Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Milton Industries S-920 Tire Gauge 10-70 Psi with Tire Depth Gauge $8.26 Add-on

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2021 4:53 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays

[Amazon.ca] Milton Industries S-920 Tire Gauge 10-70 Psi with Tire Depth Gauge $8.26 Add-on

Milton Industries S-920 Tire Gauge 10-70 Psi with Tire Depth Gauge. Add-on item.
This is a very good quality tire gauge that should last a lifetime.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002YK ... UTF8&psc=1
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC

Its probably a very good tire pressure gauge, but as a tread depth gauge, it could be too bulky to fit between the treads on some tires and it doesn't have a flat surface to be able to get an accurate reading like a proper depth indicator would have.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
SizzleChest wrote:
Its probably a very good tire pressure gauge, but as a tread depth gauge, it could be too bulky to fit between the treads on some tires and it doesn't have a flat surface to be able to get an accurate reading like a proper depth indicator would have.
I've always used a penny, so it's definitely a step up for me! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
smacd wrote: I've always used a penny, so it's definitely a step up for me! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Definitely but a proper Milton depth gauge is less than $10 as well.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2696 posts
592 upvotes
North York
SizzleChest wrote: Image

Are you looking at the same picture I am?

No issues measuring any of the tires I've tried to from snow, to all season to track tires.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
cliff wrote: Are you looking at the same picture I am?

No issues measuring any of the tires I've tried to from snow, to all season to track tires.
Which picture are you referring to? The one that I posted is of a proper depth gauge (with the flat flange and thin probe). The one in the OP uses the same square probe that displays the tire pressure readout and no flange.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
SizzleChest wrote: Which picture are you referring to? The one that I posted is of a proper depth gauge (with the flat flange and thin probe). The one in the OP uses the same square probe that displays the tire pressure readout and no flange.
Actually, it's not apparent from the photos, but the probe is divided in half, so it's triangular along the depth gauge portion. All of which is beside the fact that this is primarily a very sturdy, metal bodied tire pressure gauge, much better than the flimsy "chromed plastic" models sold for $10 at CT or PA.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
(Edited...failure to read on my part)

I have both the pressure gauge and the tread depth gauge. The pressure gauge I have never used it to measure tire depth as I use a separate tool for it. Will definitely last you a lifetime...unless it magically walks off. I bought a Milton inflation tool with the psi readout from the KMS sale thread awhile back. Solid device.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
rancid82 wrote: (Edited...failure to read on my part)

I have both the pressure gauge and the tread depth gauge. The pressure gauge I have never used it to measure tire depth as I use a separate tool for it. Will definitely last you a lifetime...unless it magically walks off. I bought a Milton inflation tool with the psi readout from the KMS sale thread awhile back. Solid device.
It's actually not the combo, the gauge has the bottom 3/4ths of an inch split into a triangle and graduated into 16ths for half of an inch. You can somewhat see it here: https://www.miltonindustries.com/gauges ... epth-gauge if you look at the 3rd picture.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
smacd wrote: It's actually not the combo, the gauge has the bottom 3/4ths of an inch split into a triangle and graduated into 16ths for half of an inch. You can somewhat see it here: https://www.miltonindustries.com/gauges ... epth-gauge if you look at the 3rd picture.
Oh I know...edited my post. Dumbass couldn't read properly. Lol!

These are defo tools you wanna buy proper the first time round.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
smacd wrote: Actually, it's not apparent from the photos, but the probe is divided in half, so it's triangular along the depth gauge portion. All of which is beside the fact that this is primarily a very sturdy, metal bodied tire pressure gauge, much better than the flimsy "chromed plastic" models sold for $10 at CT or PA.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/pocket- ... 0004252235

Thumbs up for Milton quality, but they can be had for $10 too (not on sale)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)