Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn Buttery Flavour-24 Pack $8.97 OR FREE IF IT'S HAS A EXPIRED DATE

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2017 8:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn Buttery Flavour-24 Pack $8.97 OR FREE IF IT'S HAS A EXPIRED DATE

Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn Buttery Flavour-24 Pack

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FPCW222

NOTE CHECK THE EXPIRE DATE ONCE YOU GET YOUR DELVERY , IF IT HAS A EXPIRED DATE CALL AMAZON CS AND THE WILL TELL YOU TO PUT IT IN THE GARBAGE AND WILL REFUNE YOU THE TOTAL AMOUNT
Last edited by 2Riskit on Oct 20th, 2017 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5515 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any cons to eating expired popcorn?
Dec 14, 2016
277 posts
559 upvotes
Great deal if free.

I like to grab the Act II 3-packs at Dollerama. $1.25 for 3 and they're always there for the taking.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
I haven't had this in a long while. Much easier having it delivered to the doorstep in 2 days than to endure long lineups at Walmart.
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
Wrestlemania wrote: Any cons to eating expired popcorn?
I find expired popcorn easily burns when microwaved so you'll need to be careful and underpop a bit.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
I don't think so.

I actually ordered this exact product last year. We didn't go through them all before they expired. Kept eating them anyway, months after the best before date and they tasted fine to me.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Not as long you're the one eating it...lol.
It's a best before date not an expiry date, so it's safe to consume but might not taste as good as the oils go rancid and there could be off/unpleasant flavours.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
wouldn't be worried about expired popcorn but more about eating microwave popcorn in general

lots of diacetyl and PFOA in there

better off getting kernels (organic preferably) and putting them in a brown paper bag and nuke them if you must
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1109 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: Not as long you're the one eating it...lol.
It's a best before date not an expiry date, so it's safe to consume but might not taste as good as the oils go rancid and there could be off/unpleasant flavours.
A more serious version of the same answer is that even if it's perfectly safe (and often it is), foods aren't allowed to be sold past their expiry date. It's a CYA move so that the store doesn't get sued "in case" someone ate something that was starting to go, and got sick.

But as long as you've got some common sense, you can safely go long past the expiry date of many foods.

It's not even necessarily an "expiry" date, as in "the food might not be good after this date". Often they are "best before", as in "it's still fine, just might not taste as fresh anymore".
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Note that if you try to play this game too often, Amazon will stop you from any kind of goodwill gesture, and maybe worse. I used to work for them... Your account will get flagged.
In your pants!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Amazon has better management this year for the grocery product expiry date. This year, I think I have only received one product will expired the same month. I tried the product and it seems there is no difference, so I didn't request the refund or replacement.

Last year is the worst, I almost received at least one expired product per month especially from the pet category. If you indeed received the expired product, I don't think you need to worry about the account being flagged. I'm sure Amazon staff actually go to double check since I saw the product was taken down when I reported expired product. However, if you try to SCAM for free product, I'm sure you will be banned from shopping at Amazon very soon.

Actually there is no way you know the expiry date before ordering the product. Same product (but from different shipment) maybe located on different warehouse. One person may receive an expired product while others may not.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
GreyingJay wrote: A more serious version of the same answer is that even if it's perfectly safe (and often it is), foods aren't allowed to be sold past their expiry date. It's a CYA move so that the store doesn't get sued "in case" someone ate something that was starting to go, and got sick.

But as long as you've got some common sense, you can safely go long past the expiry date of many foods.

It's not even necessarily an "expiry" date, as in "the food might not be good after this date". Often they are "best before", as in "it's still fine, just might not taste as fresh anymore".
Someone thinks too highly of themselves...what wasn't serious enough for you in my reply ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: wouldn't be worried about expired popcorn but more about eating microwave popcorn in general

better off getting kernels (organic preferably) and putting them in a brown paper bag and nuke them if you must
+1

Im a popcorn lover and the stuff they put in those microwave popcorn, those chemicals can lead to cancer.
Apr 14, 2017
750 posts
717 upvotes
Since when has expired food become a hot deal? Are we going to get a dumpster diving thread next?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3383 upvotes
pny128 wrote: Since when has expired food become a hot deal? Are we going to get a dumpster diving thread next?
I'm so there if you create a thread on this
Jun 26, 2012
51 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: I'm so there if you create a thread on this
I heard there is tons of expired food in the garbage bins behind supermarkets. If you get lucky you might even find a few things that are yet to expire!
Nov 12, 2009
69 posts
137 upvotes
Halifax
chadw01 wrote: wouldn't be worried about expired popcorn but more about eating microwave popcorn in general

Neither of those ingredients (PFOA in the bag lining and diacetyl in butter flavour) are used anymore, they stopped years ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
Rekkid wrote: Neither of those ingredients (PFOA in the bag lining and diacetyl in butter flavour) are used anymore, they stopped years ago.
That's good to hear if its true. If so , do you know what chemical they have replaced them with? With regards to the PFOA, they still need a chemical(s) to make the lining stick free. I heard they now use a compound in the same family as PFOA.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)