Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Our Lady Peace - Naveed and Clumsy (Vinyl) 24.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2018 11:20 pm
Jul 29, 2010
447 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Our Lady Peace - Naveed and Clumsy (Vinyl) 24.99$

Has been 35-36$ for months now. It shows up at 68.97$ on the regular item page but if you click on the New and Used link you should see the 24.99$ price shipped from Amazon.

Naveed has also dropped to 24.99$

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LTHKKAM/ref ... 2AbEC7KKDG

Cheers!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. How many records you buy today already?
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jul 29, 2010
447 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
Marphyin wrote: Thanks OP. How many records you buy today already?
None that's the frustrating part, I've been watching these releases for months for them to drop but the timing is really bad. I don't have the spare change to buy them :(
Jul 10, 2017
120 posts
148 upvotes
I'm still amazed by the vinyl revival. I probably shouldn't be, but I didn't see it coming.

I'm happy that I got my turntables and LPs cheap 10-20 years ago from Value Villages before they came back in style.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
No one bought OLP on vinyl back in the day, I don't think a vinyl release even existed. This was in the mid to late 90s at the peak of the popularity of the CD.
Sep 1, 2014
684 posts
1016 upvotes
Ontario
Vinyl deals used to be so awesome on amazon... Still decent, but not like the used to be.... I remember getting live Dio album for 16 bucks..... AC/DC for 15 bucks etc. I've posted some vinyl deals before, but don't bother with amazon, but I do check often. Will do so in future. Not an OLP fan, but thanks for the links OP
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4090 posts
2237 upvotes
Toronto
Naveed is showing as $69 for me.

Both are amazing records.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
As someone who has owned high end turntables and styluses for years and speakers to match... I can say that there isn't much credence to the "vinyl is better" default opinion. It's not. There is a different quality to it, it's nice, but any incrementally better quality to it over digital is completely obliterated by the fact that there is no way around it just being a pain in the ass from A to Z compared to digital. Everything from needing to store records (which take up room and get heavy to move faster than you can imagine) to it being a pain just to find what you're looking for and play a song... forget it. I sold my decks and moved on.
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Vinyl deals used to be so awesome on amazon... Still decent, but not like the used to be.... I remember getting live Dio album for 16 bucks..... AC/DC for 15 bucks etc. I've posted some vinyl deals before, but don't bother with amazon, but I do check often. Will do so in future. Not an OLP fan, but thanks for the links OP
You really have to dig and jump on stuff fast. I find that Amazon UK has some great deals, even after converting and shipping. 4 pounds for Kaputt by Destroyer vs $33 at Amazon.ca.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
BinaryJay wrote: As someone who has owned high end turntables and styluses for years and speakers to match... I can say that there isn't much credence to the "vinyl is better" default opinion. It's not. There is a different quality to it, it's nice, but any incrementally better quality to it over digital is completely obliterated by the fact that there is no way around it just being a pain in the ass from A to Z compared to digital. Everything from needing to store records (which take up room and get heavy to move faster than you can imagine) to it being a pain just to find what you're looking for and play a song... forget it. I sold my decks and moved on.
That's also my opinion. I have no desire to get back into the vinyl game, but more power to those who are.

Vinyl is now expensive, takes lots of room to store, gets damaged easily, heavy.

I do find though, that for serious audiophiles, vinyl has a much warmer and more organic sound, similar to that of live music.

I've moved totally to streaming myself.
Jul 29, 2010
447 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
Super_Chicken wrote: Naveed is showing as $69 for me.

Both are amazing records.
You have to click on New and Used link lower on the Amazon page.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: That's also my opinion. I have no desire to get back into the vinyl game, but more power to those who are.

Vinyl is now expensive, takes lots of room to store, gets damaged easily, heavy.

I do find though, that for serious audiophiles, vinyl has a much warmer and more organic sound, similar to that of live music.

I've moved totally to streaming myself.
I miss vinyl as well. :( I miss when 7"'s were like $4-5 and albums were like $15. I guess with the number of people streaming and downloading music from different sites the price of vinyl just skyrocketed. It's just sad really.

I think we've lost our slow edge as a society as well. Remember when modems were 300-1200-2400 bps? Or even 9600 bps? We were accustomed to slow. Now we want everything fast because the internet is fast.

With that being said, there are portable music players (with changeable opamps) from China on Aliexpress that sound similar to vinyl and similar to cassettes. Lol. Canadians arent really buying them, but maybe they should if you want that old school sound back from the 90s. With honesty though, nothing will sound as good as vinyl as the amp and speakers playing it are superb.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9278 posts
10285 upvotes
Vinyl is basically a way to rip off Gen Xers by charging them 3-4x more than an album is really worth because it comes in a niche format, so that now that they have a receding hairline, a mortgage, a 9 to 5 job, 3 hours of traffic a day, and two kids they drive to and from daycare, they can feel that they are still "edgy, rebellious punks" who still "have it in them". And they are egotistical enough to gobble it up, really thinking that they can "feel the better sound" (never mind that blind listening tests show just the contrary).
Last edited by Poutinesauce on Apr 23rd, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
I want Naveed on vinyl but I can wait for it to drop back down to $20.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1565 posts
1530 upvotes
BritishColumbian wrote: With that being said, there are portable music players (with changeable opamps) from China on Aliexpress that sound similar to vinyl and similar to cassettes. Lol. Canadians arent really buying them, but maybe they should if you want that old school sound back from the 90s. With honesty though, nothing will sound as good as vinyl as the amp and speakers playing it are superb.
Most people aren't nostalgic for that low-fidelity sound, vinyl will die out eventually so if you're interested you should buy it now.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1199 posts
108 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Vinyl is basically a way to rip off Gen Xers by charging them 3-4x more than an album is really worth because it comes in a niche format, so that now that they have a receding hairline, a mortgage, a 9 to 5 job, 3 hours of traffic a day, and two kids they drive to and from daycare, they can feel that they are still "edgy, rebellious punks" who still "have it in them". And they are egotistical enough to gobble it up, really thinking that they can "feel the better sound" (never mind that blind listening tests show just the contrary).
Interesting...so, what's really bothering you?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2976 posts
2012 upvotes
Calgary
Another reason for vinyl's high price now is the very limited number of pressing plants, and the fact said plants are using decades-old equipment with replacement parts hard (if at all possible) to find.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Anyone who is in the Mississauga area, they are having a record convention that was SUPPOSED to happen on the 15th, but got delayed to the 29th due to the ice storm. The Mississauga show usually has a vendor that sells new sealed records for $15ea. No tax. Some double albums are $20-$25.

However, because the record show got postponed, I have NO IDEA if this particular vendor will be there, as some vendors already had other shows to attend.

Hard to see, but the sticker says $15.

I am in no way affiliated with these guys. I am affiliated with good deals. The show comes twice a year, April and Sept. During the Sept show, I got Naveed for $15.
Aug 6, 2012
348 posts
191 upvotes
TORONTO
BinaryJay wrote: As someone who has owned high end turntables and styluses for years and speakers to match... I can say that there isn't much credence to the "vinyl is better" default opinion. It's not. There is a different quality to it, it's nice, but any incrementally better quality to it over digital is completely obliterated by the fact that there is no way around it just being a pain in the ass from A to Z compared to digital. Everything from needing to store records (which take up room and get heavy to move faster than you can imagine) to it being a pain just to find what you're looking for and play a song... forget it. I sold my decks and moved on.
I agree. The sound isn't better. Might be slightly different. But taking the time to take out an album and listen to the whole thing is a different experince than picking random songs or letting an algorithm throw random things at you. Some still find the extra bit of work worth it. Downside is that its more plastic in the world but well cared for that plastic will still be working decades later when all of the current streaming services are gone and dead replaced with something else. Pros and cons to it all.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Devhux wrote: Another reason for vinyl's high price now is the very limited number of pressing plants, and the fact said plants are using decades-old equipment with replacement parts hard (if at all possible) to find.
That’s an excellent excuse but really was just a way of getting ridiculous amounts out of trendy hipsters types for an inferior product. What it did do however was shut out the small independent bands from the pressing plants that were doing the vinyl thing long before in favor of the lame big label bands who have now hogged all the capacity.
Poutinesauce wrote: Vinyl is basically a way to rip off Gen Xers by charging them 3-4x more than an album is really worth because it comes in a niche format, so that now that they have a receding hairline, a mortgage, a 9 to 5 job, 3 hours of traffic a day, and two kids they drive to and from daycare, they can feel that they are still "edgy, rebellious punks" who still "have it in them". And they are egotistical enough to gobble it up, really thinking that they can "feel the better sound" (never mind that blind listening tests show just the contrary).
The upside is that my old punk record collection is now worth a small fortune that I will be selling into this trend. Like selling hockey and baseball cards off in the early 90s before it collapsed. If I got money in my pocket and they get all warm and fuzzy...win win.