Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

A pair 8400LM cool white LED car headlight bulbs - $22.50

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 4:22 am
Banned
May 21, 2018
45 posts
159 upvotes
Orillia

[Amazon.ca] A pair 8400LM cool white LED car headlight bulbs - $22.50

Model provided: H11/H8/H9/H4/H7/9005/HB3/9006/HB4
Clip coupon to save $3.00 discount and enter 50%off code J3HUYIXZ at checkout.
Coupon and code should work for all model.
Code may be unavailable anytime.

Remember to switch your High Beam to low beam when head-on with a car.
Surprise everywhere.
28 replies
Oct 13, 2017
246 posts
444 upvotes
Halifax
You want to be careful as they might not be as advertised, here is a couple of compliant form customers:

"Not that bright on reflectice housing (low beam). Image on ad is very misleading, it says 8400 lumens more like 5000 lumens."
"junk. plugged them in and they didn't work, the fan dodnt even turn on. 0/5"
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Remember LED bulbs in housings designed for halogens that have a lot of mirrored surface will blind oncoming traffic.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've never installed LED bulbs in my cars before (they are all halogen), can I just buy these and plug them in or do they need more?
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: I've never installed LED bulbs in my cars before (they are all halogen), can I just buy these and plug them in or do they need more?
Please don't... see the post above:
Remember LED bulbs in housings designed for halogens that have a lot of mirrored surface will blind oncoming traffic.
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
these things are brightAF lol..esp if u don't aim them down a bit...stock halogen housing will blind incoming cars, esp if ongoing car is LOWER then u..ie they are going UP the hill while your are going down the hill aproaching each other
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 15, 2012
442 posts
461 upvotes
Sudbury
Are these "DOT" approved? If not, it is technically illegal to install them-- "Super bright"--- think about what the oncoming driver is faced with and put yourself in their driver's seat!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
Use them in projector type housing only please. Hate it when pickup trucks have led white bulbs in reflector housing.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Why are these even allowed by law anyways to be used in cars?
====================================
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Serpentine wrote: Are these "DOT" approved? If not, it is technically illegal to install them-- "Super bright"--- think about what the oncoming driver is faced with and put yourself in their driver's seat!
No such thing as DOT approved. DOT makes regulations only and it's up to manufacturers to comply.
ludhi wrote: Why are these even allowed by law anyways to be used in cars?
Many of the new OEM LED lights are just as blinding as drop in LED bulb.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
No they’re not. An LED bulb in a halogen lamp will be significantly more blinding then a OEM setup. OEM systems are just bright. Now, an OEM setup CAN have misaligned beams. That would cause blinding to oncoming drivers.

Don’t try to justify throwing LED bulbs into halogen lamps. It’s just stupid and irresponsible.

For those contemplating “upgrading” to LED bulbs, YES they are brighter and yes you will see more of what’s ahead of you. That comes at the expense of blinding oncoming drivers, drivers in front of you and people walking. You’re putting yourself and others at risk. Not worth it IMO, unless you’re doing a proper retro fit or using them off-road ( example tractor lol ).

jzmtl wrote: No such thing as DOT approved. DOT makes regulations only and it's up to manufacturers to comply.

Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
I wish police would crack down on these obnoxious LED retrofits, would be easy tickets with the number of them out there now.

It's bad enough at night in good weather, at night with wet surfaces the glare is very disorienting.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
M1K3Z0R wrote: I wish police would crack down on these obnoxious LED retrofits, would be easy tickets with the number of them out there now.

It's bad enough at night in good weather, at night with wet surfaces the glare is very disorienting.
unless their are real ricers in those fart cans with bright HIDs or leds and speeding, cops won't do chit imo
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 15, 2012
442 posts
461 upvotes
Sudbury
jzmtl wrote: No such thing as DOT approved. DOT makes regulations only and it's up to manufacturers to comply.

It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests. ... Note: SAE approved headlights and tail lights are not street legal in US, until they are approved by DOT

It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests. ... Note: SAE approved headlights and tail lights are not street legal in US, until they are approved by DOT.

DOT stands for Department of Transportation. It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests.

Do you still want to say no such thing as DOT approved? It is a common term with clear understanding!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
anyone able to find the blue 10k or 12k LED 9006 low beams ? or they only sell these in the cool white 6k and 8k,tia , im more into the color look not the visible light output. These are my DRLs. I want matching low beems
46BF17D2-CA0B-4FDE-A277-F98470503DE6.jpeg
Last edited by mikka2017 on Jun 10th, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 1, 2013
243 posts
114 upvotes
I used to be one of those asses that put led in my reflectors. Ever since I swapped out my reflectors headlights for his projectors, it's night and day. All I can say is, please do change your headlights instead of just the bulbs.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
silvergate wrote: Use them in projector type housing only please. Hate it when pickup trucks have led white bulbs in reflector housing.
They actually make projector housing specific LED bulbs.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Serpentine wrote: It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests. ... Note: SAE approved headlights and tail lights are not street legal in US, until they are approved by DOT.

DOT stands for Department of Transportation. It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests.

Do you still want to say no such thing as DOT approved? It is a common term with clear understanding!
DOT has no procedure to approve anything, if you send any product to them as for approval they'll tell you to piss off because they don't do it.

Building something to a standard does not mean it's approved by the body that sets it, apparently your clear understanding is not so clear after all.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: anyone able to find the blue 10k or 12k LED 9006 low beams ? or they only sell these in the cool white 6k and 8k,tia , im more into the color look not the visible light output
Why would you want more 10k or 12k blue
Car show?
Last edited by iSimple on Jun 8th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20806 posts
6622 upvotes
London
LED is like the wild west, not all are the same. Some are junk, some so so, etc. Anything half decent is going to be $100US+ per pair

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)