Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, APP Control, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, No Hub Nee

Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1325 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
RedruM7 wrote: Are you one of the unlucky ones with an incompatible opener? Or am I the only one? (Purple learn button) I asked this a bit earlier and it would seem like it so far.
Was wondering if anyones tried the remote hack or if its worth it. Sounds like you did the hack and soldered into a remote?? If so, how did that go?
It also says yellow programming button also doesn't work. I have a chamberlain with yellow and it's on the not compatible list, unless I pull apart a remote and solder wires.
Graphic Designer
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Wiseman wrote: Yup, I'm going to do the same, but when I hit the wall, just run it to the left or right side of the garage door and attach the sensors on the side of the door, if there is enough wire.. Did you have alot of extra wire left once you reached your garage door?
There's lots, I did it in reverse. Mounted the sensor and ran the wire back, coiled and zip tied the extra wire by the Meross body (didn't cut, I'm taking it with me if we move). Paired with a Wyze cam, wife just left:

Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
RedruM7 wrote: Are you one of the unlucky ones with an incompatible opener? Or am I the only one? (Purple learn button) I asked this a bit earlier and it would seem like it so far.
Was wondering if anyones tried the remote hack or if its worth it. Sounds like you did the hack and soldered into a remote?? If so, how did that go?
I've done the remote hack (not for use with Meross, but other solution). It's easy to do and does not require awesome soldering skills. I have 2 garage doors, so I actually wired up to two buttons on one remote. I was thinking of doing it directly at the wall control, but for me it was safer to use a spare remote and also eliminated the need to run wires from the wall control. Only issue I've had is that I had to replace the battery twice (I think the second time I might have been a used battery in my collection).
Oct 18, 2005
571 posts
98 upvotes
Thornhill
BobSagget wrote: If you're referring to the fact that you have to say like "Ok Google, ask Smart Meross to open garage door" instead of just "ok google, open garage door", you can set up a routine for that.

Just copy this routine below. Then make another routine but for closing the door. Once set up, you no longer need to say the whole mouthful, just "hey google, open garage door" or "hey google, close garage door".
Works Great! The only issue is that sometimes I need to say it twice, since the first time doesn't work. Eventhough the Meross voice says the door is open, it's not. I say the command again, and then it opens.
For closing, works everytime on the 1st try.
Sep 2, 2007
367 posts
309 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I've done the remote hack (not for use with Meross, but other solution). It's easy to do and does not require awesome soldering skills. I have 2 garage doors, so I actually wired up to two buttons on one remote. I was thinking of doing it directly at the wall control, but for me it was safer to use a spare remote and also eliminated the need to run wires from the wall control. Only issue I've had is that I had to replace the battery twice (I think the second time I might have been a used battery in my collection).
Cool, good to know! Thanks for the info. I was wondering if its worth going thru this hack rather than returning and buying the MyQ etc. (without the silly subscriptions because I use voice assistants and I feel thats really really dumb you have to subscribe).
However I do feel like I'd rather try hacking into the wall button instead like you said so A. I wouldn't have to worry about the battery B. I can keep the garage remote for my car and C. would be a cleaner wall mounted install imo.

Probably should be the same process with similar soldering/connection points I'd imagine?

Update: I actually emailed Meross about it a few days ago and they gave me the heads up they are making a new RF version and I can get mine replaced with this new model in around 1-2 months if I can wait. So pretty good to hear from this company and this new model is definitely the way I thought would best work universally and with easier installation as well. So far Meross seems pretty good in my books so I'm probably going to wait and try this new model.
Jul 11, 2018
57 posts
69 upvotes
I installed it yesterday and it works like a charm for me. Took about 20 mins to install and works great. Thanks to whomever had the voice routines suggestions.

On a side note the product is now completely gone from Amazon, so I'm wondering if this was a blowout to make space for the new rf model.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
Anyone else experience any weirdness with a Chamberlain/Craftsman setup? I have it successfully installed but every time I use the Meross to open/close the door (through app, or through google integration), the Craftsman wall switch (wired) goes out, as if it loses power. It doesn't power back on until the door opener has stopped working. The wall switch still works as normal after this, it powers on/off and the motion sensing will turn the lights on.
Aug 22, 2005
231 posts
185 upvotes
Got it, installed on my incompatible unit, and works like a charm. If your unit has the 2 connections for a wall switch, this will work for you. I looked at the « hacks » for non compatible models by ripping open a remote, but nobody should actually need to sacrifice a remote to get it to work.
Jul 7, 2010
96 posts
75 upvotes
The one I built wired directly into the unit so I didn't need to mess with the remote or rolling codes. If you look at the link I posted you can see the way it wires into the opener. Coincidentally, the picture in the guide has a unit with a purple learn button!
I spend too much money thanks to RFD.
Dec 18, 2017
240 posts
137 upvotes
GVA
Offering a service via the cloud and/or with support without a consumer charge is a rare sustainable business model. Once revenue from selling hardware slows down then it's difficult to continue providing service. Probably the company play here is to get an installed base and then sell to one of the bigger companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, etc. That has been going on for a while now.... I.E. Ring Doorbell.
Jul 12, 2003
324 posts
23 upvotes
Victoria
Got mine installed in less than 30 mins too, hardest/longest part was finding a spot for the sensors. Super easy setup!
Oct 18, 2005
571 posts
98 upvotes
Thornhill
goofball wrote: Anyone else experience any weirdness with a Chamberlain/Craftsman setup? I have it successfully installed but every time I use the Meross to open/close the door (through app, or through google integration), the Craftsman wall switch (wired) goes out, as if it loses power. It doesn't power back on until the door opener has stopped working. The wall switch still works as normal after this, it powers on/off and the motion sensing will turn the lights on.
Yeah I noticed it with my chamberlain. I was going to rewire it today thinking maybe the wires are lose. But if you have the same issue it might be something else.
Aug 22, 2005
231 posts
185 upvotes
TheGreatGazoo wrote: Offering a service via the cloud and/or with support without a consumer charge is a rare sustainable business model. Once revenue from selling hardware slows down then it's difficult to continue providing service. Probably the company play here is to get an installed base and then sell to one of the bigger companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, etc. That has been going on for a while now.... I.E. Ring Doorbell.
Then we pray for a slow death to the system, or that the install base is big enough that someone takes the time to find a workaround. The consumer memory is short, even if they have been burned before, they will still buy the cheaper device to save a few bucks up front.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
an2one wrote: Yeah I noticed it with my chamberlain. I was going to rewire it today thinking maybe the wires are lose. But if you have the same issue it might be something else.
I checked and the wires don't seem loose. Maybe I'll twist the wires together instead of putting them in the way I have them now.
Also, something else that's weird, and maybe not related but I can't seem to use the wireless remotes to open the garage door from the laneway. They are still synced as they work when I'm in the garage or at the door from the house. They just don't work when I'm outside of the garage door. The wireless keypad works still, so I don't know if it's a specific frequency that the remotes are being blocked from specifically, or something else.

May also try wiring to the wall remote pins, to see if that stops the wall remote from power cycling.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
TheGreatGazoo wrote: Offering a service via the cloud and/or with support without a consumer charge is a rare sustainable business model. Once revenue from selling hardware slows down then it's difficult to continue providing service. Probably the company play here is to get an installed base and then sell to one of the bigger companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, etc. That has been going on for a while now.... I.E. Ring Doorbell.
That's assuming they don't make other products or evolve their current products. As most agree, it's only $47 and hardly costly to get into it now and enjoy. Same could be said for Wyze, those statements are not going to prevent people buying them. I would bank the cost of operational ownership is the least here even if it needs to be changed out later.
Mar 19, 2003
664 posts
310 upvotes
Anyone able to get this showing up in their Google Home app? I tried linking and it doesn’t show up.
Jul 8, 2014
279 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
dablackgoku1234 wrote: Anyone able to get this showing up in their Google Home app? I tried linking and it doesn’t show up.
Same, it doesn't seem to be connecting.
Jul 28, 2004
549 posts
91 upvotes
Regina
BlazingMan wrote: Same, it doesn't seem to be connecting.
Yeah it doesn't appear. You have to set it up as a routine. For help, go into you Methods app, click the user icon and from there you will see Google Assistant. On that page there is a link for the garage door opener that tells you how to use it with Google Assistant.

Basically you have to create a routine or use a routine and say, Hey Google tell Smart Methods to open/close the garage door.
Jul 8, 2014
279 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jmoe316 wrote: Yeah it doesn't appear. You have to set it up as a routine. For help, go into you Methods app, click the user icon and from there you will see Google Assistant. On that page there is a link for the garage door opener that tells you how to use it with Google Assistant.

Basically you have to create a routine or use a routine and say, Hey Google tell Smart Methods to open/close the garage door.
Thanks. Worked perfectly.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
goofball wrote: I checked and the wires don't seem loose. Maybe I'll twist the wires together instead of putting them in the way I have them now.
Also, something else that's weird, and maybe not related but I can't seem to use the wireless remotes to open the garage door from the laneway. They are still synced as they work when I'm in the garage or at the door from the house. They just don't work when I'm outside of the garage door. The wireless keypad works still, so I don't know if it's a specific frequency that the remotes are being blocked from specifically, or something else.

May also try wiring to the wall remote pins, to see if that stops the wall remote from power cycling.
You didn't happen to install some led lights in the garage recently? They are a potential source of interference.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)