Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Mr. Heater F232050 MH9BX Portable Buddy Heater Massachusetts And Canada Version 4,000-9,000 BTU

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 9:44 am
Nov 1, 2008
826 posts
738 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Mr. Heater F232050 MH9BX Portable Buddy Heater Massachusetts And Canada Version 4,000-9,000 BTU

Amazon has this deal of the day Mr. Heater Propane Heater.

4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 200 square feet
Approved for outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels
Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included)
THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Last edited by wroom on Nov 21st, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==================================================
28 replies
Jan 9, 2014
64 posts
107 upvotes
I use my Big Buddy for ice fishing. I can keep my Eskimo 949i at 20c all day with outside temps of -30c. Great price.

Buy the adapter to refill the 1lb bottles! saves you a lot of cash.
Jan 8, 2008
370 posts
145 upvotes
YYC
Is this for the buddy heater or the big buddy? It is a little unclear in the listing. Picture shows the "buddy" and description matches the smaller units specifications.
Nov 1, 2008
826 posts
738 upvotes
Canada
fershy wrote: Is this for the buddy heater or the big buddy? It is a little unclear in the listing. Picture shows the "buddy" and description matches the smaller units specifications.
I think it's for a regular "buddy". The Big Buddy is HERE at a higher cost.
==================================================
Jul 11, 2007
715 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
$78 is a good deal, think the regular price of $180 is a bit over inflated by Amazon!!
May 4, 2015
62 posts
189 upvotes
ON
Ordered thanks OP, I would take either. The regular buddy would be more convenient for the ice fishing hut or blind.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
about the lowest yet. i think I paid 89 on sale last year
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7440 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
OMG THANKS! I ordered this earlier this year for 129$ and the order was canceled due to stock issue. This is even better. Thanks again ordered!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7440 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
The title is Mr. Heater MH18B Big Buddy 4,000, 9,000 and 18,000 BTU Propane Heater

but the Item model number: F232050 below on amazon.

The F232050 is the buddy heater and not the BIG buddy.....

still ordered... will see when I get it :)
Jun 1, 2008
501 posts
709 upvotes
London
The listing appears to have gotten messed up. The title is showing Big buddy, but the description is describing the little buddy. There's another listing for the big buddy at $181.91, so this must be for the little buddy. I just bought the big buddy two weeks ago at CT For $156. The thing is a beast, I'm heating up a 120 sq ft shed with an attached 240 sq ft pop up garage and it does a great job. A couple things worth mentioning;

1. On initial start, hold dial down on pilot setting for a few seconds to purge any air out of the line (especially if using larger tanks with hose extension)
2. I find it will be way more cost effective to use the 20lb tanks (especially if getting refilled at costco). You will need an adaptor hose, you don't need the overpriced buddy hose, just one that has the right connectors on each end.
3. If using a larger tank or any tank you have refilled, do yourself a huge favour and buy the filter! It filters out any dirt from messing up the pilot saving yourself a lot of frustration like you see in some of the reviews, It's only $11 and replace it each year.
4. Last but not least, when you're done with the heater, shut off the tank first, let the buddy heater burn off any propane left in the line, yes it may seem like a waste but it's negligible, then once the buddy heater goes out, turn the dial off on the buddy heater.

Using the above will greatly lengthen the use of heater, will be more cost effective IMO, and hassle free.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
This is the Buddy heater for $78. The Big Buddy is also on sale at $115. If you prefer that one instead. Click Here
Buddy heater: 4000/9000btu with one panel. One bottle.
Big Buddy heater: 4000/9000/18000btu with 2 panels and 2 bottles. Basically a double Buddy heater in one package.
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
302 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
agentf wrote: I use my Big Buddy for ice fishing. I can keep my Eskimo 949i at 20c all day with outside temps of -30c. Great price.

Buy the adapter to refill the 1lb bottles! saves you a lot of cash.
Where can one find the adapter?
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
boomsly wrote: The listing appears to have gotten messed up. The title is showing Big buddy, but the description is describing the little buddy. There's another listing for the big buddy at $181.91, so this must be for the little buddy. I just bought the big buddy two weeks ago at CT For $156. The thing is a beast, I'm heating up a 120 sq ft shed with an attached 240 sq ft pop up garage and it does a great job. A couple things worth mentioning;

1. On initial start, hold dial down on pilot setting for a few seconds to purge any air out of the line (especially if using larger tanks with hose extension)
2. I find it will be way more cost effective to use the 20lb tanks (especially if getting refilled at costco). You will need an adaptor hose, you don't need the overpriced buddy hose, just one that has the right connectors on each end.
3. If using a larger tank or any tank you have refilled, do yourself a huge favour and buy the filter! It filters out any dirt from messing up the pilot saving yourself a lot of frustration like you see in some of the reviews, It's only $11 and replace it each year.
4. Last but not least, when you're done with the heater, shut off the tank first, let the buddy heater burn off any propane left in the line, yes it may seem like a waste but it's negligible, then once the buddy heater goes out, turn the dial off on the buddy heater.

Using the above will greatly lengthen the use of heater, will be more cost effective IMO, and hassle free.
Where do you get the filter for $11?
Thanks.
Dec 1, 2016
83 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
rayycy wrote: Where do you get the filter for $11?
Thanks.
Nevermind, Amazon has it. It just wasn't showing due to it being out of stock.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7440 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I was just going to post it. it's the same price as amazon. I was going to order it on amazon but it's out of stock and I will get it locally to use my 20lb tank on the mr heater :)

I just noticed they updated the title to match the right product.. Kind of disapointing because when I ordered I was 100% sure I was getting the big buddy until I noticed the different product number (and someone mentionned it).