Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca The Matrix Ultimate Collection [Blu-ray] $54

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2010 7:00 pm
Tags:
15 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2159 posts
370 upvotes
Caledon, ON
Why not just have one thread for all of the Amazon one day sales planned for this week, rather than a new thread each day?

Monday:
The "Harry Potter: Years 1-6" Gift Set [Blu-ray] http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB 55.99

Tuesday:
The Matrix Ultimate Collection" [Blu-ray]

Wednesday:
"2012" [Blu-ray]

Thursday:
"The Border"--Season One or Two [DVD]

Friday:
"Spider-Man 1-3" [DVD or Blu-ray]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2369 upvotes
Fredericton
That's still about twice as much as ordering it from Amazon UK.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
I don't get this collection. The first Matrix was brilliant, and the other two were sub-par at best. Save your money and get the first movie only on BR, and then pretend there were no others that followed... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2159 posts
370 upvotes
Caledon, ON
smuPoker wrote: That's still about twice as much as ordering it from Amazon UK.
+1, but good price for amazon (if you have a GC or something).
Captain Snazzypants wrote: I don't get this collection. The first Matrix was brilliant, and the other two were sub-par at best. Save your money and get the first movie only on BR, and then pretend there were no others that followed... :twisted:
My thinking exactly, which is why I bought the 1st one only - the lobby scene in TrueHD is phenomenal!
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
I liked the second one, and the third was mediocre at best.

But i want the Animatrix with it.

What did Costco sell it for?
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: I liked the second one, and the third was mediocre at best.

Costco had the DVD collection at $25-$35 a while back. My question on this is other than the pic quality, did they add anything extra on the BR/BD?
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: I liked the second one, and the third was mediocre at best.

Costco had this BD collection on sale for $39, so not much of a deal
Jan 27, 2004
414 posts
37 upvotes
I regret not buying it now when I saw it at Costco. Has anyone seen any copies at costcos in the GVRD?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
Nope. Costco is a place once the deal goes, it goes. They never restock on BDs. They seem to rotate new titles and older sales title but never repeat.

You can pick up the first three and Animatrix for about 45 at Amazon UK. A bit pricey and no extras but you can get the four films.
Jan 27, 2004
414 posts
37 upvotes
Boourns. Looks like I may jump on this deal now...

At the time, I thought it was regular price so I didn't get it thinking it'd still be there next time.

Lesson learned about how Costco stocks BD.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
I'd be tempted with the Border but ending season 3 in a cliffhanger and canceling the series pisses me off too much to bother.
Dec 11, 2009
49 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
Yeah you really have to read up on it if you want to understand the trilogy completely. Id anyways.. The Machines allowed for their to be "The One" in the code. This allowed the people to adapt better.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2832 posts
84 upvotes
If I understand the story correctly, both Neo and Trinity are code morph into human form using genetic engineering. This explains why Neo could see into the code of the Matrix, defeat the Agents, wirelessly jack into the Matrix and remote detonate Sentinels. The roles of The One are to give psychological support (false hope) to the 0.01% of the human population who reject the Matrix and to reboot the Matrix when the resistance was crushed. Trinity's involvement is to support the journey of The One and participate in the Matrix restart sequence.

Neo (being the 4th iteration of The One) is special in the sense that the Machine finally compromised and let whoever awaken inside the Matrix to free to leave. (But they will still be on their own.)
Feb 7, 2010
46 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Trifid wrote: Why not just have one thread for all of the Amazon one day sales planned for this week, rather than a new thread each day?

Monday:
The "Harry Potter: Years 1-6" Gift Set [Blu-ray] http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB 55.99

Tuesday:
The Matrix Ultimate Collection" [Blu-ray]

Wednesday:
"2012" [Blu-ray]

Thursday:
"The Border"--Season One or Two [DVD]

Friday:
"Spider-Man 1-3" [DVD or Blu-ray]
Thanks I will do that tomorrow if nobody else posted it yet.