Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8962 posts
9944 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] The Matrix Collection Bluray (4 Movies) $13.99

$13.99 for 4 Movies is pretty HOT

https://www.amazon.ca/Film-Favourites-C ... B00WUI3KOI

Product Description

4 Film Favorites: The Matrix Collection (Bilingual/Blu-ray)

Special Features

In Movie Experience Commentaries Written Introduction by The Wachowski brothers (20 cnt.) Philosophers Commentary by Dr. Cornel West, Ken Wilber Critics Commentary by Todd McCarthy, John Powers, David Thomson Cast and Crew Commentary by Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta Composer Commentary by Don Davis with Music Only Track The Matrix Revisited Behind The Matrix Making The Matrix The Dance of the Master: Yuen Wo Ping's Blocking Tapes The Bathroom Fight and Wet Wall The Code of the Red Dress The Old Exit: Wabash and Lake Agent Down But Wait- There's More Take the Red Pills [2 selections] Follow the White Rabbit [9 selections Audio The Music Revisited [41 audio tracks] Marilyn Manson Music Video Rock is Dead Trailers The Matrix Teaser The Matrix Trailer The Matrix TV Spots

13 replies
Nov 19, 2005
278 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
This is a pretty sweet deal considering it comes with the Animatrix. The 4K version is great, but it's way more expensive and is only the trilogy. Coming with the Animatrix is so worth it if you're a fan of the Matrix mythology.

Grabbed 1, thanks!
Sep 4, 2014
536 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is hot, got it last time it was 15. At this price is a no brainer.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this set about a year ago for about $10 more watched it a couple of times. I purchased the 4k trilogy earlier this month and the increase in picture and sound quality is incredible. I now have these movies in DVD, Blu-ray, 4k UHD, and 4k iTunes.
Mar 7, 2011
379 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton
Curious, are the films quality bluray quality?? Or did they just cram all the standard definition movies into a bluray disc and called it bluray?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
HyperTech wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:01 pm
@audit13 how much did u pay for ur 4k trilogy?
It was $54.99 + tax from Best Buy Canada.
Dec 14, 2008
689 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
kwokinator wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:29 am
This is a pretty sweet deal considering it comes with the Animatrix. The 4K version is great, but it's way more expensive and is only the trilogy. Coming with the Animatrix is so worth it if you're a fan of the Matrix mythology.

Grabbed 1, thanks!
Agreed. The Animatrix is quite possibly the best thing to come out of that franchise and holds up really well today. Unsurprisingly, the Squaresoft short is the least impressive one by today's standards yet it's still directed beautifully and covers an important part of the overarching Matrix storyline.
Oct 14, 2017
436 posts
408 upvotes
kaijujager wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:13 pm
Curious, are the films quality bluray quality?? Or did they just cram all the standard definition movies into a bluray disc and called it bluray?
DVD quality.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
kaijujager wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:13 pm
I'd say the Blu-rays are a definite step above the DVDs.
Aug 16, 2011
792 posts
476 upvotes
NORTH YORK
audit13 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:09 pm
I'd say the Blu-rays are a definite step above the DVDs.
Yup 35mm films have enough detail to make blu-ray out of them.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1332 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
I think what they were asking is if this is just 1 disc with all four movies in it (in which case, it would only fit at a lower bitrate/quality) or is it a 4 disc set that contains the same Blu-ray’s as the original trilogy pack.

My guess is that it’s 4 discs since the alternative requires more work. They probably exclude all the extras discs that usually come with the movies though.

Edit: just realized it’s amazon, it states 4 discs.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
Alexandero2 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 8:12 am
I think what they were asking is if this is just 1 disc with all four movies in it (in which case, it would only fit at a lower bitrate/quality) or is it a 4 disc set that contains the same Blu-ray’s as the original trilogy pack.

My guess is that it’s 4 discs since the alternative requires more work. They probably exclude all the extras discs that usually come with the movies though.

Edit: just realized it’s amazon, it states 4 discs.
Just want to confirm that it is 4 separate discs.