Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, APP Control, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, No Hub Nee

Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
star2002 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:30 pm
Is anyone able to use this with their vehicle homelink system? All other remotes work except that one.
Yes, my wife parks in the garage and uses her Homelink in her RVM to open/close the garage as before. Since I park in the driveway, I removed my remote and there is no Homelink in my truck for security reasons. I open the garage if I want to walk in that way with my phone.
Sep 10, 2008
114 posts
17 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:51 pm
Yes, my wife parks in the garage and uses her Homelink in her RVM to open/close the garage as before. Since I park in the driveway, I removed my remote and there is no Homelink in my truck for security reasons. I open the garage if I want to walk in that way with my phone.
Did you have to set it up any different?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
star2002 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:58 pm
Did you have to set it up any different?
No, I have an old reliable screw drive Genie GDO. The far 2 contacts shorted opens and closes the door. So my MSG100 is wired to them and the box is right on top of the motor. There are LED bulbs in the GDO and directly above the unit, no interference. Everything works as it should whether I use the app, Alexa, remote or Homelink. My router is an ASUS 86U.
Nov 8, 2010
23 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Can't figure the wiring, can anyone point me in the right direction based on these photos?
Images
  • IMG_6683.jpeg
  • IMG_6682.jpeg
Jun 4, 2007
226 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Installed it in about an hour over the weekend. Works well, hopefully the contact sensor stays on with the tape/magnet. Homebridge makes it compatible with homekit/siri via ifttt (as a switch), which works surprisingly well. Pretty happy for <$50.
Nov 3, 2017
102 posts
14 upvotes
AC202 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
Can't figure the wiring, can anyone point me in the right direction based on these photos?
Check the wiring from the wall control,eg. if the wires from wall control are connected to the first two, then the meross wires go into the first two as well.
Apr 19, 2012
239 posts
52 upvotes
Brampton
Saphier wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:07 am
Installed it in about an hour over the weekend. Works well, hopefully the contact sensor stays on with the tape/magnet. Homebridge makes it compatible with homekit/siri via ifttt (as a switch), which works surprisingly well. Pretty happy for <$50.
I did as well and happy so far. Went in garage to test the kit and ended up installing it which was rather straightforward and quick.
Mar 11, 2018
23 posts
14 upvotes
Using Alexa, when I add the "Smart Meross" skill and perform "discover devices" nothing is found. When I add the "Meross" skill and perform "discover devices" it finds my door. Unfortunately since it uses the non-smart Meross skill, I cannot "unlock by voice". Does anyone else have this issue?
Dec 2, 2006
501 posts
57 upvotes
Bradford
Atomix84 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:42 pm
Using Alexa, when I add the "Smart Meross" skill and perform "discover devices" nothing is found. When I add the "Meross" skill and perform "discover devices" it finds my door. Unfortunately since it uses the non-smart Meross skill, I cannot "unlock by voice". Does anyone else have this issue?
I have similar issues. I can get this to work only if I install the meross skill first then the smart meross skill second. But only can see the settings screen of the meross skill not the smart meross skill. Looks like I could have it open in the smart meross settings by saying "alexa unlock garage door" I would be ok with that. I hate having to say hey alexa open smart meross" then alexa says "this is smart meross" then I have to say "open garage door"
Why not can they have it to work by just saying "alexa open garage"
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4892 posts
1641 upvotes
Canuckland
AC202 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
Test the 2 on the left with the white cable
Jul 12, 2003
310 posts
1 upvote
Victoria
Dumb question, but where's the activity log in the app? Like where it shows a list of the days/times it was opened/closed.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Atomix84 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:42 pm
Do a few discover runs, doesn’t always pick up all the devices.
Oct 24, 2008
892 posts
506 upvotes
I wonder if I could set my wemo switch to open the garage door with this. I know the wemo switch has a "hold" function. Maybe with ifttt

Edit nvm this deal is gone :( maybe I'll look for an alternative or hopefully it comes back. I can't seem to find this product at all?
Oct 24, 2008
892 posts
506 upvotes
milkmilk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 1:07 pm
I made my own with:
- ESP8266 $3
- Door contact switch $2
- 3V relay $1
- Small USB Power Supply that we all have a bunch that are useless for anything else $FREE

It takes only some really basic electronics + programming skills.

This looks to be the exact same thing, so it's definitely not worth $95 MSRP
It should be priced at about $20-$40 just like other wifi switches, and with proper certifications.
Sell me one Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 28, 2007
232 posts
172 upvotes
CALGARY
bpcrally wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:58 pm
Sell me one Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
It was just a fun project and it really is quite easy.
If you are looking to just open/close without feedback, there are chinese site selling them for less than $10 if you just search "wifi relay" example

If you are building it yourself, adding a feedback is a bit more challenging, but still an "anyone-can-do-it" difficulty.