I just cancel my order and Re-order because of 8% ebates
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Nov 17, 2013
654 posts
104 upvotes
WINNIPEG
How is the speaker/room calibration? Read onkyo dropped audyssey eq for their own in-house brand. Can anyone comment on how good onkyo's is vs audyssey? Does everyone do room eq or its not a deal breaker?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1896 posts
223 upvotes
Burnaby
how to tell if ebates website get the 8% rebate successfully?
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Sep 3, 2014
537 posts
459 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
vrredflag wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:45 pm
How is the speaker/room calibration? Read onkyo dropped audyssey eq for their own in-house brand. Can anyone comment on how good onkyo's is vs audyssey? Does everyone do room eq or its not a deal breaker?
I replaced a TX-NR525 with the 777 and the onkyo system seems to me to be as good as the old Audyssey.

YMMV...My system is in a 500 square foot basement room with 8 foot ceiling.
Last edited by BritsinCanada on Jan 11th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 6, 2017
45 posts
40 upvotes
The warranty was good even after it expired for the 'sound stops' issue a few years after I bought. They not only repaired it for free, they sent a new box with protective foam by FedEx and covered shipping back for the repair and after at no cost.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14907 posts
1725 upvotes
Oshawa
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:00 pm
I thought that Amazon provides the option to 3rd party sellers to keep products segregated (for a price...), But still the segregation reportedly fails sometimes.
They do, it's called Labelled Inventory. If a FBA product doesn't arrive with a sticker on it, it's Commingled inventory and therefore a counterfeit risk. I can't find a cost for this service, but I've never seen a label on a product so I assume it's expensive enough that it's rarely used.

The real question is whether Amazon merges their own inventory with third-party Commingled inventory; given the number of counterfeit complaints on 'Sold by Amazon' products, I think they do.

Bottom line is that counterfeit goods are rampant on Amazon, and Amazon gives no f***s whatsoever. If they really cared, they'd stop accepting brand-name goods from Chinese vendors.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Mar 7, 2011
65 posts
47 upvotes
Dangit. Bought the nr575 a few weeks ago for $319. Pretty happy with the 575 though. Feature wise these units both have the features I want (dolby vision & atmos, chromecast, etc). This one is just more powerful? I am using some Energy Take 5 speakers, which sound great on the 575. Am I gonna experience a noticeable difference on the nr777 while keeping the same speakers?

I do experience an issue with my 575 where after unpausing a movie or show on my Nvidia Shield, there is a 1-3 second delay before the audio kicks. In I hear this is somewhat common, and happens on many other brands too. Wonder if the 777 would have this issue or not?
Jan 1, 2017
15 posts
I didn’t like Onkyo’s “AccueEQ”. It seemed way off. I manually calibrated mine and it sounds much better. That being said this wasn’t a huge dealer breaker going forward. Purchased a 2nd Onkyo and loving it! At this price point you can’t go wrong!
Nov 17, 2013
654 posts
104 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Don't think you should notice much diff in sound but these two receivers have a diff of about 100 watts? The energy take5 speakers are great. Hopefully the 777 fixes the audio delay with it being a higher model. Not sure though.
dbieb440 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:12 am
Dangit. Bought the nr575 a few weeks ago for $319. Pretty happy with the 575 though. Feature wise these units both have the features I want (dolby vision & atmos, chromecast, etc). This one is just more powerful? I am using some Energy Take 5 speakers, which sound great on the 575. Am I gonna experience a noticeable difference on the nr777 while keeping the same speakers?

I do experience an issue with my 575 where after unpausing a movie or show on my Nvidia Shield, there is a 1-3 second delay before the audio kicks. In I hear this is somewhat common, and happens on many other brands too. Wonder if the 777 would have this issue or not?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3511 posts
1100 upvotes
Montreal
This may be a stupid question, but if I'm watching in 4k do I still get onscreen stuff for the receiver (volume, menus, etc.) or does that only work at normal HD?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1323 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Holly, I cancel my morning order yesterday and re-order because of 8% ebates. It just arrive at noon. I am not even Prime.
Now that's fast shipping
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Mar 19, 2007
172 posts
13 upvotes
I have a question about this, or i guess receivers in general.
If i attach a google home mini to this via bluetooth, do i have to manually select bluetooth on the receiver in order for the google home audio to go through it? I was hoping to pair it with my ghm to have it as its speakers, but i assume it doesn't know how to switch to bluetooth audio only when its sending audio then quickly switch back
Feb 3, 2013
50 posts
36 upvotes
Victoria
vrredflag wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:45 pm
Purchased an Onkyo 676 replacing a Denon 3312. I fell that Audyssey Multi EQ was more accurate and resulted in better home theatre sound. The Onk's centre channel correction sounds "muddy" to me. Music in 2.1 sounds excellent though.