Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[Out of Stock] VIOFO A129 Duo Front and Rear Dash Cam $30 Off + 50% Off on Accessories + 8% Ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2019 1:35 am
Sep 18, 2009
504 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just to add my own anecdote, I have owned the A119s as my first cam, and it has worked since day one. Any issues I have had firmware have fixed. SInce I have the v1 a119s with the GPS module, I have plugged in the power cable directly into the camera, haven't had any disconnection issues doing that.

Looks like I'm getting the A129 duo tomorrow, can't wait.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8469 posts
4465 upvotes
Canuckland
ssy080 wrote: Why? Could you please elaborate? Seems like they say you should take the filter off at night... too much hassle xD
You don’t have to, it looks fine 24/7 without the glare
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Phew made it when I bought it. I think it said only 5 left now when you click on the link it doesn't show the camera anymore just the accessories.
Jun 15, 2008
629 posts
87 upvotes
When I was buying it, it was down to the last two. So strange. I added all the codes but the code for the SD card was not included.
Sep 18, 2009
504 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Got mine today, just removed the A119s and replaced it with this. Going to throw the A119s in my work vehicle.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
silvergate wrote: Though some might be valid, so I might share what are the common problems I encountered in many years with any of the viofo's product.

1. If there is no power in the dashcam, always check first your power source.
a. Is the cigarette lighter working or fuse blown. try another port.
b. next to check is the cigarette usb adapter. try to use another cigarette usb adapter rated at least 1A or 2A in for every port. 500mA wont work.
c. the included viofo cigarette usb adapter has also problems with fitting to some cars. the problem is the unusual neck design of the viofo cigarette usb. Symptom of the problem is intermittent rebooting or power will cut off suddenly when driving. I emailed viofo to use low profile usb adapters instead so check this out also if you have problem with. An example of the car is the toyota Sienna 2014.
d. next to check is the wire. Remove dashcam and try another wire. use spare wires from your camera, cellphones or etc.
e. if all fails for power check, it might be the dashcam.

2. If the screen is stuck, it is usually a firmware problem. Just flash it with the latest firmware.
3. try to reformat your microsd at least 30 day. You can set that at teh settings.. I use regular microsdcards and endurance card. Surprising my 32Gb 633x which I used in my first dashcam is still working for my secondary cam A119s. Use whatever you prefer but avoid cheap imitation fake cards. I love microsd that are made in taiwan.
4. If you have the version 1 mount of old viofo, try powering it to the camera and see if rebooting would be solved. get an eva foam or do an exchange to v2 if its still applicable. This is not applicable to v2 and the new A129.
Is the 30 days guideline for reformatting sd cards a general rule of thumb - even if 1 is using the transcend high endurance sd card and alike?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
adilh53 wrote: Is the 30 days guideline for reformatting sd cards a general rule of thumb - even if 1 is using the transcend high endurance sd card and alike?
Not a rule of thumb but just in case there is a file system error which you can't read the video in case of accident. File system error happens when the microsd card is being written and suddenly power cuts off. Viofo are using capacitor which is enough finish writing before shutting down but you never knew what might happen. You can extend that to 60 days. Just recently 3 days ago, a friend was in an accident and he was thanking me a lot for giving him my old mini 0805. It was a change lane accident where the other driver did not use shoulder check and even ran off. It was like a pit maneuver. I wish I could share the video here but ill wait until the case is close. I really hate drivers who will ran after an accident. Some people have no conscience at all. Thankfully the whole incident was recorded and we got the plate number clearly as the sky and submitted it as evidence. What matter most is that hes ok and thankfully dashcam saves the day or else he has to pay something to get it fixed.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
Can someone post there order confirmation pic? Without your details?
Sep 18, 2009
504 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Aselwyn1 wrote: Can someone post there order confirmation pic? Without your details?
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
A quick thanks to all the folks in this thread. I wasn't sure which cam to get and now I'll be on the lookout for this brand. Cheers all
Jun 15, 2008
629 posts
87 upvotes
Any folks from Metro Vancouver got this? Are you hardwiring & installing it yourself or getting someone to do it? I know of Blackboxmycar but I found RPM Electronics in Burnaby that installs mostly car stereos but does dash cams as well. Any other places I could look into? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like ebates was only 1%, not 8%.. I guess because the seller was not amazon. Kinda sucks.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
Any recommendations on where to get these add a fuses at a good price? Princess auto has some for $6-10, crap tire and part source like $15.
pr0d2 wrote: you need the hardware kit but i advise against the add-a-circuit fuse kit since you need at least 2 of the same type and the kit provides 4 different fuse type.
just find out what type of fuse your car uses and go buy a 2 add-a-circuit fuse from a auto shop + 5a fuses.

for to hardwire kit add the ACC line to a fuse that power only when the car is powered up, the battery line to a fuse thats powered at all times and the ground to some bare metal, and make sure the fuse you tap is not used for any safety devices.
Oct 19, 2013
1 posts
Toronto
how long were the discounts codes good for??
just tried and couldn't apply it!!!
Feb 21, 2008
174 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
adgesemp wrote: how long were the discounts codes good for??
just tried and couldn't apply it!!!
Try contacting the seller and ask if they can send you a code you can use.
Oct 12, 2014
966 posts
687 upvotes
London, ON
Looking for one too.
Public Mobile $38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)