Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, APP Control, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, No Hub Nee

Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11926 posts
1429 upvotes
Kanata
GT!! wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 7:56 pm
You didn't happen to install some led lights in the garage recently? They are a potential source of interference.
I do have LED lights (both in the opener and in the ceiling), they have been installed for years without any issue.
I moved the Meross to be about 8 inches above the Craftsman opener, no issues now, can easily open from the end of the driveway. I had previously installed the meross directly on top of the Craftsman.
Still have the weirdness with the wall control turning off when using the Meross. Redid the wiring and it didn't fix the issue. Not a huge deal for me, just resets the clock when I use it.

For those wanting to use it with Google Home/Assistant, add by linking the Smart MeRoss and create a custom routine like "When I say "open the garage door'", have Google "Ask Smart Meross to open the garage door".
Mar 28, 2018
36 posts
4 upvotes
Since this is sold out, what's the next best option? Do any systems open multiple garage door openers? I have 2...
Apr 27, 2009
210 posts
63 upvotes
West Vancouver
The supplier could be clearing inventory as it appears that the opener is not compliant with American safety standards for unattended operation of garage dooropeners, specifically missing buzzer and warning lights. Maybe a new compliant models is in the pipeline or ?
Edit
The regulation covers this device as an accessory.

Extracted from the regulation text on text

Additional requirements for
unattended operation. The revised UL
325 added a new section titled,
‘‘Unattended operation control
accessory,’’ which provides additional
requirements for unattended operation
of GDOs, including remote monitoring
and unattended activation via wireless
or internet-connected devices. To
ensure safe unattended operation of
GDOs, the new requirements clarify
visual and audible alarm operation,
include provisions for maintaining
compliance with the entrapment
protection of an external accessory, and
provides the necessary instructions and
markings. (New § 1211.14(f)).
Last edited by Randy6560 on Feb 10th, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2014
718 posts
204 upvotes
calgary
got mine already and connected thru app.. waiting to warm up to install
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11926 posts
1429 upvotes
Kanata
Randy6560 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 1:05 am
The supplier could be clearing inventory as it appears that the opener is not compliant with American safety standards for unattended operation of garage dooropeners, specifically missing buzzer and warning lights. Maybe a new compliant models is in the pipeline or ?
Wouldn't that be on the actual manufacturer of the physical garage door opener to implement that? This is essentially the same as a wall switch. AFAIK, the wireless keyboard/wall control do not offer buzzer or warning lights. At least, my craftsman wall/remote controls don't do that; the body of the opener will do the clicking/flashing if there's a problem/safety issue.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25740 posts
11913 upvotes
Ottawa
goofball wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 7:55 am
Wouldn't that be on the actual manufacturer of the physical garage door opener to implement that? This is essentially the same as a wall switch. AFAIK, the wireless keyboard/wall control do not offer buzzer or warning lights. At least, my craftsman wall/remote controls don't do that; the body of the opener will do the clicking/flashing if there's a problem/safety issue.
When closing a Chamberlain GDO remotely, there's a delay, audible warning and flashing lights before the door starts moving.
Apr 27, 2009
210 posts
63 upvotes
West Vancouver
goofball wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 7:55 am
The MyQ WiFi remote garage door opener add on unit includes a buzzer and strobe light so as to be compliant with regulations. Older garage door openers did not have a buzzer or stobe light.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11926 posts
1429 upvotes
Kanata
Randy6560 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 10:45 am
The MyQ WiFi remote garage door opener add on unit includes a buzzer and strobe light so as to be compliant with regulations. Older garage door openers did not have a buzzer or stobe light.
That's fair. My unit is from 2009 and doesn't do anything like that when opening using the wall switch. It just turns the light on the GDO on, and that's all the alert I get. Is it a newer regulation that this is a requirement now?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1180 posts
124 upvotes
Brampton
Does anyone know if adding access for multiple family members requires each one to pair with the device or do they sign in under the original meross account or do they each create a new one? I can access and operate the opener but I am having trouble getting it to work with other family members. If anyone can offer any suggestions, they would be appreciated.
Apr 27, 2009
210 posts
63 upvotes
West Vancouver
goofball wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:25 am
That's fair. My unit is from 2009 and doesn't do anything like that when opening using the wall switch. It just turns the light on the GDO on, and that's all the alert I get. Is it a newer regulation that this is a requirement now?
This is an American regulation and I don't think there is a Canadian equivalent. The regulation does not apply to units that were opened by a wall switch. The rational for the regulation was that someone using a wall switch typically can see if it is safe to close the door and if the individual closing the door cannot visually see the area around the door there must be an audio and visual warning.
Jul 8, 2014
198 posts
126 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Not able to use the wireless remote to open the garage now, but still able to close. Anyone know why?
Dec 2, 2006
487 posts
54 upvotes
Bradford
any one actually get this to work with alexa ?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11290 posts
5398 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Zat wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:04 pm
any one actually get this to work with alexa ?
Yes, add Smart Meross skill. Say "Alexa, ask Smart Meross to open/close garage door (or whatever name you gave it)".
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11926 posts
1429 upvotes
Kanata
BlazingMan wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 4:03 pm
Not able to use the wireless remote to open the garage now, but still able to close. Anyone know why?
Try moving the meross, do you have it installed directly onto the door opener body? I had to move mine above about 10-12" (strapped it to the bars holding the garage door motor), and then I was able to use the factory wireless remotes to work from afar. Otherwise, the range was about 10 ft (the wireless keypad on the other side of the garage door would work but that was as far as any other wireless remote would work).
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11290 posts
5398 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Also check your connections that the original wires where you inserted the MSG100 wires are still intact and contacting the way they were before. I actually braided the 2 wires together in each slot to ensure this.