Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Mophie 12,000 mAh Powerstation Plus XL w/built-in Cable - $70.89 ($29 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
136 posts
246 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Mophie 12,000 mAh Powerstation Plus XL w/built-in Cable - $70.89 ($29 off)

I've been eyeing this charger for awhile because it has a built in cable, which is extremely convenient. I hate to have to lug around a charge cable. This is currently the lowest price ever on Amazon.ca based on CCC.

NOTE: $70.89 is Amazon's price, 3rd-party price is even lower at $59.99. Buyer beware. I originally bought through this 3rd-party without realizing and immediately cancelled because I wasn't sure if I could trust this 3rd-party seller. Prove me wrong because I'd like to save another $10 if possible.

This is the next step of USB-C technology. We’ve combined the highest quality lithium polymer batteries and a built-in USB-C charging cable for maximum performance in a compact design. The 12,000mAh battery delivers up to 18W USB-C PD fast-charging speed, and can add 45 hours* of power to your device. The additional 15W fast-charging USB-A output lets you charge a second device simultaneously.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/universal-ba ... xl?a92=188
33 replies
Nov 22, 2015
500 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
JustinZ wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:53 am
Costco 10,000 mah for $15 ...
But this has a built in cable mannn
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
"The #1 and most trusted brand in portable power"

Really? Maybe it's just me, but this is the first time I've ever heard of "mophie".

In any case, to be frank, this seems massively overpriced for what it is, unless I'm missing something?
Oct 11, 2009
185 posts
155 upvotes
BC
Actually so expensive for this kind of battery. I bought a xiamo 20000mah power battery ( $15 only) which I have been using for 4 years. It can still fully charge two of my iPhones in less than 2 hours. I always carry it around when it travel.
Aug 1, 2013
270 posts
129 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
repatch wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:55 pm

Really? Maybe it's just me, but this is the first time I've ever heard of "mophie".

In any case, to be frank, this seems massively overpriced for what it is, unless I'm missing something?
They used to be really big with iphone battery cases and a few android ones but phone batteries have gotten slightly better and battery pack cases are not a huge demand anymore. Also apple made their own. They also used to be fairly big on just portable batteries but with aukey, anker, zerolemon, etc. they got displaced in the market.
To buy or not to buy...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11388 posts
20561 upvotes
Scarborough
You're paying a hefty premium just to have that short cable built in to the charger. I've got a few Anker batteries and they come with little mesh bags to carry them around in which I keep a short cable tucked in to.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4779 posts
1114 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:23 pm
You're paying a hefty premium just to have that short cable built in to the charger. I've got a few Anker batteries and they come with little mesh bags to carry them around in which I keep a short cable tucked in to.
The premium you pay is for the brand i believe.

Mophie have always been overpriced.

Therefore the question... Does it hot ?

Does it ?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13064 posts
1407 upvotes
Mississauga
repatch wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:55 pm

Mophie has been around for a while. They popularized themselves with focusing on Apple. At a premium price point.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:23 pm
But that's the thing: I don't WANT the cable attached, I want a cable that I can use to charge my device either from the power bank OR a USB power source (i.e. my laptop, or an AC adapter, or the USB outlet in the plane). I'd have to carry a separate cable anyways
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:41 pm
Mophie has been around for a while. They popularized themselves with focusing on Apple. At a premium price point.
And that makes them "The #1 and most trusted brand"?

I just hate marketing fluff. And I am the #1 and more trusted person in the world... :)