Shopping Discussion

Amazon.ca no longer allowing you to cancel single items from an order?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 8:59 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7460 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria

Amazon.ca no longer allowing you to cancel single items from an order?

I place an order on Amazon Canada about 2 hours ago. I'm not using prime. One item was in stock, one item is a preorder, and the 3rd item was backordered. I found the 3rd item for cheaper on musicvaultz and they had it in stock. I tried to cancel the order on Amazon.ca but it only had the option to cancel the whole order (where before you could cancel a single item). The one item in stock was already processing so cancelling the whole order didn't work.

I contact customer service and they took care of it, but I found it super annoying. I hope it's not permanent because I liked be cable to remove single items for an order (Assuming they hadn't shipped yet).
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7463 posts
2416 upvotes
ON
Could be something to do with the timing of your order and processing status.
I have an active order with one item shipped and waiting on the others - the cancel items option is there.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7460 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
I think you're right. They still hadn't cancelled my order like they said they would, but the boxes now appear to cancel. All is good :)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2784 posts
2893 upvotes
Cancelling item from Amazon is tricky once the items are in different status. If you have add-on item, then it will be even more complicated. Just careful if you do the cancellation yourself. You may be charged shipping if go below $35 for those outstanding items haven't been shipped. If you have add-on item, then make sure your order still cost $25 or above after the cancellation; otherwise, all items haven't been shipped will be cancelled automatically. Sometimes, Amazon will give you warning, but sometimes it doesn't.