[Amazon Canada] Nvidia Shield with remote $179.00

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 7:48 pm
Jul 4, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:00 am

Just one thing though, I had problems pairing my controller at first. I googled the issue and learned that the Shield TV might have a difficult time pairing bluetooth devices IF you have an ethernet cable plugged in.
Same here, on my initial bootup, it would not connect to the remote. I unplugged everything from the back (minus HDMI and power), and it picked up the remote right away on boot-up the second time.
Sep 21, 2017
27 posts
20 upvotes
Im not sure if I should thank canada post for going on strike because I did get a bunch of promotional coupons because of the delay of my parcels making this deal 129.99 total. Patience is a virtue I guess :D
Aug 30, 2015
233 posts
50 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Cymynet wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:27 am
Im not sure if I should thank canada post for going on strike because I did get a bunch of promotional coupons because of the delay of my parcels making this deal 129.99 total. Patience is a virtue I guess :D
Did you call to complain? Or via chat? When did you place your order?
Sep 21, 2017
27 posts
20 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:53 am
Did you call to complain? Or via chat? When did you place your order?
I just send an email this morning roughly around 5:30am regarding my 3 parcels that supposedly to be delivered 2days ago and yesterday. they offered me a promotional coupon and I used it here.
May 29, 2012
9 posts
3 upvotes
My shield came in yesterday from Amazon and it's DOA, doesn't turn on at all!!
Apr 24, 2006
813 posts
297 upvotes
Wow! This deal is still alive. It’s RFD Effect resistant.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Feb 23, 2010
962 posts
263 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:24 am
They are coming out with newer one in 2019.
Is this confirmed? I couldn't find anything online about that.
May 26, 2007
563 posts
106 upvotes
I have the roku premiere, apple 4k, chromecast ultra, laggy firestick xbox one x ,ps4 pro. WTH did i buy this lol . Hope this does something magical the other ones cant .
Last edited by insomnia77 on Nov 9th, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 19, 2017
352 posts
861 upvotes
Toronto
Redmnm wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:47 am
Looks like Vision is also offering the same package for $179 in case any one doesn't want to wait for delivery and just pick it up in store.

https://m.visions.ca/#/home-productdeta ... ctId=38110
Can't be returned once opened if you buy it from Visions.

It's better to PM at Best Buy and get a much better and extended return policy.
Feb 2, 2010
313 posts
128 upvotes
Cambridge
I was able to PM at BB, and, as an added bonus, the clerk made an error and adjusted it down to 142.99. Score! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jul 23, 2011
384 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
TheAccountant wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:17 pm
1) Upvote OP because it is an incredible price.

But more practically:
2) If your TV isn't a Smart TV with Plex/Youtube (no one cares about the other 100 apps or browser) then you're probably due for a TV upgrade.
3) Kodi was cool, when I was a broke 18 year old that placed "free" above all else, including stream quality and constant troubleshooting. I'm actually surprised that people are still supporting the repos.
4) Forget teaching anyone over the age of 50 how to use an android box or convincing them to add another controller to the mix. They just want to be able to hit "On" and everything to work.

Because of the above:
95% of you will regret buying this shield.
Of that 95%, 33% if you will return it due to FOMO impulse purchase. Another 33% will forget to return it before the deadline and will be trying to sell it on Kijiji. The remaining 33% will have it sit as decorative piece until they eventually replace their TV and realize the new TV can do everything the Shield can.

5% of you will truly benefit from this item.
HAHAHA!!!

This made me smile this morning...

The fact that you were only 18 at a time that KODI existed totally explains the rest of your post.

At this price point, buying this thing is a no brainer. I bought one awhile ago to simply add a Netflix client to my HT. It quickly replaced my LIBRELEC setup as the main driver there and I added a second one for day to day watching on my cheapie 65" RCA in the livingroom. While I'll never cut the chord on Rogers, my family has easily taken to SONAR and RADAR for all their TV watching in the living room and can access all of my terrabytes of content..
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2107 posts
752 upvotes
Sudbury
Is it worth it to get this for 4K YouTube?

Apple TV 4K doesn't support 4K YouTube.

Does the FireTV Stick 4K?
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
4 posts
This is a good deal. I recently purchased and wonder if they can price match..?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2623 posts
317 upvotes
kanewtz wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 8:06 am
Is it worth it to get this for 4K YouTube?

Apple TV 4K doesn't support 4K YouTube.

Does the FireTV Stick 4K?
Not for just youtube 4k, as you can get a chromecast ultra for cheaper.

Bought because it really is the best AIO for my needs.

Thread Information

There are currently 22 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 10 guests)

newcan, b-roc6, taank, Grego8, Narci, blexann, dannyphones, chrischris84, dboyman5, Poppin, 3-putt, RobertRabbit