Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

MINIX NEO U9-H, 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub for Android [2GB/16GB/4K/HDR/XBMC]. Sold Directly by MINIX® EXPIRED

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 8:46 am
Feb 28, 2017
415 posts
756 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] MINIX NEO U9-H, 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub for Android [2GB/16GB/4K/HDR/XBMC]. Sold Directly by MINIX® EXPIRED

edit:

Deal is no longer available. Price is 179 now. Please move to the expired deals section thanks!

Hello RFD,

This is Amazons Deal of the day.

A solid 4k Android Box that you can load IP TV onto. This is $219.99 on NCIX and way better than the Xiaomi Mi Box. At $125, this is a steal.

Buy before stock runs out!

Good luck and happy hunting
Last edited by BKfromthe6 on Nov 2nd, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I cant tell if im addicted to RFD or good deals
70 replies
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not sure this is better than Mi Box? It runs Android Marshmallow vs an actual version of Android TV, so using a remote won't be as user friendly.

Also maybe it is just me, but I've had issues getting Netflix to work on these types of generic Android boxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5334 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Matricom G2 from Costco for 99. Would this be better then that ? Sorry I’m a noob . I have an Amazon Fire TV first gen but oddly enough can’t run Amazon Prime Video on that cause of geolocation error.
Feb 28, 2017
415 posts
756 upvotes
robotfood wrote: Not sure this is better than Mi Box? It runs Android Marshmallow vs an actual version of Android TV, so using a remote won't be as user friendly.

Also maybe it is just me, but I've had issues getting Netflix to work on these types of generic Android boxes.
Yes a full android software so you can load Kodi and get IP TV to work, which means Live TV Channels. Netflix will work fine as it does on any Android device
Aug 23, 2014
435 posts
237 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Minix Build good quality boxes, and charges a lot for them, yet they dont give updates. They do have updates with bug fixes, but no major updates. I bought X8-h for around $180 and it is stuck with android 4, where even the new Kodi doesnt work. The X8-H is very capable to run newer Android versions. I think they dont want to invest in the older boxes.

I would recommend the Mi Box , at least you get updates.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
I’d say Nvidia shield tv is the #1 choice for android tv box,sometimes amazon warehouse deals are hot compare what you pay and what you get, system update is never an issue.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5334 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
I bit the bullet. No tax for one. And second if you buy with the A2 remote which I read is highly recommended usually 30 down to 15 if bought together.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
robotfood wrote: Not sure this is better than Mi Box? It runs Android Marshmallow vs an actual version of Android TV, so using a remote won't be as user friendly.

no.. The MiBox is much better. Less onboard storage though.

Android TV is much better than Android on TV
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
Personally I would stay away from Minix, they have horrible support and business practices, I got burned buying a Minix X8-H for 160$ and it never got a single worthwhile update.

a quick google search reveals thousands in the same boat because their minix are now useless due to lack of upgrades.

company couldn't care less.
Feb 28, 2017
415 posts
756 upvotes
I know peole using the Minix box still after 2 years anf no complaints, no lag no stuttter. Good product and good specs, solid android box. Return if you dont like it, its amazon...
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
I've got this. Blows the MiBox out of the water. Their current flagship, it is constantly being updated.

By the way, it's always much cheaper than $219 on Amazon. Paying that much at NCIX is a bad joke.

However, if you bite the bullet, get the A2 or A3 (with voice control) keyboard remote. The rudimentary stock remote is a major pain, especially when you need to type.

https://www.amazon.ca/Keyboard-Six-Axis ... s=minix+a2
Last edited by FatWallet on Nov 2nd, 2017 9:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad I already gotten a Leelbox M9S Pro.
At this price, it brings it on par with the lesser brands.

Any price higher than this deal's price I wouldn't get this.
Minix used to be great, but not so much anymore due to their higher price and lack of software support.
Jan 3, 2009
149 posts
76 upvotes
Kanata
Minix tv boxes are great quality...I have both an X7 and this unit the U9. Never a problem with either of them. Updates may not be frequent, but Minix support seems to be always there.

I had a Shield TV box and despite everyone saying it's so great, I found that their software was too restrictive and wouldn't allow me to install apps that I had purchased through the Play Store. So I returned it.

I had a Matricom MX2 and a H96 Pro plus and both were glitchy as hell and constantly freezing up, requiring repeated hard resets/rebooting. I returned them as well.

Great price for the Minix U9
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
what about the krack exploit. Any links to show its been patched
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
rui wrote: I’d say Nvidia shield tv is the #1 choice for android tv box,sometimes amazon warehouse deals are hot compare what you pay and what you get, system update is never an issue.
I bought one on Monday through the warehouse deals. It was $158 and in perfect condition. Still surprised by the price.
Nov 6, 2007
376 posts
246 upvotes
London
Long time owner of the X8-H+ and it's still the best box I own (I own several MXIII & NVIDIA Shield). I picked one of these up to change out an MXIII. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
grimm wrote:

I had a Shield TV box and despite everyone saying it's so great, I found that their software was too restrictive and wouldn't allow me to install apps that I had purchased through the Play Store. So I returned it.
You could have just side loaded the paid app and Google Play would have recognized it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
BKfromthe6 wrote: I know peole using the Minix box still after 2 years anf no complaints, no lag no stuttter. Good product and good specs, solid android box. Return if you dont like it, its amazon...
Most may not care, but this is just fulfilled by amazon, not sold by them (although it is sold by the manufacturer in this case). That means when you return the item, Amazon does not refund the seller the fulfillment fees and the seller is at a loss on that transaction. Again, most won't care, but it's something to be aware of when the item is not sold by Amazon, nothing is coming out of their pockets.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
tietherope wrote: Most may not care, but this is just fulfilled by amazon, not sold by them (although it is sold by the manufacturer in this case). That means when you return the item, Amazon does not refund the seller the fulfillment fees and the seller is at a loss on that transaction. Again, most won't care, but it's something to be aware of when the item is not sold by Amazon, nothing is coming out of their pockets.
That's the nature of dealing with the beast.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
evoviii wrote: That's the nature of dealing with the beast.
Right and it should be built into your selling costs. I'm just giving some info as a lot of people think it's only Amazon in the equation and would maybe want to do things differently if they knew this. I'm not saying anyone is in the wrong for returning stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)