Markham
Picked up a small in blue for myself

Great price for a great jacket
ShadowVlican
Dec 8, 2010
45 posts
50 upvotes
British Columbia
I'm about your size, but how tight does the Large fit? Snug? Sleeves just right or a touch long?
typer100 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 10:03 pm
I have this jacket. Very warm. Pretty hot deal IMO.
I'm 5'11" 170lbs size:large
Nov 22, 2015
3 posts
3 upvotes
I have this jacket in large. For comparison, I have a 40" chest and am 6'2". It doesn't fit stylishly (see photo of George above), but it allows for it to be layered on top of a midlayer or shell without losing much down loft. The amount leakage is low with about 5 individual feathers that I can recall over its first winter of use. I used it between -10 and -48 Celsius actively, with midlayers at the extreme. For stationary use or without layers, I'd say it's only comfortable to about -10 to -15 Celsius? The sleeve openings can be tight and difficult to get your hands out of. The pockets are fleece lined and extremely comfortable. It has both an exterior and interior chest pocket. The exterior chest pocket is generous and I believe it can be packed into it?!! The front zipper is an excellent 2 way zipper and is easy to use with gloves. The hood is lackluster and you can only adjust the face opening. It is bulky and I can't imagine packing it for trekking. You can also read this review for more information: https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/ ... down-hoody

edit: stationary use or without layers temperature range
edit: adjusted the stationary temperature again! Don't trust me. Read these reviews for a broader sense of comfortable temperature rating https://www.marmot.com/guides-down-hoody-73060.html
Edit: hands not wrists, loft factor for sizing, isn't stylish, amount of down loss
Last edited by justbodies on Jun 12th, 2019 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2435 posts
1026 upvotes
Pothole city
gekaizer wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:09 pm
How cold of a temperature did you wear this jacket OP? Thanks
Last Montreal Winter, which was pretty bad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2435 posts
1026 upvotes
Pothole city
notrub604 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:21 pm
I'm about your size, but how tight does the Large fit? Snug? Sleeves just right or a touch long?
Sleeves fit right I'm 33"/16.5" for shirts. It's not too snug. Except for the sleeves I could have probably fit in a medium, but since it's a winter I'd rather have a little room to layer if I need too.
Mar 27, 2011
665 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
justbodies wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 1:28 am
I have this jacket in large. For comparison, I have a 40" chest and am 6'2". It doesn't fit stylishly at this size (see photo of George above), but it allows for it to be layered on top of a midlayer or shell. The amount of down leakage is low. I used it between -10 and -48 Celsius actively, with midlayers at the extreme. For stationary use or without layers, I'd say it's only comfortable to about -10 to -15 Celsius? The sleeve openings can be tight and difficult to get your wrists out of. The pockets are fleece lined and extremely comfortable. It has both an exterior and interior chest pocket. The exterior chest pocket is generous and I believe it can be packed into it?!! The front zipper is an excellent 2 way zipper and is easy to use with gloves. The hood is lackluster and you can only adjust the face opening. It is bulky and I can't imagine packing it for trekking. You can also read this review for more information: https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/ ... down-hoody

edit: stationary use or without layers temperature range
edit: adjusted the stationary temperature again! Don't trust me. Read these reviews for a broader sense of comfortable temperature rating https://www.marmot.com/guides-down-hoody-73060.html
+1 great review, thanks!
typer100 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:54 am
Last Montreal Winter, which was pretty bad.
Thanks OP!

Hopefully the other Large sizes go down to $100.

I really don't wants to get the crimson red...
Jun 24, 2014
52 posts
18 upvotes
ON
Seems like FREE Returns does not apply to this item. Be aware of this before purchase.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4519 posts
3599 upvotes
starlamp wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:03 pm
Thx OP

Just a word of warning - the last time I bought clothes from Amazon, I returned 2-3 pieces (out of 6)

They sent me a warning and I had chat disabled on me.
There was probably something else going on for that to happen... I return items to Amazon on a very frequent basis... I would guess maybe 2-3 returns every week. Never had a warning or anything like that.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1248 posts
311 upvotes
Halton
odelorr wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:15 am
Seems like FREE Returns does not apply to this item. Be aware of this before purchase.

Thanks OP.
Where do you see that?
Apr 20, 2015
130 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
But isn't there a TV ad that says try on what you like return what you don't for Amazon? So this seems like it wouldn't make sense their kind of advertising you can do that but not fulfilling that
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
144 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:32 am
There was probably something else going on for that to happen... I return items to Amazon on a very frequent basis... I would guess maybe 2-3 returns every week. Never had a warning or anything like that.
Wow - well you are lucky. And NO *eye roll* there was nothing "else" going on :facepalm:
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
144 upvotes
Pisidan wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:07 am
But isn't there a TV ad that says try on what you like return what you don't for Amazon? So this seems like it wouldn't make sense their kind of advertising you can do that but not fulfilling that
Note they allowed my returns. The stupid thing was I just returned different sizes - completely reasonable. There's lots of reports where Amazon start having issues; but it seems to have tapered down of late.