Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] More Random Fishing Deals (Updated 12/27)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 4:58 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
327 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto. ON

[Amazon Canada] More Random Fishing Deals (Updated 12/27)

more random fishing deals. Some limited quantities, so first YMMV on, usually first come first serve as the prices rocket back up after one or two have been purchased.

Quantum Trax 30 7+1bb spinning reel $17.84...7 in stock..($50 @ Cabelas) xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Okuma Avenger AV-30b 6+1 bb spinning reel.. $22.52... (40@Fishing World) xxx Deal Over xxx

Okuma CL-302L Classic Pro Trolling Reel $24.72 8 in stock

Okuma XP-202La Levelwind Reel $37.94 only 1 left in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Shimano Solstace 3+1bb spinning reel $29.17 4 in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Okuma Magda MA-30DXT Linecounter Reel Left $39.13 1 left in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx OOS

Okuma 8ft Coldwater 2pc casting rod C $38.80 3 in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Matzuo Kamikazi Spinnerbait $2.71 xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Sufix Siege 6lb line, 330yds $6.25 xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Seaguar 2lb Flourocarbon Leader, 25yds $7.08 xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Spiderwire Ultracast Invisi-Braid 10lb/125yds a steal @ $7.62

Berkley Fireline Fused Crystal 4lb, 125yds $8.48 xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Berkley Trilene Flourocarbon XL, 8lb 200yds $8.73 xxxx Deal Over xxxx

Berkley Mono Low-Vis-Green, 8lb 1000yds $9.48 xxxx Deal Over xxxx
Last edited by DealyMcCheapskate on Dec 10th, 2017 9:09 am, edited 9 times in total.
95 replies
Apr 10, 2011
775 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver
Amazon is the master at automatically increasing prices after a bunch of activity and rapid sales.

Nice stuff but late to the game.
Dec 22, 2015
27 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to order the braided line. Will not ship to my address (Toronto).
Apr 22, 2017
78 posts
73 upvotes
RxMills wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 1:28 pm
Amazon is the master at automatically increasing prices after a bunch of activity and rapid sales.

Totally agree -- I'm almost convinced that Amazon scrapes this website (among others) and bumps the price when something is listed (or traffic increases via the RFD referral link).
Ah well -- wallet is safe at the moment :)
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
327 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto. ON
RxMills wrote:

Albuca wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:27 pm

Totally agree -- I'm almost convinced that Amazon scrapes this website (among others) and bumps the price when something is listed (or traffic increases via the RFD referral link).
Ah well -- wallet is safe at the moment :)
Ahh sorry bout that guys. Yeah I can't figure out Amazon's practise, though I am pretty sure it's computer generated, now if we could only figure out the rhyme and reason behind the patterns, that would be great LOL

What I do wish, to keep Amazon in check, as to not be rescinding or misrepresenting the deals, is for whomever purchases something to just say so in the any of the RFD posts in the forums. Though I'm sure the vast majority are just guests who probably don't have an RFD account. Which would suck really, cuz the lurkers IMO should have less opportunity to cash in on the deals vs someone who actually signed up, contributes any tidbit on product info/quality, or deals in these forums.... Just my two cents LOLOL
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4383 posts
1326 upvotes
NorthernHarvest wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 1:38 pm
Tried to order the braided line. Will not ship to my address (Toronto).
It will not ship anywhere, this deal was posted over a month ago, same problem.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
327 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 3:01 pm
It will not ship anywhere, this deal was posted over a month ago, same problem.

actually it was a different line, which I posted as well lol,
SpiderWire Stealth Superline, 30lb 125yds

Though I'd like to get to the crux of why they won't honor it, or if it's a computer glitch. Might have to phone in an order.
Dec 9, 2017
1 posts
Long time lurker, just joined. I bought up 5 of the okuma reels this morning when the deal was posted. Half decent reviews on them.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
327 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 3:23 pm
In my case it was 80lb
All the same problem nothing will be done
lol actually you're right, it was the 80lb test, cuz I now remember asking what you were using it for.
Apr 10, 2011
775 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver
DealyMcCheapskate wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:55 pm
Ahh sorry bout that guys. Yeah I can't figure out Amazon's practise, though I am pretty sure it's computer generated, now if we could only figure out the rhyme and reason behind the patterns, that would be great LOL

What I do wish, to keep Amazon in check, as to not be rescinding or misrepresenting the deals, is for whomever purchases something to just say so in the any of the RFD posts in the forums. Though I'm sure the vast majority are just guests who probably don't have an RFD account. Which would suck really, cuz the lurkers IMO should have less opportunity to cash in on the deals vs someone who actually signed up, contributes any tidbit on product info/quality, or deals in these forums.... Just my two cents LOLOL
Love what you said. I'm sure many quality RFDers (contributors) would agree with you.

Deal posters are the heroes of RFD. I'd much rather have new deal threads that quickly go sour than never have had those deal posts at all. It's great for research deal histories of an item.

Links and photos... it doesn't get any better! Thanks for your kind efforts.

Amazon's automation software often kicks in to try to enhance it's profitability. Especially if they have limited stock. Once it realizes it's sales of the item again drop to near zero, it sometimes returns to a lower price again.

That's why we have to be careful of its top10 sellers list. They often reflect an item that had an amazing price but has now gone back to their regular price.

REPPED for being a GREAT DEAL POSTER with a cool name too!
Mar 1, 2012
382 posts
140 upvotes
RxMills wrote:

We live in a world led by algorithms - many with an AI behind them. Amazon - being an online retailer, is no doubt employing some very expensive algorithms to make sure it can profit from even the slightest interest from a buyer. I noticed this when I added a Casio watch to my cart, and every day I visited the card to see if the price dropped - and it continued to do this every 24 hours until I finally made the purchase. The price went up $30 the next day.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
327 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto. ON
RxMills wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 5:02 pm
Love what you said. I'm sure many quality RFDers (contributors) would agree with you.

Deal posters are the heroes of RFD. I'd much rather have new deal threads that quickly go sour than never have had those deal posts at all. It's great for research deal histories of an item.

Links and photos... it doesn't get any better! Thanks for your kind efforts.

Amazon's automation software often kicks in to try to enhance it's profitability. Especially if they have limited stock. Once it realizes it's sales of the item again drop to near zero, it sometimes returns to a lower price again.

That's why we have to be careful of its top10 sellers list. They often reflect an item that had an amazing price but has now gone back to their regular price.

REPPED for being a GREAT DEAL POSTER with a cool name too!
Well thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty sure you've done your share of contributions here as well. Like the old adage says "do unto others...." lol. I've saved money on account of some generous people sharing info here, this is nothing but payback. I'd feel too guilty not attempting, and just taking advantage of the deals. I do occasional searches on items that I'm looking for, and you can usually tell by what I've posted, as to what I've been looking for lol. I leave the RFD window open and just keep adding deals I find along the way if I should come across some, cuz like every fisherman, you can never have enough equipment/tackle.....

I feel compelled to add every deal I find on here, irrelevant of stock levels, for the simple fact that I'd rather know someone is out there enjoying that one piece of more affordable equipment than it sitting useless in some bin in a warehouse. Though sometimes I think there are people who prefer the opposite, keeping the info a secret so they look like the big bad fisherman with all the latest gear out there lol.
Jan 3, 2012
573 posts
184 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP for posting this but as usual all the decent deals are gone, I am still not sure why I cannot purchase those spiderwire deals. However on checking other fishing stuff, I did snag a nice deal ( more than 50% off ) on a large EGO landing net for my pike/muskie fishing next year. if anyone here needs one of these nets, there are still a few deals left on these landing nets.
Lol amazon.ca is now my new rummaging site instead of good ole crappy tire
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2016
1438 posts
384 upvotes
kopi0 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 9:29 pm
Thanks OP for posting this but as usual all the decent deals are gone, I am still not sure why I cannot purchase those spiderwire deals. However on checking other fishing stuff, I did snag a nice deal ( more than 50% off ) on a large EGO landing net for my pike/muskie fishing next year. if anyone here needs one of these nets, there are still a few deals left on these landing nets.
Lol amazon.ca is now my new rummaging site instead of good ole crappy tire
Have to agree if you have the time you can find great one off deals...I have bought quality rods, reels, rod rack, frabill 48 inch musky net all at 30-50% Cabelas/Sail prices and see the price go back up immediately after my purchase...strange

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)