Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] North Bayou Monitor Desk Mount Stand Full Motion Monitor Arm for 22-32 Computer Monitor with Gas Spring F85A

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1568 posts
309 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] North Bayou Monitor Desk Mount Stand Full Motion Monitor Arm for 22-32 Computer Monitor with Gas Spring F85A

I bought an older model of this mount 2 years ago for $40, can't believe how cheap they are now. This company makes solid mounts, don't be dissuaded by the naysayers saying the gas mount will break, mine is going strong for > 2 years, very fluid motion then the rigid non gas spring, only needed to tighten the joints once a year. 5 years ago all these monitor mounts were easily $200,

Update:

They have another model today going for $37, not that great of a price as yesterday:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01AI2YGK4/ref ... Y5A2THXMAP

Last edited by astrotrain on Jul 22nd, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Jul 23, 2017
25 posts
89 upvotes
Thanks Bud, Have similar mounts at work. Gas mount is great in an office facing a door. easy to move out of the way and see people or position in front of a a window to block out light,. Fakespot for amazon.com with 260+ reviews was a B
Nov 22, 2014
339 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
How is gas spring vs clamp based mount? Anyone have experiences with both? I never used gas spring...tempted to buy
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2460 posts
1583 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redflagkiller wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 8:43 pm
How is gas spring vs clamp based mount? Anyone have experiences with both? I never used gas spring...tempted to buy
The gas spring has nothing to do with the clamp. It's a tensioning device within the arm that counters the weight of the monitor, so that you can easily push the monitor to a new position and it will stay there.
Nov 23, 2016
172 posts
298 upvotes
Literally just purchased a dual monitor mount from prime cables for $51 2 days ago.... Oh well. I use a gas spring at work and they are great.
Apr 12, 2017
90 posts
77 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Damn just missed out, says waitlist is full...
Nov 6, 2012
232 posts
184 upvotes
Edmonton
OK so the picture of this mount in the middle of the desk is bullshit right? Like it has to mount to an edge of a desk
Images
  • 91XM2IVBcBL._SL1500_.jpg
Oct 30, 2010
29 posts
26 upvotes
ottawa
I bought 2 of these a few months ago and I only ended up using one, if anyone cares to pick mine up in the Ottawa region for $20 (It is also already assembled for you).
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9724 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
Dare I ask why so many people seem to buy this, given (i think?) most monitor have height-adjustable stands anyway?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1568 posts
309 upvotes
benilla wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 10:45 pm
OK so the picture of this mount in the middle of the desk is bullshit right? Like it has to mount to an edge of a desk
Mine came with 2 assembly tools, one on the edge (clamp) another one if your desk has a monitor hole, you use the other attachment. In China, many desks hve such a hole for monitor arms.

Those that missed it, these arms regularly go on lightening deals, just look out for them. I think i saw the dual monitor spring arm one on sale for $42 a few weeks ago. This company makes solid arms and cheap . .
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1216 posts
52 upvotes
the pricing on this is so weird, it fluctuate like hell, i've seen it as high as 70-100$ and usually avgs to like 50 bucks.
I bought 2 different brand ones for 35$ each last year. I bought this one a few months back for 25$ (I was monitoring the price for this for a few week when it was ~ 40-50$ and knew it would drop lower).
They're the exact same thing except the metallic sticker/logo.

I feel like i've seen it go as low as 20$.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1216 posts
52 upvotes
benilla wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 10:45 pm
the picture is photoshopped, but these stands have a second 'base'/clamp, that lets you mount it in a hole.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2658 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great mount! I bought it for my 27" monitor for $40 2 years ago too.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Jan 4, 2010
88 posts
20 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 10:54 pm
Dare I ask why so many people seem to buy this, given (i think?) most monitor have height-adjustable stands anyway?
Because, even if its height adjustable, it leaves the stand on your desk. This gives it that floating monitor look and you can push the monitor out of the way, rotate easily, and you can shove stuff under the monitor that might be blocked by the base.

I have two of these, bought for when they were $30 or so a few months ago. Does the job, isn't $200+ dollars like Amazon Basics/Ergotrons - happy with them (I'm using with two 24")