Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] More Random Fishing Deals (Updated 12/27)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 4:58 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
325 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto. ON
Fjr2005 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 10:34 pm
Screenshot (2).pnghttps://www.amazon.ca/141517-Okuma-Citrix-Baitc ... th=1&psc=1
Nice, heads up to all the lefties out there. I have a couple Okuma reels which are IMO the best bang for the buck. This would be on price point with the lowest end Shimano's, no brainer IMO. To bad it's a lefty, otherwise I'd add to the collection lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2016
1403 posts
374 upvotes
Just ordered an Okuma Komodo SS400 for Musky for $173...retail in Canada $339....there was a Daiwa Lexia HD400 for $213....Cabelas Canada $399.both were righties....now gone and price up....if you have the time take a look...also ordered another Muskie Rod its a cheaper telescoping TICA but was only $55...now is $109
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
325 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto. ON
kopi0 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 9:29 pm
Thanks OP for posting this but as usual all the decent deals are gone, I am still not sure why I cannot purchase those spiderwire deals. However on checking other fishing stuff, I did snag a nice deal ( more than 50% off ) on a large EGO landing net for my pike/muskie fishing next year. if anyone here needs one of these nets, there are still a few deals left on these landing nets.

Lol amazon.ca is now my new rummaging site instead of good ole crappy tire
nice, I should be shopping around for a new net, but getting distracted with all the glittery shiny stuff lol. Which one if I may ask?

yeah, I used to do the same with crappy tire as well, and found some great deals in recent years, but it was more frustrating than tying a fly on a windy day, with the inaccuracy of their stock levels. Also was getting tired of their CT exclusives of brand names that you can't get any info on.

Fjr2005 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 9:34 am
Just ordered an Okuma Komodo SS400 for Musky for $173...retail in Canada $339....there was a Daiwa Lexia HD400 for $213....Cabelas Canada $399.both were righties....now gone and price up....if you have the time take a look...also ordered another Muskie Rod its a cheaper telescoping TICA but was only $55...now is $109
nice, that's a steal.. Just can't wrap my mind around using a low profile for musky. Too old school/nostalgic here lol That is some serious stopping power for the weight of that reel. It's like the same weight as my conventional round profile reel, with twice the max drag. I've noticed those Tica rods and reels as well there, but never seen one in person, or looked. Some mixed reviews on the reels, though i never looked at the rods.

Anyone using those Carrot Stix rods? Worth the money or just hype? When I've bought a new setup, I'll almost always upgrade the reel, and downgrade the rod in keeping on budget when it comes to casting/spinning, other way around for fly....
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2016
1403 posts
374 upvotes
DealyMcCheapskate wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 5:51 pm
nice, I should be shopping around for a new net, but getting distracted with all the glittery shiny stuff lol. Which one if I may ask?

yeah, I used to do the same with crappy tire as well, and found some great deals in recent years, but it was more frustrating than tying a fly on a windy day, with the inaccuracy of their stock levels. Also was getting tired of their CT exclusives of brand names that you can't get any info on.

nice, that's a steal.. Just can't wrap my mind around using a low profile for musky. Too old school/nostalgic here lol That is some serious stopping power for the weight of that reel. It's like the same weight as my conventional round profile reel, with twice the max drag. I've noticed those Tica rods and reels as well there, but never seen one in person, or looked. Some mixed reviews on the reels, though i never looked at the rods.

Anyone using those Carrot Stix rods? Worth the money or just hype? When I've bought a new setup, I'll almost always upgrade the reel, and downgrade the rod in keeping on budget when it comes to casting/spinning, other way around for fly....

Just ordered an Okuma EVX 9'3' telescoping musky rod for $109...retails for $180 everywhere in Canada...going to go nicely with The Abu Toro Beast I got on Black Friday for 30% off at Gagnon sports....cant wait for spring!! The Revo Beast and Komodo 400 are both about 15oz which is nearly double some of my other baitcasters...

first yr fishing...now I need to order another rod rack
Jan 3, 2012
557 posts
179 upvotes
Richmond Hill
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005Z8 ... UTF8&psc=1

This is the Ego landing net I got for $42 + tax but it is now about $112..
It is a rubber coated net but there might be a non rubber coat one for $39 + tax .
https://www.amazon.ca/EGO-S2-Slider-Lar ... th=1&psc=1
If you fishing on lakes with big pikes or muskies like me, then these nets do come in handy. These prices are damn good if you just compare it to other sites
There are a few other ego nets on sale too the last time I checked, Happy fishing !
Apr 23, 2017
148 posts
92 upvotes
kopi0 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 6:46 pm
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005Z8 ... UTF8&psc=1

This is the Ego landing net I got for $42 + tax but it is now about $112..
It is a rubber coated net but there might be a non rubber coat one for $39 + tax .
https://www.amazon.ca/EGO-S2-Slider-Lar ... th=1&psc=1
If you fishing on lakes with big pikes or muskies like me, then these nets do come in handy. These prices are damn good if you just compare it to other sites
There are a few other ego nets on sale too the last time I checked, Happy fishing !
Looks junky...
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2009
1790 posts
292 upvotes
Are all the deals over?? How did i miss this.... damn it..

Anything on rods??
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
325 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto. ON
flash67 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 7:33 pm
Are all the deals over?? How did i miss this.... damn it..

Anything on rods??

Only rod deals I came across were when I was looking at the Carrot Stix casting rods

Berkley Shock 5 1/2 foot casting 23.46 ONE left in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx OOS

Okuma Tavros 7' casting 33.26 2 in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx

and this reel,

Okuma Epixor Spinning Reel 42.09 ONE left in stock xxxx Deal Over xxxx OOS

Last edited by DealyMcCheapskate on Dec 12th, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 9, 2006
41 posts
5 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks I took the Ikuma spinning reel - Merry Christmas to me. I liked the specs and looks like it might work "reel" well for deadbaiting pike.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9349 posts
937 upvotes
I need to subscribe to this thread... lol
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
325 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto. ON
doug_999 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 4:07 pm
Thanks I took the Ikuma spinning reel - Merry Christmas to me. I liked the specs and looks like it might work "reel" well for deadbaiting pike.
lol, I agree, hard to ignore the specs on this one. I hmmm'd and hawww'd about it myself, but I have too many spinning reels as is. There can only be so many times I can use the

"its too hard for me to see while I'm retying as I get older" excuse, to keep buying up rods n reels LOL.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)