Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch and Remote Kit $61.99 (11% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:39 pm
Mar 11, 2004
421 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
CanRulez wrote: If anyone misses this sale, just let me know. I can buy these at my supplier for less $.

Sorry, I can only meet up in west Mississauga.
Thanks for info, I sent you a PM on cost
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
I just noticed that the pedestal that can mount and hold a pico remote on your bedside table, etc is also on sale for $13.63, 33% off (save $6.86) at amazon.ca. My wife uses one of these at her bedside table to control the ceiling lights manually. I just use google home to control the light but she likes manual control more often.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-L-PED1-WH- ... B003WGU2MU

Jun 27, 2018
374 posts
311 upvotes
kashirat wrote: I’m using them with HomeKit and they’re rock solid. Fast with Siri too!
I wish, I invested in the Lurton products before. I purchased fee Koogeek smart switches and struggling now to keep them running. I know from my friends that Lutrin is dependable
Apr 10, 2007
56 posts
51 upvotes
Saw some posts about having max brightness when turning on. I have HomeKit/AppleTV, so I setup rules to 50% the lights (as a scene) when they are turned on. Not previous setting, but it's one way to avoid max brightness. I have lutron and wemo. Lutron is way better, but I am worried about the battery problem in the future.
Sep 9, 2009
297 posts
122 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If I only want to use the in-wall light switch and remote, and no plans to control the lights with a smartphone or tablet, do I still need a hub/bridge?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
speed_69 wrote: If I only want to use the in-wall light switch and remote, and no plans to control the lights with a smartphone or tablet, do I still need a hub/bridge?
Technically, the in-wall dimmer will work as a standard dumb dimmer without connection to its hub (my hub has been disconnected / powered off before and they work fine manually). The pico remote would not be functional, however. I'd suggest purchasing a dimmer for far, far less without the "smart" features of Caseta as a better option in that case.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Kaori wrote: Saw some posts about having max brightness when turning on. I have HomeKit/AppleTV, so I setup rules to 50% the lights (as a scene) when they are turned on. Not previous setting, but it's one way to avoid max brightness. I have lutron and wemo. Lutron is way better, but I am worried about the battery problem in the future.
What is the"battery problem" ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
ChicoQuente wrote: What is the"battery problem" ?
I can't imagine what battery problem is being referred to either... the pico's battery? That thing runs for well over a year and takes a pretty standard CR 2032 as replacement.
Apr 10, 2007
56 posts
51 upvotes
couple years later if the switch ran out of battery or start to lose connectivity to the bridge, who will remember that is a battery switch? only me. other people in the house won’t know what’s going on. And if we sell the house, good luck to the next owner.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Kaori wrote: couple years later if the switch ran out of battery or start to lose connectivity to the bridge, who will remember that is a battery switch? only me. other people in the house won’t know what’s going on. And if we sell the house, good luck to the next owner.
That's really digging to find a fault with this. If the next owner is too stupid to google the lutron caseta logo all over the house then it's hardly a problem I'd care about many years after selling my home if I'm even still alive.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: Technically, the in-wall dimmer will work as a standard dumb dimmer without connection to its hub (my hub has been disconnected / powered off before and they work fine manually). The pico remote would not be functional, however. I'd suggest purchasing a dimmer for far, far less without the "smart" features of Caseta as a better option in that case.
Actually the pico remote can be paired with a dimmer without needing the hub. I’m using it right now like this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
vader_slri wrote: Actually the pico remote can be paired with a dimmer without needing the hub. I’m using it right now like this.
I guess I never tried without a hub like I remember... thanks for the education!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Just a heads up: final day of sale. Ends tomorrow, June 20.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Wow, Lowe's are idiots.

First package received the box is absolutely destroyed, but luckily Lutron has strong plastic interior packaging so the product is ok.

Second package is just as bad condition except they sent the wrong damn product. They sent the stupid Lamp Dimmer kit. It's not even the same colour. I think this will be the last time i order from Lowe's. Been on hold for 20 minutes trying to connect with a CS agent. Goddamnit Lowes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Ecsta wrote: Wow, Lowe's are idiots.

First package received the box is absolutely destroyed, but luckily Lutron has strong plastic interior packaging so the product is ok.

Second package is just as bad condition except they sent the wrong damn product. They sent the stupid Lamp Dimmer kit. It's not even the same colour. I think this will be the last time i order from Lowe's. Been on hold for 20 minutes trying to connect with a CS agent. Goddamnit Lowes.
Sorry to hear that. Lowes cancelled my order 30 hours after it was placed because my local store ran out of stock before they shipped to me... and the $10 off coupon I used became useless as it wouldn't accept it a second time on re-order. I spent about an hour and a half getting working replacement coupons for the re-order from clearly bored customer service reps (3 of them). Thats ridiculous inventory management and terrible customer service.

Yet, my Lowes experience pales to yours... thats terrible. Hope you get a 20% off future order coupon or something for their incompetence.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Elrondolio wrote: Sorry to hear that. Lowes cancelled my order 30 hours after it was placed because my local store ran out of stock before they shipped to me... and the $10 off coupon I used became useless as it wouldn't accept it a second time on re-order. I spent about an hour and a half getting working replacement coupons for the re-order from clearly bored customer service reps (3 of them). Thats ridiculous inventory management and terrible customer service.

Yet, my Lowes experience pales to yours... thats terrible. Hope you get a 20% off future order coupon or something for their incompetence.
After a half hour on hold the guy said they could only do a return/refund by mail and suggested going to a store. Went to a store that listed 5 in stock but CS said they couldn’t find them so sent me to another store that had 1 in stock and they were holding it for me. Get there and the 1 is banged up and opened but product itself looked unused so I just took it. Hopefully it works haha.

After spending 2.5 hours this morning sorting it out I think next time I’ll pay the $10 more and get it from amazon.

Glad it’s not just me.
Jun 2, 2011
644 posts
573 upvotes
Yeah. Lowe's is shit for ordering online, the pickup experience is horrible in my experience. That's why I ordered my units from BB. 30 hours later they were at my door.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
powderskull wrote: Yeah. Lowe's is shit for ordering online, the pickup experience is horrible in my experience. That's why I ordered my units from BB. 30 hours later they were at my door.
My own fault for being greedy wanting that extra $10 off email coupon haha.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Amazon.ca is back to regular price 69.95
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile