Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Mora Light My Fire Knife $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2018 10:04 am
Mar 20, 2017
361 posts
614 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Mora Light My Fire Knife $29.99

I was looking into getting a new camping knife and saw this for a great price, also looked at some other retailers like MEC which has it for over $40. The lowest price on camelx3 is $27.99 so it's currently is a bit more than that, but seems to be a great price if you're looking for a knife for camping!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
xXKEIXx wrote: what's the difference between that and this?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06Y18 ... bw_c_x_2_w

And then you can get the fire starter for cheap too.
stainless steel vs carbon steel
3.75" vs 3.6" blade
built in firesteel

not sure if this is worth 3x more than the Mora craftsline but this is likely a higher range of the Mora line.
Mar 20, 2017
361 posts
614 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: what's the difference between that and this?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06Y18 ... bw_c_x_2_w

And then you can get the fire starter for cheap too.

I personally purchased this one as it offers two things I need in a compact package, also stainless steel is a bit better for camping IMO.

EDIT: Alternatively you can purchase a ferrocerium rod on ebay and flatten out the top of the blade you linked :)
Mar 17, 2015
965 posts
1981 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Great deal OP! Lee Valley sells same for $49.99.

I purchased this Bushcraft Carbon steel a few years ago & love it! First time I ever spent money on a decent knife & I highly recommend Mora knives now. I have batoned, hacked, cut, & used mine to carve -- it holds up phenomenally! Alternatively, there is a Bushcraft Stainless Steel (currently on sale for $64.99) too.
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
hoody123 wrote: Biggest difference would be blade material. Light my Fire is stainless, the one you linked is carbon steel. I'm not ranking, each has advantages.
knife noob, can you elaborate the difference?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
xXKEIXx wrote: knife noob, can you elaborate the difference?
Well, you're gonna likely want stainless then ;) Basically, stainless is less prone to rust and deterioration where carbon steel you'll need to keep clean and dry.
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
xXKEIXx wrote: knife noob, can you elaborate the difference?
hoody123 wrote: Well, you're gonna likely want stainless then ;) Basically, stainless is less prone to rust and deterioration where carbon steel you'll need to keep clean and dry.
I would also add that carbon steel knives are a harder steel in general which translates to holding that scandi grind longer than the stainless steel, all other things being equal.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7025 upvotes
GTA North
Wheatboy wrote: Great deal OP! Lee Valley sells same for $49.99.

I purchased this Bushcraft Carbon steel a few years ago & love it! First time I ever spent money on a decent knife & I highly recommend Mora knives now. I have batoned, hacked, cut, & used mine to carve -- it holds up phenomenally! Alternatively, there is a Bushcraft Stainless Steel (currently on sale for $64.99) too.
Does anyone know if Lee Valley does price matching?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
Knife blade chemistry is a big deal and long drawn out massive debates. Like others have mentioned stainless is softer but less rust prone is bends and flexes. Carbon steal rusts easily but holds an edge much better it can also snap if used improperly.

Link to blade hq for the steel...
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Damn you RFD.... (thanks OP!)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
aljudeh wrote: Not anymore $29
Untrue. When you buy from amazon.ca as a seller, it's still $29.99, just doesn't ship until Sept 30.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1252 posts
977 upvotes
AirTimid wrote: Untrue. When you buy from amazon.ca as a seller, it's still $29.99, just doesn't ship until Sept 30.
thanks. found it. placed order. thanks OP