Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Onkyo TX-NR777 Receiver - $399.99 + 8% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:23 pm
Jul 11, 2007
343 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
anyone know if amazon will refund if the seller is not authorized dealer? I cant find this dealer or name on the Onkyo authorized dealer in Montreal. Onkyo give 2 year warranty on new, and 1 year on refurb... but has to purchased through authorized dealer.
Jul 11, 2007
343 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
nevermind, I found the answer, the seller is authorized dealer of Onkyo. i was searching the seller name within Montreal, that's why i can not find it under Onkyo. I got the postal code and entered under Onkyo site and it pull the store name so it's confirmed Électronique Hifi is authorized dealer.

Électronique Hifi
7999 Boul Des Galeries D'anjou
Anjou, QC H1M 1W9
514-352-4434 (Tel)

there is a service location near Buffalo NY so would not be too bad if i need warranty work... thanks OP, ordering one!
Oct 25, 2018
92 posts
88 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:38 pm
noob question, how do you buy speakers for a receiver? usually you buy them as a set? what kind of specifications do I have to look at to make sure it's compatible?
You can normally get whatever speakers that you would like to hook up! If you are just starting maybe find something used if you can or a cheaper set that has all speakers included Fluance 5 channel speaker set $519 CAD Now these are not amazing but they are decent and will work, just a suggestion. Buddy ordered this set in the wood look and he was more than happy with them.

The only thing you have to watch, really, for would be speaker ohms but most 'normal' priced home speakers tend to be 8ohm and most receivers these days can do 6 or 8, Some of the higher end speakers that cost more can be 4ohm which some receivers wouldn't play nice with.

I have older discontinued front tower speakers from Fluance, center and rear Axiom speakers and Polk Audio Ceiling speakers with a Velodyne sub - Sounds good to everyone who has watched a movie!
Last edited by MikeB84225 on Jan 10th, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1323 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gogozy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:06 pm
nevermind, I found the answer, the seller is authorized dealer of Onkyo. i was searching the seller name within Montreal, that's why i can not find it under Onkyo. I got the postal code and entered under Onkyo site and it pull the store name so it's confirmed Électronique Hifi is authorized dealer.

Électronique Hifi
7999 Boul Des Galeries D'anjou
Anjou, QC H1M 1W9
514-352-4434 (Tel)

there is a service location near Buffalo NY so would not be too bad if i need warranty work... thanks OP, ordering one!
You made me worry for a bit and start search, but you found the answer faster.
Looking forward to get it to replace my 16 year old receiver, which don't have HDMI interface, and have big cabling mess just to use it to connect all device
(All device have HDMI, just the receiver don't have HDMI)
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 13, 2011
29 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Just bought this last week at $499. Just saved me $100. Thanks!
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14907 posts
1725 upvotes
Oshawa
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:47 pm
Having a physical store is a good sign, assuming this seller is not an impostor and is actually the same business.

But generally 'fulfilled by Amazon' does have a higher general risk of unofficial or fake products compared to 'Sold by Amazon'.
Amazon does not segregate their products from those of third party vendors, so the risk of counterfeit goods is the same. It's the fact that Amazon has chosen to fulfill orders on behalf of third party vendors that the risk of counterfeit exists to begin with.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18115 posts
2802 upvotes
GTA West
JAC wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:45 pm
Amazon does not segregate their products from those of third party vendors, so the risk of counterfeit goods is the same. It's the fact that Amazon has chosen to fulfill orders on behalf of third party vendors that the risk of counterfeit exists to begin with.
I thought that Amazon provides the option to 3rd party sellers to keep products segregated (for a price...), But still the segregation reportedly fails sometimes.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3511 posts
1100 upvotes
Montreal
JAC wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:45 pm
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that they do not keep a separate inventory of a product for each seller they fulfill for?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18115 posts
2802 upvotes
GTA West
GT!! wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:00 pm
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that they do not keep a separate inventory of a product for each seller they fulfill for?
Right. This mingling of products from various sellers is what supposedly leads to products 'Sold by Amazon' turning out to be fake. It's a big problem with certain items like Sandisk memory cards.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Sep 3, 2014
537 posts
459 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Excellent price for that receiver.

I have it (paid $449.99 + taxes from London Drugs).

Network functions work well and is very fast to respond to the App.

Also recommend getting this speaker to go with it for use as a remote sound system:

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... o-ncp-302/

Nobody I've found sells these cheaper. $10 less if you sign up for their emails as a new customer. Currently free shipping too (varies from week to week on sub-$100 orders). Ignore the Sale Ends Today thing - it says that every day....
Last edited by BritsinCanada on Jan 10th, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2010
655 posts
88 upvotes
Victoria
nguyenqxl wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:16 pm
Just bought this last week at $499. Just saved me $100. Thanks!
Do you have to return the old one, and place an order for a new one? Thanks
New Koodo User
Sep 9, 2005
198 posts
31 upvotes
Hamilton,Ontario
satanshollow wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:50 am
Hopefully they have fixed their HDMI issues. this was on an older one we owned, but a problem with many of their models. I ended up using it through component.
I own this receiver and i have not had a single issue. HDMI switches with no problems.
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Homer J
Sep 13, 2011
29 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
qianquan wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:23 pm
Do you have to return the old one, and place an order for a new one? Thanks
Yes unfortunately that's the case.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7301 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
satanshollow wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:50 am
Hopefully they have fixed their HDMI issues. this was on an older one we owned, but a problem with many of their models. I ended up using it through component.
ssy080 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:52 am
I still have hdmi problems not getting sound after first turn on with warranty repair on my older 717 Model
vrredflag wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:59 am
what model year is your receiver?
ssy080 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:05 pm

Correction: it is a 717, purchased a while ago... prob 6 /?
Read this thread.
onkyo-receiver-no-sound-special-warranty-1661943/
I had mine repaired for free but it broke again (this time no power) LOL

This time a different problem that I have to DIY but I haven’t got around to do it yet.
Aug 31, 2010
655 posts
88 upvotes
Victoria
nguyenqxl wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:18 pm
Yes unfortunately that's the case.
Thanks, ebates has 6% cashback for amazon.ca, not bad
New Koodo User