Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

NES Remix Pack Pre-order for Nintendo Wii U - $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2014 5:37 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon.ca] NES Remix Pack Pre-order for Nintendo Wii U - $34.99

I just noticed this was available for pre-order on Amazon.ca. It's not available on the BB/FS/EB sites yet. The NES Remix Pack is a combination of NES Remix 1 and NES Remix 2 all on one disc. I believe you can buy both packs through the Nintendo eShop, but the last time I checked, digital downloads were tied to the console and not the user account, unless that's changed and I missed it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

$34.99 seems like a pretty good deal for challenges based on the over 25 classic NES games.

If no changes were made to the NES Remix Pack, then the game challenges should be based on the following games:
  1. Balloon Fight
  2. Baseball
  3. Clu Clu Land
  4. Donkey Kong
  5. Donkey Kong Jr.
  6. Donkey Kong 3
  7. Excitebike
  8. Golf
  9. Ice Climber
  10. Mario Bros.
  11. Pinball
  12. Super Mario Bros.
  13. Tennis
  14. The Legend of Zelda
  15. Urban Champion
  16. Wrecking Crew
  17. Dr. Mario
  18. Ice Hockey
  19. Kid Icarus
  20. Kirby's Adventure
  21. Metroid
  22. NES Open Tournament Golf
  23. Punch-Out!!
  24. Super Mario Bros. 2JP
  25. Super Mario Bros. 2US
  26. Super Mario Bros. 3
  27. Wario's Woods
  28. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Additional information can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_Remix_(series)

Here's a review of NES Remix 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IcSfIdV14

*EDIT*
Apparently you can tranfer eShop purchases from one console to another now. You will need to contact their support with information regarding your old console and new console, plus your user account.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I would love to get this... but unfortunately I have all of them on my PC. :(

Might make a great gift to a friend of mine...
May 31, 2008
456 posts
284 upvotes
I'm pretty sure you don't get the full version of all those games. You only replay short parts of them that are tweaked sometimes to play differently.
May 23, 2013
54 posts
178 upvotes
Guitarmy wrote: I'm pretty sure you don't get the full version of all those games. You only replay short parts of them that are tweaked sometimes to play differently.
This is correct. The remixes are short snippets of each game with goals & challenges set up. I would consider this a pick-up & play type of game since each 'level' is only a few minutes long.
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
VBobo09 wrote: This is correct. The remixes are short snippets of each game with goals & challenges set up. I would consider this a pick-up & play type of game since each 'level' is only a few minutes long.
One should add that the challenges can be extremely hard. It's an excellent compilation.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, been waiting for this.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country
Guitarmy wrote: I'm pretty sure you don't get the full version of all those games. You only replay short parts of them that are tweaked sometimes to play differently.
Thanks. You are correct. I updated my OP to reflect the correct information.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7943 upvotes
tigerhawk33 wrote: Thanks OP. I would love to get this... but unfortunately I have all of them on my PC. :(

You don't own any of them on PC...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Lone_Prodigy wrote: You don't own any of them on PC...
What? Go to coolrom.com. Next go to XDA website, download emulators for PC or my android phone, then play game using keyboard or controller. In fact, I think I have hard drives with tons of games from Mame or the like that I haven't even touched in years. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6668 posts
2684 upvotes
calgary
tigerhawk33 wrote: Thanks OP. I would love to get this... but unfortunately I have all of them on my PC. :(

I'd love to check out Gaurdians of the Galaxy but unforunately I have a nice cam on my PC.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I'd love to check out Gaurdians of the Galaxy but unforunately I have a nice cam on my PC.
? The fudge? I saw that in the theatres, and there's always Rogers on Demand or my Netflix that I can go to. Who copies movies? Home theatre system, decently priced Blu-rays... What does your comment have to do with video games?
Sep 17, 2014
45 posts
6 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
tigerhawk33 wrote: What? Go to coolrom.com. Next go to XDA website, download emulators for PC or my android phone, then play game using keyboard or controller. In fact, I think I have hard drives with tons of games from Mame or the like that I haven't even touched in years. LOL
Wasn't aware there was a Wii U emulator for Android or PC. /s
Feb 4, 2006
704 posts
204 upvotes
and this is why I will never buy this series digitally again
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2248 posts
2398 upvotes
This is regular price... actually higher than regular price as you can get them for $16 each on the eShop.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
godstriker8 wrote: Wasn't aware there was a Wii U emulator for Android or PC. /s
NO! Who said Wii U!? Old NES games on PC, FFS!
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
tigerhawk33 wrote: NO! Who said Wii U!? Old NES games on PC, FFS!
Stop beeing clueless.

The Nes Remix isn't a compilation of the old games. You DON'T have it on your pc.

End of story
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country
theboschman wrote: This is regular price... actually higher than regular price as you can get them for $16 each on the eShop.
Great... but aren't eShop games tied to your console? Meaning, if your console blows up and you get a new one, you need to buy the games again? I know Nintendo was talking about changing it so the games are tied to your account, but have they yet? I'm also looking at it from a resale perspective. At some point I'll get rid of my Wii U. I'll get more money for the Wii U with physical copies of the game, then I will for just the console. The digital versions will be useless to me when I get rid of the Wii U. There's also a good chance the digital versions won't work for the next gen console either.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Fularu wrote: Stop beeing clueless.

The Nes Remix isn't a compilation of the old games. You DON'T have it on your pc.

End of story
Geez, I don't have NES Remix, but I do have emulated NES games (you know, the old 8-bit games) on my PC & phone. You know, games like Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Excite Bike, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Zelda II, etc etc. Geez, what the fudge is up with you people!? FFS, get a clue... :facepalm:
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
tigerhawk33 wrote: Geez, I don't have NES Remix, but I do have emulated NES games (you know, the old 8-bit games) on my PC & phone. You know, games like Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Excite Bike, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Zelda II, etc etc. Geez, what the fudge is up with you people!? FFS, get a clue... :facepalm:
No one cares, move on

This isn't a topic about old roms, it's a topic about the physical release of the Nes Remix games.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country
tigerhawk33 wrote: Geez, I don't have NES Remix, but I do have emulated NES games (you know, the old 8-bit games) on my PC & phone. You know, games like Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Excite Bike, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Zelda II, etc etc. Geez, what the fudge is up with you people!? FFS, get a clue... :facepalm:
I personally hate using emulators on phones or PC, but that's me. The NES Remix Pack has snippets from 25 plus NES classic games, and new challenges have been made out of those game. The game levels have been modified, and the challenges are completely new (e.g. Link is in Donkey Kong instead of Mario).