[Amazon Canada] Nvidia Shield with remote $179.00

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 4:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9114 posts
700 upvotes
Vancouver
No attempts yet at my work. One hour to go. I won’t be there but hope they call and I can have it dropped off somewhere? Locker?
Dec 28, 2010
378 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Thanked OP!
Don't know why ?! But bought one Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 5, 2010
513 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I want the one with the controller. But I don't want to pass on this incase there are no good BF sales. How is Visions return policy for buying things online? Can you return to store if unopened?
Aug 8, 2009
151 posts
91 upvotes
cypher wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:59 pm
Hi Zarfilg,

Can the Plex app on the Sony handle 4k UHD Remuxes without any issues? The Plex app on my 2017 Oled can handle most of these files, but there are still a few high bitrate 4k remuxes (eg Lucy 4k UHD) that cause stuttering in the video. This is the main reason I'm buying the Shield, but I'd love to know if other TV's like the Sony can handle these files with their built in apps.
So far no issues with the sony outside of a couple hd dts audio tracks.
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
Skilas wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:36 pm
I want the one with the controller. But I don't want to pass on this incase there are no good BF sales. How is Visions return policy for buying things online? Can you return to store if unopened?
Their return policy are the worst . They don't return opened items and may even charge you restocking fee. I had trouble returning unopened items too.
Bestbuy and Amazon is the best way to go forward
Jul 27, 2009
26 posts
Toronto, ON
I have a basic 1080p tv and i'm looking for something to stream youtube, netflix and my NAS.

Is there a reason I need this?
Feb 20, 2018
31 posts
46 upvotes
Believe me, this box is AMAZING!! It handles all my multimedia needs. Google the things you can do with android tv and you will be surprised. This box is different from other chinese android box. Its like a nexus player back from 2015 on steroids
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1500 posts
118 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:24 am
This box is 2 years old now. They are coming out with newer one in 2019.

The price is very very good.

I have this and a mibox3. The Shield is only better if you want Dolby Atmos and gaming, otherwise get the Xiami mibox3.
I had a feeling that's why it keeps going on sale
Jul 9, 2008
415 posts
46 upvotes
I ordered today and just noticed that my Prime guaranteed shipping date is Nov 16. WTF Amazon.
Sep 5, 2010
683 posts
102 upvotes
God damnit I was just about to go to sleep
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4460 posts
811 upvotes
Cupcake09 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:59 pm
I have a basic 1080p tv and i'm looking for something to stream youtube, netflix and my NAS.

Is there a reason I need this?
If upgrade to 4K it might be good. Otherwise get cheaper xiaomi mibox
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1431 posts
1105 upvotes
Toronto
I got my Nvidia Shield TV today thanks to Prime same day shipping and I just spent the last 3 hours playing with it. It's much faster than my Amazon Firestick for loading apps and streaming videos, and my Firestick wasn't even that slow. I'm really happy with my purchase.

I tried gaming with the Steam Link app (needs a separate download) and streaming games was quite smooth. The Steam Link app is not the same as the preinstalled app with the Steam logo on it. I paired my PS4 controller and I didn't notice any lag. Using this as a Steam Link was one of the main reasons for getting it and so far it's impressed me. Note though that my my wifi router is close to the Shield TV and I eventually switched to an ethernet cable connection.

Just one thing though, I had problems pairing my controller at first. I googled the issue and learned that the Shield TV might have a difficult time pairing bluetooth devices IF you have an ethernet cable plugged in. I don't know why it matters, but the moment I unplugged the cable, everything paired with bluetooth perfectly. Then after I paired my devices, I replugged in the ethernet cable and everything still worked fine.
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
Fyi return shipping is free.also eligible to return till 31st Jan
Images
  • Screenshot_20181108-220618.jpg

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 5 guests)

MastaOogway, coilz, efrant, Danzak