Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, APP Control, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, No Hub Nee

Dec 21, 2012
247 posts
218 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bpcrally wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:58 pm
Sell me one Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Since I've gotten a few PMs, I may as well just post this here.

Follow this video: (Make sure you read the description of the video for the updated Device Configuration)

Here's my SmartThings DTH: https://pastebin.com/UBxMJCBu
Mar 11, 2018
23 posts
14 upvotes
No luck... I tried "discover devices" 4 times with only the "meross smart" skill enabled and linked, nothing found. As soon as I enable and link the non-smart meross skill it prompts to discover devices, then finds the garage door no problem...
Mar 30, 2003
64 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
For those of you looking to get Siri working (I've set it up so that I can say "Hey Siri open / close my garage door") and also a single button on my iPhone and it's quite quick.

1. Go to IFTTT and setup a Webhook to the Meross. Copy your Webhook URL

2. On your iOS 12 device, run the Shortcuts app (install if you haven't already). Create a new Shortcut with two steps: the first is URL where the URL is the one copied from step 1, and step 2 is 'Get the Contents of URL' with a method of GET.

3. From there, record a Siri Phrase on the properties of your new shortcut.

I've also setup the device under my Google Home using IFTTT and the Google Home app. (couldn't actually add it as a device). Once nice thing I had setup was to have a single Google Home voice command ("Hey Google partial open garage") and using IFTTT and Google Assistant Routines the garage door opens, waits one second, and sends the open command again so the garage is only open about 2 feet high. Remote start the vehicle (this time with Siri & Volvo), and the exhaust goes out the garage without the door being wide open; all button free. Hmm...I'm sure I could combine both into one command....
Jan 19, 2006
827 posts
42 upvotes
Anyone know of a decent setup to just have your phone tell you when your garage door is left open or not? I don’t necessarily need the open/close function. Just need a sensor to say the door is open or not. Or when it’s opened while I’m at work.
"...I will not be limited."
Dec 2, 2006
501 posts
57 upvotes
Bradford
Atomix84 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:28 pm
No luck... I tried "discover devices" 4 times with only the "meross smart" skill enabled and linked, nothing found. As soon as I enable and link the non-smart meross skill it prompts to discover devices, then finds the garage door no problem...
Same here for me. I need both skills installed.
Dec 2, 2006
501 posts
57 upvotes
Bradford
Meross app on iPhone shows you garage opener install instructions. I followed them. Doesn’t work like is says.
Images
  • 522E27DD-2307-4EAB-B822-CF9373479DBA.png
Mar 11, 2018
23 posts
14 upvotes
Even with both skills installed I don't have the option to unlock/open the garage door by voice. I don't see the option to enable this as previously shown in this thread...
Dec 2, 2006
501 posts
57 upvotes
Bradford
Atomix84 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 12:31 pm
Even with both skills installed I don't have the option to unlock/open the garage door by voice. I don't see the option to enable this as previously shown in this thread...
did you try " alexa open smart meross"
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4169 posts
819 upvotes
Wat
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 6:45 pm
I used my own tapping screws for the bottom sensor which is affixed to the top of the door in the centre, you can see drill shavings magnetized to them lol

You will need to leave space between the sensors so they don’t knock each other when the door raises in an arc. I forget the space tolerance but I have not had a single false reading. This always transmits as “Closed”.

So I ended up having to set up my sensors exactly like the way you have it. I think I have an even bigger gap than you, but it still registers as closed. I couldn't find any spot on the side of the garage door to mount the sensor without it hitting something while the door is opening/closing. Maybe if the sensor was half the height that it is. Oh well, it's working now.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11857 posts
5933 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Cool! Great device, my wife loves opening the garage and remote starting her car from inside.

The other day she left the garage door open after taking out the garbage. I received the 15min notification, and I remotely shut it from work.
Oct 3, 2006
659 posts
234 upvotes
Weird... can't find smart meross in the discover of google home...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4953 posts
1659 upvotes
Canuckland
Found two very important features missing
  1. Cannot override closing or opening
  2. Does not close automatically after being open for too long
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11857 posts
5933 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DealCanuck wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 1:11 pm
Found two very important features missing
  1. Cannot override closing or opening
  2. Does not close automatically after being open for too long
1. No, we have to wait for it to open or close completely before doing the reverse again in the app/Alexa/google, unless we over-ride it with the wall switch, a physical remote/Homelink. Or we have a beam, it's obstructed and it won't close at all anyway.
2. That doesn't sound like a safe feature. Scenario, I open it remotely a few blocks away in my car, I get to my house, go inside and come back out to do something in the garage, it suddenly decides to close on me after x minutes. We get a 15min notification which is good.
Jan 7, 2014
882 posts
249 upvotes
calgary
mine works great.
i have a linear LD050
Last edited by blitz23 on Feb 23rd, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2014
882 posts
249 upvotes
calgary
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 1:41 pm
1. No, we have to wait for it to open or close completely before doing the reverse again in the app/Alexa/google, unless we over-ride it with the wall switch, a physical remote/Homelink. Or we have a beam, it's obstructed and it won't close at all anyway.
2. That doesn't sound like a safe feature. Scenario, I open it remotely a few blocks away in my car, I get to my house, go inside and come back out to do something in the garage, it suddenly decides to close on me after x minutes. We get a 15min notification which is good.
i have a camera in the garage so i can double check it the garage is closed