Nov 8th, 2018 9:01 pm
FYI it comes with a remote, the pro version comes with the controller
Reduction of power consumption? ;)
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:22 pm
It's because of such actions, honest customers end up paying for it. Please don't abuse policies as it hurts everyone.
I tried reasoning with the guy but he replied saying it's convenience and I should not assume stuff because he knows what he is doing. Face With Rolling Eyes
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
OVOSound wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:03 pm
Just got one at Best Buy. They mistakenly sold my reservation but offered me the Shield with controller for the same price for the mishap.

Holiday returns are in effect so you have until Jan. 6 to get a refund if it goes cheaper/prefer something else.
God damn you are one lucky chap
Enjoy your device
Apr 25, 2012
749 posts
210 upvotes
Is this necessary if one has an android smart TV? not sure what all the buzz on RFD is about this product. Genuinely curious.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Aug 17, 2018
26 posts
10 upvotes
Pro comes with both remote (rechargeable) and game controller.
The gaming edition comes with both as well, but same remote as this slim version (replaceable battery)

Now best buy Canada messes everything up by calling slim version gaming, and vice versa the one with gaming controller 'the streaming edition'.

Also note that those that want cheaper than retail, version that comes with both remote and controller, but only packaging different older box) , Canada computers has it for $239...only few left at various locations. 10 percent off for those that want open box. Picked one last night.

LOL, new box packaging at $279 at cc. Ridiculous, as that is all that's different.
Last edited by grca73 on Nov 8th, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2018
3 posts
Ive ordered the one with the remote..i heared the remote is not tht great..so iam looking for alternatives like mini keyboard or something...suggestions are appreciated.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1180 posts
287 upvotes
Thanks. Ordered one from Newegg since only GST for Quebec. $187.95 tax in. Already have 2 miboxs... Dam rfd.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3255 posts
292 upvotes
Thornhill
rxmani wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:14 pm
Ive ordered the one with the remote..i heared the remote is not tht great..so iam looking for alternatives like mini keyboard or something...suggestions are appreciated.
Remote is fine minus the volume bar part
Jul 4, 2009
277 posts
92 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked up at local Best Buy (price beat for ~172).
Also impulse bought 4k UHD Hacksaw Ridge for $18.99. Wanted to see it, figured the price was pretty good.
Aug 17, 2018
26 posts
10 upvotes
demzie wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:10 pm
Is this necessary if one has an android smart TV? not sure what all the buzz on RFD is about this product. Genuinely curious.

Genuinely no android smart tv regardless of price come close to this box, which is why all my smart tvs are network disabled and have shield attached to it.
This would be my 5th box that I'll probably pick tomorrow at best buy, for gifting purposes.
Aug 13, 2018
1 posts
Anyone know how is the compatibility with Apple products... like casting photos and videos or even mirroring iphone screen to shield?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8642 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:55 pm
5 mins to go before their 9pm delivery deadline.
If they missed it, should I get some compensation? lol

--
damn, they missed it.

Now expected 9 November - 10 November
We're sorry your parcel is late
Please come back Sunday if you still don't have it, and we'll help you out.
Was expected today
Just got $5 Amazon credit and one extra month free prime membership for compensation. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Jul 30, 2018
15 posts
9 upvotes
Just got it. Remote needs more heft. Feel crummy next to my metal Samsung one but Google assistant is much better than Bixby...
Last edited by makingbaconpancakes on Nov 8th, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (11 members and 5 guests)

MastaOogway, Bigjaye47, JanS46459, coilz, Moeeed, trilobites, dyalect, EX-R, efrant, Eramo88, Danzak