Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Lowest Net Price Ever for AmazonBasics Scented Dog Waste Bags 810 Count, $15.94 + 8% eBates

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 7:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

[Amazon Canada] Lowest Net Price Ever for AmazonBasics Scented Dog Waste Bags 810 Count, $15.94 + 8% eBates

Amazon currently has the 810 count of the lavender scented dog waste bags for $15.94 and there is an 8% EBates promotion for Amazon going on. If you combine the two, you will have the lowest net cost for these bags ever.

It is a good metaphor for Jeff Bezo's marriage and extreme infidelity.

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Wast ... B076VSDJ2R

Edit: The prices are changing, the cucumber scent is now $15.74 for 810 count. Click on the different scents to get the best price.
Last edited by JoeStale on Jan 11th, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1007 posts
210 upvotes
YYC
I always make sure to buy compostable bags like these:
Compostable poop bags

They are a little more money but are significantly more environmentally friendly. I'm surprised Amazon isn't more sensitive to this.
Jul 25, 2008
859 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
herc wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:45 am
Compostable poop bags

They are a little more money but are significantly more environmentally friendly. I'm surprised Amazon isn't more sensitive to this.
+1 for these bags as well. They are much better for the environment and theres a $4 off coupon now too!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
herc wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:45 am
Compostable poop bags

I find it funny for you to suggest those bags that are 2.5x the cost of the other ones on a per unit basis on RFD, a site devoted to extreme consumerism and excessive waste. Just imagine how much fuel it takes to fly all those planes and vehicles Amazon has to use to ship everything in 2 days. Not to mention that RFD members excessively buy things they don't need, environment be damned. This is a site of excess, greed, and glut.

The polyethylene that the Amazon bags are made of are recyclable. The smartphone you are using to view RFD is not recyclable because of the intermingled toxic elements it is made of despite what phone companies say when they ship old phones to China or India for "recycling".
Last edited by JoeStale on Jan 11th, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3269 posts
466 upvotes
Hamilton
Our city doesn't allow pet waste in our green bins, so unless your composting them yourself it would still wind up in the trash at least for me
Nov 25, 2003
925 posts
32 upvotes
adblink182 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:59 am
Our city doesn't allow pet waste in our green bins, so unless your composting them yourself it would still wind up in the trash at least for me
Really? Why wouldn't a city allow that (as long as it was in compost/bio bags)?
Apr 3, 2013
967 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
TheRequiem wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:32 am
Really? Why wouldn't a city allow that (as long as it was in compost/bio bags)?
The waste processing facilities sometimes cannot handle certain types of waste.
Similar to how Toronto's recycling program doesn't accept any black plastic.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1252 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:48 am

I find it funny for you to suggest those bags that are 2.5x the cost of the other ones on a per unit basis on RFD, a site devoted to extreme consumerism and excessive waste. Just imagine how much fuel it takes to fly all those planes and vehicles Amazon has to use to ship everything in 2 days. Not to mention that RFD members excessively buy things they don't need, environment be damned. This is a site of excess, greed, and glut.

The polyethylene that the Amazon bags are made of are recyclable. The smartphone you are using to view RFD is not recyclable because of the intermingled toxic elements it is made of despite what phone companies say when they ship old phones to China or India for "recycling".
You really put the guilt on but very well said. However, another trait of an RFDers is extreme frugality which can result in less consumption due to our cheap assness! The scales are definitely tipped to your point though and I really need to ween myself off of this site Confounded Face

As for the poop bags, I try to reuse the thin produce bags and other bags used in packaging of food (bread, etc) as much as possible.
Last edited by johnsmithy on Jan 11th, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
=============
Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1252 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:23 am
Even with all this talk on coupons, cashbacks, and 'lowest price ever', Costco's biodegradable bags at REGULAR PRICE ARE STILL CHEAPER (plus these also work great as mini compost bags for the kitchen or waste bags for the car):
https://www.costco.ca/Poop-n'-Scoop-Bio ... 29946.html
Newt, are you saying these are large enough to fit in the kitchen compost bins? That would be a great price compared to the compost specific bags sold in store.
=============
Heatware
May 13, 2012
310 posts
182 upvotes
CALGARY
Technically, the most environmentally friendly thing to do is just not pick up the poop. So the next time someone watches your dog take a dump on their lawn, give a big 'you're welcome' as you walk away.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2120 posts
759 upvotes
Mississauga
johnsmithy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:33 am
Newt, are you saying these are large enough to fit in the kitchen compost bins? That would be a great price compared to the compost specific bags sold in store.
I think its too small based off the measurements on the site. Shame I still have a few dozen rolls from the amazon basics bags. I'm def going to buy these when I run out.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Apr 7, 2009
66 posts
9 upvotes
toronto
Are these Costco ones just in a box, not rolled up for a dispenser? That's a good deal and a lot of bags...

vinnie1990 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:27 am
I think its too small based off the measurements on the site. Shame I still have a few dozen rolls from the amazon basics bags. I'm def going to buy these when I run out.