Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Nvidia Shield with remote $179.00

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 10:31 am
Nov 25, 2006
117 posts
91 upvotes
I reserved one at my local BB for pickup and will do price matching tomorrow.
Aug 14, 2006
771 posts
28 upvotes
I ended up getting this unit for 150$ tax in approximately if I'm doing my math correctly!

I had a issue with a previous Amazon order 2 days ago, which they provided a 40 dollar refund for and still reshipped the order for FREE when I called to complain about the way the shipment got diverted, they then credited my account for 40$ which got applied to this order!!!!!

So my impluse buy is totally justified right guys??? Fluke situation but still!!!!

The dangers of browsing g RFD at work, while taking a few year hiatus!!!!!

I think I scored large!!!!
Aug 6, 2017
69 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Was debating all day whether to get this or not hoping it would be OOS but the RFD effect is strong with this one.
Nov 2, 2006
850 posts
19 upvotes
mt99808 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:23 am
I ordered today and just noticed that my Prime guaranteed shipping date is Nov 16. WTF Amazon.
Same for me...not sure why. What happened to our 2-day free shipping? Hoping it’s just a glitch.
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
ids748 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:42 am
I ended up getting this unit for 150$ tax in approximately if I'm doing my math correctly!

I had a issue with a previous Amazon order 2 days ago, which they provided a 40 dollar refund for and still reshipped the order for FREE when I called to complain about the way the shipment got diverted, they then credited my account for 40$ which got applied to this order!!!!!

So my impluse buy is totally justified right guys??? Fluke situation but still!!!!

The dangers of browsing g RFD at work, while taking a few year hiatus!!!!!

I think I scored large!!!!
Great deal ! Beats any BF if it ever comes lol
Jun 12, 2010
551 posts
131 upvotes
YVR
Ok........ I dont even know why I bought one but I did. Oh well.
Oct 13, 2018
47 posts
54 upvotes
Since I also got the firestick4k. I am going to do a review this weekend for both and post my results incase someone is still in a dilemma on which one to buy.
Last edited by TusharN30757 on Nov 9th, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 10, 2014
109 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Want to get this primarily for IPTV and to watch NBA. What IPTV service would you guys recommend? Thanks
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11222 posts
1671 upvotes
RFD
silverele wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:00 am
I got my Nvidia Shield TV today thanks to Prime same day shipping and I just spent the last 3 hours playing with it. It's much faster than my Amazon Firestick for loading apps and streaming videos, and my Firestick wasn't even that slow. I'm really happy with my purchase.

I tried gaming with the Steam Link app (needs a separate download) and streaming games was quite smooth. The Steam Link app is not the same as the preinstalled app with the Steam logo on it. I paired my PS4 controller and I didn't notice any lag. Using this as a Steam Link was one of the main reasons for getting it and so far it's impressed me. Note though that my my wifi router is close to the Shield TV and I eventually switched to an ethernet cable connection.

Just one thing though, I had problems pairing my controller at first. I googled the issue and learned that the Shield TV might have a difficult time pairing bluetooth devices IF you have an ethernet cable plugged in. I don't know why it matters, but the moment I unplugged the cable, everything paired with bluetooth perfectly. Then after I paired my devices, I replugged in the ethernet cable and everything still worked fine.
So I guess the analogy made in this thread of the Shield TV being the Ferrari of ATV Boxes aren't far away from the truth?
Aug 14, 2006
771 posts
28 upvotes
saagarp wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 2:32 am
Want to get this primarily for IPTV and to watch NBA. What IPTV service would you guys recommend? Thanks
Check group buy section.

I use crown and gold. Crown has web viewing capability as well.
Nov 8, 2009
92 posts
18 upvotes
Needed some clarification. Is this amazon version for 179.99 the 2015 one with 16gb drive or 500gb pro? Is the remote rechargeable and with headphone jack or no to both? Are usb ports the same amount/type on this version and the pro version?
Jul 4, 2009
277 posts
92 upvotes
dieselboy27 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:08 pm
How is 4K streaming using kodi?
My pc is underpowered for transcoding 4K with plex.

Right now I’m using my built in video player on a B6 OLED with an external HDD.
I am streaming 4k HDR videos from my media server over ethernet (wired) in Kodi, and they play instantly and without any buffering at all. I am quite impressed with this little box so far.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4460 posts
810 upvotes
has anyone who ordered this early morning on wed and gotten it delivered via amazon NON prime? mine says shipped so i might get it today? i think its coming from mississauga warehouse, its very fast if get it friday for being a non prime member
Delivery By AMZCA
Tracking ID TBC0xxxxxxx
Friday, 9 November
1:04 AM
Arrival Scan
Toronto, CA
Thursday, 8 November
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Times are shown in the local time zone.
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 8 guests)

SkiLLz, mikka2017, superbigjay, Ren, dan668, Flipcyde