posts
630 upvotes
I bought one of these and returned it thinking the microphone was defective because the sensitivity is incredibly low. I received a new sealed one and the mic was just as awful. I'd stay away at all costs. I had to set the boost at +30db, if I remember right. I tested these on 4-5 different computers just to be sure. The noise at this gain level is unbearable.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Raisinlove wrote: I bought one of these and returned it thinking the microphone was defective because the sensitivity is incredibly low. I received a new sealed one and the mic was just as awful. I'd stay away at all costs. I had to set the boost at +30db, if I remember right. I tested these on 4-5 different computers just to be sure. The noise at this gain level is unbearable.
It's really that bad? Did you test with both onboard sound and soundcard or even an external device? I'm looking to replace a Tritton Kunai which is the second one that broke around the headband. Thankfully I didn't pay full price for either and with the company now out of business, there's no chance for a warranty replacement.
Jul 14, 2009
695 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
Raisinlove wrote: I bought one of these and returned it thinking the microphone was defective because the sensitivity is incredibly low. I received a new sealed one and the mic was just as awful. I'd stay away at all costs. I had to set the boost at +30db, if I remember right. I tested these on 4-5 different computers just to be sure. The noise at this gain level is unbearable.
My sound is great, although I don't remember what setting I was using.
Stupid question: but did you know the mic boom is adjustable? It is very stiff so most people don't know it can be bent closer to your mouth.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)