• Nov 10th, 2018 5:31 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2002
541 posts
727 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Miele Blizzard CX1 Bagless Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum $750

https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41KCE037CDN ... 074KQM6BK/

Amazon has the bagless Miele Blizzard on sale
Bought one of the C3 cat and dog ones last year and we are quite happy with it. Way better than our Dyson's but double the price.

Costco has this for $999. Same as bestbuy
I know last year they had an extended warranty offer as well
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 10th, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link and retailer
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6977 posts
1849 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
How does this compare to the bagged ones? I have the C3.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2002
541 posts
727 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:35 am
How does this compare to the bagged ones? I have the C3.
It doesn't use a bagGrinning Face

No idea have the bagged one too and I love it
May 12, 2014
714 posts
328 upvotes
Markham, ON
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:13 am
Amazon has the bagless Miele Blizzard on sale
Bought one of the C3 cat and dog ones last year and we are quite happy with it. Way better than our Dyson's but double the price.
Hi OP, can you elaborate on what make this vacuum better than the Dyson you have and what model Dyson vacuum are you comparing to?
I'm not trying to start a flame war, just wondering as my Dyson canister is over 10 years old and the motor head is starting to get intermittent. The only thing I don't like about this vacuum is the weight.
Mar 22, 2017
71 posts
47 upvotes
I love miele vacuums (well, as much as anyone can love a vacuum). They're powerful, quiet, effective and really reliable. Not quite buy-it-for-life, but almost.

I honestly do prefer the bags versus bagless, though - bag vacuums just work better, since they will filter through the entire bag material and every time the bag is tossed it's refreshed. Better air flow over time, better filtration without suction issues, and it's tidier.

That being said, if you're the owner of hairy, shedding animals and are hence a high-volume high-frequency vacuumer, I guess the cost of bags (which are fairly cheap under normal use) adds up. Cost of filters will add up too, but hopefully slower!
[OP]
Jul 3, 2002
541 posts
727 upvotes
Bobberts wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:56 am
Hi OP, can you elaborate on what make this vacuum better than the Dyson you have and what model Dyson vacuum are you comparing to?
I'm not trying to start a flame war, just wondering as my Dyson canister is over 10 years old and the motor head is starting to get intermittent. The only thing I don't like about this vacuum is the weight.
We loved our first Dyson vacuum that we bought 15 years ago and it lasted a long time. We then went through 3 more dysons that were suppose to be better/newer, etc. Had problems with them all (battery issues with the handheld, power/suction with the floor models). The design of Dyson is nice and I liked their handheld ones too, but this is just a superior vacuum in everyway. The Miele is just way better built and is better at its job. Some people like the bagless vacuums better and I thought we did too until we went back to a bag vacuum. Yes, there is an added expense, but you are not emptying the vacuum all the time either. We've had this vacuum (same model but the bag one) for a year and have gone through maybe $30 worth of bags. The power head on he Miele blows anything the Dyson has. You just can't compare the two. So if you have any carpet the Miele will outperform the Dyson everyday. If your 10 year old Dyson is still working, keep using it until it dies. No need to spend $750 on a new vacuum unless you need one. The only reason we bought the Miele was we were having so many problems with Dyson and I was done buying their products. Hope that helps
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2534 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I didn't realize Miele finally capitulated and made bagless vacuums now. We have a small Dyson which I've never liked much (feels cheap), so this would be a great option.

Also on Amazon I noticed they have two other Miele bakes options on sale:

Total Care. https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41KCE036CDN ... ms?ie=UTF8

Hard Floor. https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41KCE038CDN ... 7R2M2W9DX7

Both cheaper, I'm assuming it's just a difference in attachments. Ironically, the hard surface version (which I want) seems to come with a head that scratches hardwood floors!!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20268 posts
134575 upvotes
GTA
Nice discount on a model that came out last year, though I would say that the bagless Miele, while likely better than a Dyson, seems to have more complexity to it (i.e. additional things that can break) vs. the bagged Mieles. One of the key differences is that the fine particles are separated into a separate container with a pleated filter inside it, in an effort to keep the 'dust cloud' to a minimum when emptying. That's well and good, but what they have done is added sensors to the exhaust/outflow of this container to determine when it needs to be automatically cleaned. This automatic cleaning is then done by a separate motor which 'shakes' the dust off of the filter. Ultimately though, the container/filter still needs to be washed under the tap (and obviously fully dried before using again) from time to time.

Seems to be a lot of over-engineering going on here in an attempt to steal some of Dyson's share of the bagless market. Personally, if you are going to spend this kind of money already, I would just wait for a sale/promo on the bagged Miele canisters. The bags are not much of an expense in the grand scheme of things (i.e. it's not as if they need to be changed each time) and they will definitely help if you have allergies.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2631 posts
230 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 12:01 pm
Thanks OP. I didn't realize Miele finally capitulated and made bagless vacuums now. We have a small Dyson which I've never liked much (feels cheap), so this would be a great option.

Also on Amazon I noticed they have two other Miele bakes options on sale:

Total Care. https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41KCE036CDN ... ms?ie=UTF8

Hard Floor. https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41KCE038CDN ... 7R2M2W9DX7

Both cheaper, I'm assuming it's just a difference in attachments. Ironically, the hard surface version (which I want) seems to come with a head that scratches hardwood floors!!
it doesn't scratch floors unless either the user was an idiot or the floors are so delicate that sweeping would cause issues

i have seen idiots before not know that the bristles are supposed to extend when you go over hardfloor and you retract them when they go over carpet.
some people have done it reverse then complain that it's noisy and scratches the floor

also, the hardfloor version was and is on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond for $499 in the stores that have them.
Jun 26, 2007
525 posts
265 upvotes
I'd pick up the bagged version because it's cheaper and the suction is a little bit better. In fact, I bought a compact C2 like year.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)